PDA

View Full Version : So when you think of 2006...

goingoneight
1/8/2007, 10:57 PM
... do you yawn, too?

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2007, 11:04 PM
Mostly I weep openly.

BASSooner
1/8/2007, 11:09 PM
When I think 2006, It makes me anxious to live 2007(I mean by the start of the football season)

badger
1/8/2007, 11:26 PM
Every year is a quest for number eight :)

BASSooner
1/8/2007, 11:29 PM
this year BETTER be the year for #8. I know we all keep saying the same thing but, this year if we find a QB. We head to the championship.

kevpks
1/8/2007, 11:30 PM
I saw a lot of progress in the Sooners this year. We are going to tear it up next year! Boomer Sooner! How many days till kickoff?

AzianSooner
1/8/2007, 11:31 PM
Les Miles will void the playoff

goingoneight
1/8/2007, 11:37 PM
T-minus too many ****in' days, too many ****in' hours, too many ****in' minutes, too many ****in' seconds...

...and counting.

setem
1/9/2007, 12:01 AM
I love Sooner football more than any man should!

It is religion for me on Saturdays. Even though it was disappointing to see the OUr boys lose in the Fiesta, I will never forget this one. It may be cliche but on game day we truly get a chance to eat, drink and be merry. I love spending time with friends and family. It is the one day where we can all agree on one thing...the Sooners are the greatest! Even though my punk *** sister is a Poke, I still enjoy watching the away games with her and the rest of my family.

I may be looking at the world through 22 year old crimson tented glasses but without the Sooners I do not think life would be any fun. If you were to ask me about any other team in the country, I do not think I could say much about them. If you ask me something about the Sooners...I can tell you just about anything. I could care less what is going on in other Schools programs. As long as OU gets theirs I am happy. I do not wish injury on any kid at all...that is not to be mistaken with caring if an opposing player gets hurt that I care. Because I don't! If Bowman from OSU never plays another down it would be too soon. When I was younger I admired Gary Ward more than anyone. You have to earn my respect. Vince Young while he was at SAXET was a POS now he has become one of the most prolific players in the Pro ranks. Even though I love everything about OU, I still see other players on other teams and I have respect for their actions.

When I look back on this season I do not Yawn at all.

We got hosed in Oregon.

We got beat by Saxet.

We got beat by BSU.

We WON the Big 12 and we made to a BCS bowl game. That is more any most every other program can say.

PT even though he said he had nothing to prove, sure did show us all!

AD in the games he played put on a show!

After Oregon the D started locking it down and playing like we know they should.

We got to see Saxet fall apart and mack Brown "break out"

OSU another win is always good.

I look forward to next season and when Miami hits Nomton...I will be respectful of their fans and players and cheer for OUr Sooners. I am tired of football for a while. When the spring game comes and we get to see what Nichol can do. I will be ready for some football. Bring on March Madness and bring on Sooner Baseball. I have big plans for baseball season. Wichita State comes into town in April. We get to make fun of Stephenson and his one day as the Sooner head coach and just being old in general. We are down in both basketball and baseball, but I will cheer just the same. Plus it is time to get back to work and school.

It is time to take a break from football and watch other sports.

It is never time to take a break from the Sooners!

BOOMER SOONER!

OUstud
1/9/2007, 12:08 AM
All I know is that I am damn excited to hold my index finger up and yell "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!" come September 1.

The Maestro
1/9/2007, 12:20 AM
... do you yawn, too?

Couldn't agree more. One of the most boring years in college football's recent memories.

tommieharris91
1/9/2007, 12:20 AM
Uhhhh I hear we gon be reeeeeeel good at baseball this year.

trey
1/9/2007, 12:21 AM
i was in attendance at two of the most unbelievable college football games of all time. of course we were on the losing end of both, but it is still hard for me to fathom what transpired at the end of the games in eugene and glendale.

i consider 2006 a success. 11 wins, big 12 champs and two plays away from being 13-1 and maybe a #2 finish.

SoonerNorth
1/9/2007, 12:21 AM
Next year is all about the SOONERS.

sooneron
1/9/2007, 12:24 AM
... All I think about is this team's determination not to let the season slip away and how they battled back when the chips were down.

The Maestro
1/9/2007, 12:25 AM
When Boise Freaking State has an argument to be the best college football team...we've had a bad season.

Bruiser53
1/9/2007, 12:49 AM
By far the worst heisman race in the the history of the planet. After Ohio St's debacle, I don't think Troy Smith deserved it, but I really can't think of anyone else that would. All three finalists teams got beat in bowls. No real game changing playmakers this year (this would be a different story if a certain RB lands differently after a long TD run earlier this year).

sooner518
1/9/2007, 12:54 AM
im kinda burnt out on football for a while. itll be good to have a break. although i wish the break were only like a couple months instead of 8