PDA

View Full Version : The way this is going, them Boise fellers will be beating their chests!

Okla-homey
1/8/2007, 10:24 PM
waddya U guys think?

sooneron
1/8/2007, 10:25 PM
My stock answer to that - Beating an above average OU team by one point is no barometer for playing for the title.

TopDawg
1/8/2007, 10:28 PM
Round 2

Boise State v. Florida
USC v. LSU

(sorry Louisville)

I'd like to watch both of those games. And if UL made it over BSU, that could also be an entertaining game.

Flying Scotsman
1/8/2007, 10:29 PM
Ditto! Won't change the voters' minds...for the USC Non-BCS championship poll....

Newbomb Turk
1/8/2007, 10:29 PM
that's why it's a mythical national championship.

FaninAma
1/8/2007, 10:30 PM
BSU has every right to claim they should have gotten a shot. And OU was a very good team this year. The Bg 12 was a little down this year but "above average" teams don't win the Big 12....even in down years.

LSUdeek
1/8/2007, 10:35 PM
/s/Boise/USC
/s/Boise/Wisconsin
/s/Boise/LSU
/s/Boise/...

sooneron
1/8/2007, 10:47 PM
BSU has every right to claim they should have gotten a shot. And OU was a very good team this year. The Bg 12 was a little down this year but "above average" teams don't win the Big 12....even in down years.
a LITTLE down?? Ok, I will give you that OU is a pretty good team, but the B12 stunk.

MamaMia
1/8/2007, 10:57 PM
a LITTLE down?? Ok, I will give you that OU is a pretty good team, but the B12 stunk.We did not stink. Our conference has alot of young players. We're just in a development stage. Thats all.

OUAndy1807
1/8/2007, 11:00 PM
We did not stink. Our conference has alot of young players. We're just in a development stage. Thats all.
they stunk.

sooneron
1/8/2007, 11:00 PM
We did not stink. Our conference has alot of young players. We're just in a development stage. Thats all.
This was the weakest B12 I can remember.

arcman46
1/8/2007, 11:03 PM
I agree the Big 12 stank it up this year. We went what, 3-5 in the bowl games? Heck we couldn't even beat up on the lowly pac-10 teams.

sooneron
1/8/2007, 11:05 PM
This was the first year that I would not have put the best team in the big 12 up against the top 3 as a favorable matchup.

southern sooner
1/8/2007, 11:05 PM
at whatever they want to, Florida is gonna be the champs...

MamaMia
1/8/2007, 11:15 PM
The same players who you all think stunk, will be just fine. Lets be positive. :)

sooneron
1/8/2007, 11:17 PM
Mom, are you arguing with me? I was not referring to OU stinking.

MamaMia
1/8/2007, 11:23 PM
Mom, are you arguing with me? I was not referring to OU stinking.Heavens no, I'm not arguing. I know the Big XII teams didn't do all that well. I just think there is a difference between stinking and developing. I believe in the power of positive thinking. :D

I do have a question though, just out of curiosity. I know they didn't fair very well in the bowl games, but did the big XII teams lose alot of the non conference games too?

badger
1/8/2007, 11:23 PM
I'd like the game more (and I don't like it now, because of all the references) if it meant that we lost to the eventual nat'l champions.

They gave it to BYU in the 80s. Give it BS now.

mdklatt
1/8/2007, 11:40 PM
waddya U guys think?

Chris Petersen has already called Tuberville to ask where he got the 2004 rings made.

sooneron
1/8/2007, 11:40 PM
Heavens no, I'm not arguing. I know the Big XII teams didn't do all that well. I just think there is a difference between stinking and developing. I believe in the power of positive thinking. :D

I do have a question though, just out of curiosity. I know they didn't fair very well in the bowl games, but did the big XII teams lose alot of the non conference games too?
The B12 did not do too well, if memory serves.

MamaMia
1/8/2007, 11:45 PM
The B12 did not do too well, if memory serves. Thats not good. I hope they do better so that it will help our strength of schedule when we beat them. :)

mdklatt
1/8/2007, 11:47 PM
did the big XII teams lose alot of the non conference games too?

All the notable ones that I can think of. Texas lost to the Acorn Aggies, USC skunked Nebraska. Our...whatever that was in Eugue...wasn't notable because Oregon stunk this year. Texas Tech was shut down by New Mexico. Colorado almost beat Georgia, which was probably the crowning acheivement of the Big 12 this year. :O

TopDawg
1/8/2007, 11:51 PM

No, we didn't lose a lot. But we didn't have very many quality wins either. The only two BCS conference teams that were beaten by Big XII teams (before the bowls) were Ole Miss (by Missouri) and Washington (by us).

mdklatt
1/8/2007, 11:53 PM
The only two BCS conference teams that were beaten by Big XII teams (before the bowls) were Ole Miss (by Missouri) and Washington (by us).

Holy crap, that's even more pathetic than I thought.

TopDawg
1/8/2007, 11:54 PM
I think South Florida (v. Kansas) was the best Big XII win record-wise.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 12:00 AM
This may not be a popular post, but I think Boise has as much a claim on the title as Florida has. They couldn't help the wekness of their schedule, and all they did was win every game. This is the exact reason that a playoff system has to be established at the D1 level.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 12:02 AM
nevermind...I figured it out.

Carry on.