PDA

View Full Version : LSU's Fisher to FSU as offensive coordinator.

batonrougesooner
1/8/2007, 04:32 PM
Story at espn.com

Does anyone disagree with me that this is a step down? Not to mention Saban wanted him at Alabama.

swardboy
1/8/2007, 04:35 PM
Are you implying they're jumpin' ship at "less-U"?

Big Red Ron
1/8/2007, 04:36 PM
He's probably setting himself up to take over when Bobby steps down next year.

achiro
1/8/2007, 04:50 PM
Hmmm, work for Bowden....work for miles. You do the math.

Paperclip
1/8/2007, 05:18 PM
Wake Forest won the ACC this year. LSU didn't win the SEC West. Sounds like he took the path of least resistance.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2007, 05:24 PM
Wake Forest won the ACC this year. LSU didn't win the SEC West. Sounds like he took the path of least resistance.Not to mention the $ involved?

More_Cowbell
1/8/2007, 05:33 PM

I agree.

cjames317
1/8/2007, 05:40 PM
Wake Forest won the ACC this year. LSU didn't win the SEC West. Sounds like he took the path of least resistance.

Not to mention the ( @ ) ( @ ) involved.

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2007, 06:15 PM
LSU...welcome to Suckdom!

I think Fisher was the main reason they were so damned good these past two years. Yah, Pelini is a decent DC, but if you have a prolific offensive scheme, you can get away with an average defense and still kick ***!

Jello Biafra
1/8/2007, 06:21 PM
Story at espn.com

Does anyone disagree with me that this is a step down? Not to mention Saban wanted him at Alabama.

I do. he loses russel to the NFL. he's working for the molester. FSU is looking for the heir to the bowden throne. he's going to start a qb in lee that's better (athletically) than jamarcus. (SP)

the bama staff will be expected to produce from day and will get very little slack.....for obvious reasons. 4 million of them to be exact. whomever takes those coordinators jobs will be the sacrificial lambs if they DON't produce.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2007, 06:24 PM
not to mention the fact that rumor has it........applewhite is being courted by bama.......

THAT would be funny.

LSUdeek
1/8/2007, 09:46 PM
not to mention the fact that rumor has it........applewhite is being courted by bama.......

THAT would be funny.
applewhite is from baton rouge. he is a bama boy through and through and was named after major ogilvie -- which of course precluded him from attending LSU. he was not recruited by bama but of course was by texas.

During Major’s Texas tenure, his dad has kept his TIDE PRIDE seats and told me he plans to get back to Alabama games now. Major, who is another Jay Barker type kid, will finish his one course at Texas this spring, do an internship with FCA, and see what the NFL holds for him. He desires to be a college football coach and greatly desires to be a graduate assistant right here at Alabama. I have had many talks with his dad Larry over the past year and Coach Fran and Coach Charley North are most interested in having Major when he has a clearer picture of his future months ahead.
Last week, I had the opportunity to visit with Larry and his wife in tracking down Major. Talking to Major’s mother is like talking to Jay Barker’s mother, highly spiritual and always wants her son to be in God’s will, plus admires his patience to wait for God to lift him up. Major is just like our players of course. I helped hook him up with Jay Barker who interviewed Major that day on his Birmingham sports talk show. Jay got Major Ogilvie on at the same time and Jay says it was his best interview yet. In fact, they got so many calls, they replayed it the next day. What a joy it would be to have Major here. We could use his influence among our players and program. Besides, his favorite restaurant is Dreamland. If it’s meant to be, God will get him here.

http://bama.ua.edu/~bamafca/hist4.shtml

i'd say it is as done of a deal as there could be.

batonrougesooner
1/9/2007, 07:58 AM
I do. he loses russel to the NFL. he's working for the molester. FSU is looking for the heir to the bowden throne. he's going to start a qb in lee that's better (athletically) than jamarcus. (SP)

the bama staff will be expected to produce from day and will get very little slack.....for obvious reasons. 4 million of them to be exact. whomever takes those coordinators jobs will be the sacrificial lambs if they DON't produce.

I had the thought as well that he may be trying to position himself as the next HC at FSU. The thing is it's a hell of a gamble. The big thing he needs to be careful of is tainting himself if the Seminoles continue their death spiral while he is at the helm of the offense.

If they continue their mediocre performance he may be lumped in with the rest of the staff as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. It may make it hard to promote from within if this happens.

RedstickSooner
1/9/2007, 10:42 AM
Couple things -- first Fisher is a great offensive co-ordinator, which is why, with Free Shoe U's players, one would expect he'd probably be fairly successful.

Second, WTF you smoking, James? If it was about ( @ ) ( @ ), he obviously wouldn't be leaving LSU for the leathery silicone of the sunshine state.

Only way this makes sense is if he's itching for the head coaching gig -- Jimbo has been rather loyal to LSU, and stuck through multiple head coaches. 'Course, working for Coach Crazy is prolly enough to make any man switch employers.

TUSooner
1/9/2007, 10:45 AM

Bingo.
The end.
This thread should now be locked.

trwxxa
1/11/2007, 11:23 PM

THAT would be funny.

...and LSU. This is lifted from Houston KRIV TV website

"Meanwhile, Rice offensive coordinator Major Applewhite has job options of his own. College football sources tell FOX that Applewhite has been offered jobs at Alabama and LSU and FOX-7 in Austin is reporting both schools are willing to pay the buyout in Applewhite's contract with Rice."

KingDavid
1/11/2007, 11:32 PM
Story at espn.com

You cannot step "down" when your decision it to distance yourself from Les Miles. It's simply impossible. Even if he'd left to become the team manager at Temple, he would have been making a huge leap forward in career satisfaction and life enjoyment.

LSUdeek
1/12/2007, 12:06 AM
...and LSU. This is lifted from Houston KRIV TV website

"Meanwhile, Rice offensive coordinator Major Applewhite has job options of his own. College football sources tell FOX that Applewhite has been offered jobs at Alabama and LSU and FOX-7 in Austin is reporting both schools are willing to pay the buyout in Applewhite's contract with Rice."
now they are reporting rice is offering applewhite the HC job...

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=2033844&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1