PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ohio State!

8timechamps
1/8/2007, 11:55 PM
For helping put to rest the memories of the 2004/05 Orange Bowl. I will sleep better tonight.

opksooner
1/8/2007, 11:56 PM
See message icon.

sooner94
1/9/2007, 12:01 AM
I started thinking the same thing near the end of the first half.

I must admit, its nice to see another undefeated team get blown out in the BCS game. And Tressel is known as a big game coach, too, rightfully so IMO.

Just proves that sometimes its not your night.

OKC-SLC
1/9/2007, 12:01 AM
wtf 'orange bowl' are you talking about.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 12:03 AM
wtf 'orange bowl' are you talking about.

exactly.

Crimsontothecore
1/9/2007, 12:03 AM

I must admit, its nice to see another undefeated team get blown out in the BCS game. And Tressel is known as a big game coach, too, rightfully so IMO.

Just proves that orange and blue uniforms are unbeatable in the fiesta bowl stadium
Fixed

MamaMia
1/9/2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe now we wont be so much in the spotlight over TGOWWDNS. :P

IronSooner
1/9/2007, 12:05 AM
And they showed UF's blowout of FSU in '96. Misery loves company.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 09:27 AM
There's more....they now replace us for the fewest yards gained in a BCS bowl.

Outstanding!

TexasSooner01
1/9/2007, 10:45 AM
There's more....they now replace us for the fewest yards gained in a BCS bowl.

Outstanding!

I knew Ohio State was good for something (other than beating Miami to snap their winning streak)! :D

#1 SOONER FAN
1/9/2007, 11:19 AM
It good to see just how good the BIG TEN is, let's see, Michigan blown out by Southern Cal, Ohio State crushed by Florida, YET they were ranked 1 and two most of the year. BUT they actually didn't play anyone all year long. With the exception of Texas which wasn't that good. I just like it when ESPN is SO WRONG!!!!!!

sjt
1/9/2007, 11:35 AM
On another note, did anyone else groan when they announced that a PAC10 officiating screw was working the game?

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 11:38 AM
On another note, did anyone else groan when they announced that a PAC10 officiating screw was working the game?

That's funny, I thought the same thing. I also got to thinking, how far did the NCAA (or the Fiesta Bowl) go out of their way to make sure a PAC 10 crew didn't officiate the Fiesta Bowl. I think Bowl officiating crews are supposed to represent the conferece that the stadium/host university is connected with.

CincySooner
1/9/2007, 11:39 AM

or when they went to the replay for the first time? How many people thought, "Oh Lord... Here we go again?"

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 02:54 PM

Just proves that sometimes its not your night.

I think Tressel contributed to the blowout by running into the line on 4th down from his own 29. He must have been whacked out on Red Bull and Catnip at the time.

OK2LA
1/9/2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't catch the game - did anyone Tebow it?

Sooner Eclipse
1/9/2007, 04:36 PM
I didn't catch the game - did anyone Tebow it?

If by tebow you mean run headlong into the center of the television time and time again, yet my wife refused to stop me, then NO.:)

FrostySooner
1/9/2007, 10:39 PM
Why does it seem like every team that has played multiple BCS National Championships choke in their second time around. Florida State won their first one and then choked two years in a row. We won our title in 2000 and then choked two years in a row. USuCk dominated us in their first one and then choked against Texas. Miami won their first one and then lost to tOSU the next season. Then, Ohio State loses their second shot at it last night.:confused:

I came to my own conclusion last night. When Oklahoma, Texass, Miami, Florida State, USuCk, and tOSU played in their first game, they left it all out on the field and played with reckless abandon. Then, when they got into the game a second or third time, they became very conservative in their play calling. tOSU seemed as though they played their NC game against Michigan. Tressel's team, like the others, played not to lose in the game while UF played like they had nothing to lose. Is it a requirement to become conservative in the biggest game of the year after you win just one???

BTW, NO team has won the BCS NC game twice. OU and FSU are the only two teams to make three appearances in the game. That stat makes me feel a lot better about not winning more than one so far. We have a good chance of making a few more this decade.

PLaw
1/9/2007, 11:02 PM
For helping put to rest the memories of the 2004/05 Orange Bowl. I will sleep better tonight.

DITTO!! I was hoping UF would hang half a hundred on 'em for total abolution.

PLaw

Sco
1/10/2007, 05:29 PM
Hmmm, so far, so good...

ESPN has us ranked 6 and OSU ranked 9...

Maybe they've forgiven us....

Nah...

yermom
1/10/2007, 06:21 PM
That's funny, I thought the same thing. I also got to thinking, how far did the NCAA (or the Fiesta Bowl) go out of their way to make sure a PAC 10 crew didn't officiate the Fiesta Bowl. I think Bowl officiating crews are supposed to represent the conferece that the stadium/host university is connected with.

they are supposed to be from a conference not involved in the game, i don't know any more specifics than that though