PDA

View Full Version : I Bought Makeup Yesterday

Oldnslo
1/8/2007, 03:03 PM
for me.

Translucent powder. To help manage sweat under the hot lights of television.

See, Attorney Adam is branching out. I'm not just going to be on MIX 96 for What's Your Problem Wednesday 7-8 a.m. every Wednesday with Dave and Nina, but I'm also going to be on the 5 and 6:00 p.m. news on 2 Works for You.

So, please further my eventual takeover of all things media, and tune in to Channel 2 news Tuesday the 9th.

The current plan is for me to be on the evening news programs on the second Tuesday of every month.

Yeah, I'm sort of excited about it.

8timechamps
1/8/2007, 03:05 PM
To help manage sweat under the hot lights of television.

riiiiiiiiiiight.

IB4OU2
1/8/2007, 03:05 PM
for me.

Translucent powder. To help manage sweat under the hot lights of television.

See, Attorney Adam is branching out. I'm not just going to be on MIX 96 for What's Your Problem Wednesday 7-8 a.m. every Wednesday with Dave and Nina, but I'm also going to be on the 5 and 6:00 p.m. news on 2 Works for You.

So, please further my eventual takeover of all things media, and tune in to Channel 2 news Tuesday the 9th.

The current plan is for me to be on the evening news programs on the second Tuesday of every month.

Yeah, I'm sort of excited about it.

about wearing make up or being on TV? :confused:

sooner_born_1960
1/8/2007, 03:09 PM
I was on tv once. I didn't wear makeup, but that ok. My name tag probably wouldn't stick to my nose if I had powder all over it.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/8/2007, 03:14 PM
I agree with Dean's take on this issue.

:norm:

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2007, 03:15 PM
I agree with Dean's take on this issue.

:norm:
Make up is for livestock?

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 03:16 PM
Great. A thread that's going to compete with SAS's thread for gay-humor posts. That thread will never get over 4 pages now. :mad:

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2007, 03:17 PM
Great. A thread that's going to compete with SAS's thread for gay-humor posts. That thread will never get over 4 pages now. :mad:
As long as you are logged in the potential for thread gayness is unlimited.;)

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 03:20 PM
See? That's what I'm talking about! Kindly confine these types of posts to YOUR POS thread! TIA.

Mjcpr
1/8/2007, 03:22 PM
So do they pay you?

Also, Dan Threlkeld looks like he'd be a nice guy so report back on him too if you could please.

Thanks.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 03:22 PM
Grrr....

bri
1/8/2007, 03:26 PM
They make you buy your own stage makeup?

Mmmmmmmmm, local news. :D

TheLurker
1/8/2007, 03:37 PM
I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/a/images/anchorman-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy-2.jpg

oumartin
1/8/2007, 03:41 PM
somebody record oldnslo on tv and put it on youtube or something. I mean i have seen him face to face but many of you have not..
Just remember not to view right after eating!

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 03:43 PM
What about viewing WHILE eating?

oumartin
1/8/2007, 03:45 PM
only if you are on a diet

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 03:54 PM
I have been on television. Many times. Once, and only once did the chick come up to me with some kind of powder to "knock down the glare off your head." I said "you touch me with that **** and I ain't going on." She said "but there's some glare on your head" I said "good, leave it the hell alone. If God didn't want glare off my head he wouldn't have put it there in the first place. Turn down the lights if you have to."

Which is pretty much my take on makeup. If you were supposed to be born with no eyebrows and then paint them on later he would have made you that way. Ruby red is not a natural lip color. Nobody's eyelashes are 4 inches long. If your face looks like a geisha's, and your neck looks like the old lady's tits on Something About Mary then you're all jacked up.

Of course makeup for chicks is always ok....

bri
1/8/2007, 04:04 PM
Dude, being chased on Cops doesn't count.

GottaHavePride
1/8/2007, 04:07 PM
Man, I love stealin'! Oops.

BoogercountySooner
1/8/2007, 04:43 PM
You are welcome! Bondo Mans best friend!:D

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_10780G_TH_1.gif

sooneron
1/8/2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/img/1205/nancy-grace.jpg
heh

Oldnslo
1/8/2007, 04:55 PM
I've just met Dan. Seems nice enough. Russ McCaskey, too.

Right now, we think that Russ and I will chat a bit about <insert legal topic> and then turn it over to a phone bank. Unless he has to go to McAlister tomorrow.

Dean plays Nixon to my JFK. Image, baby, image!

DustySooner
1/8/2007, 05:04 PM
I have been on television. Many times. Once, and only once did the chick come up to me with some kind of powder to "knock down the glare off your head." I said "you touch me with that **** and I ain't going on." She said "but there's some glare on your head" I said "good, leave it the hell alone. If God didn't want glare off my head he wouldn't have put it there in the first place. Turn down the lights if you have to."

Which is pretty much my take on makeup. If you were supposed to be born with no eyebrows and then paint them on later he would have made you that way. Ruby red is not a natural lip color. Nobody's eyelashes are 4 inches long. If your face looks like a geisha's, and your neck looks like the old lady's tits on Something About Mary then you're all jacked up.

Of course makeup for chicks is always ok....

Heh..I'm pretty sure you just described a hooker. :D

I do agree with you on this, though.

crawfish
1/8/2007, 05:06 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/crawfamily/images/freud.jpg

Oldnslo
1/9/2007, 10:15 AM
Here's something.

I got poked in the eye last night. Scratched cornea. So I'll be a one-eyed lawyer tonight.

Wonderful.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 10:17 AM
Dude, being chased on Cops doesn't count.

Of course you got to it first....you're bri.

Fugue
1/9/2007, 10:19 AM
If you don't work in the "A bit crude" line on tv, you aren't worthy of your makeup. :texan:

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/9/2007, 10:19 AM
Here's something.

I got poked in the eye last night. Scratched cornea. So I'll be a one-eyed lawyer tonight.

Wonderful.

ARRRRG! EYE PATCH!!!

Good luck, dude. Sounds like an exciting thing for you!

bri
1/9/2007, 11:12 AM
Here's something.

Wonderful.

Dude, you really don't want to talk about getting poked in the eye in the same thread where you admitted to buying makeup. :D

Oldnslo
1/9/2007, 04:59 PM
If you don't work in the "A bit crude" line on tv, you aren't worthy of your makeup. :texan:
Another curve: Russ McCaskey, who was going to be my man on point, is going to McAlister for the execution. I'm not 100% sure who is going to be introducing the segment and talking with me.

My eyeball is as red as Satan's bunghole.

bri
1/9/2007, 05:04 PM
If it's one of the party girl news hotties, talk me up, dude. :D

Oldnslo
1/9/2007, 05:17 PM
If it's one of the party girl news hotties, talk me up, dude. :D
If I can.

"Hey, I know this guy. Well, we've never actually met, but he's funny. No, not like that. Like a clown."

Yeah, I'm in your corner. :P

Hey, can someone record this train wreck for me? It's got to be good for some laughs...

someday.

bri
1/9/2007, 05:27 PM
"Hey, I know this guy. Well, we've never actually met, but he's funny. No, not like that. Like a clown."

Dude, just go with "I know a guy on the internet". Half all those reporter girls are drunk on MySpace, they're hip like that. ;)

Czar Soonerov
1/9/2007, 06:06 PM
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/48/oldnhawtmi9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mjcpr
1/9/2007, 06:38 PM
Czar, is that Tammy Marler?

Czar Soonerov
1/9/2007, 06:44 PM
I'm a sucker for pigtails.

soonerloyal
1/9/2007, 06:57 PM
Man, I love stealin'! Oops.

Oh, my Gawd, wasn't that the BEST Earl ever?

Where was I going with this...? Oh yeah.

My hubby wears pancake and powder for his stage shows. Even small stage lights, like on their cruise ship, washes ya out badly. But that's okay, he's an "artist". :D

He tells me "football is barbaric". He's lucky I don't hit him with a rolled-up newspaper on a regular basis. I'm definitely more "guy" about sports than he is.

Y'all ever remember seeing an act called Darn, Good and Funny there in OK? Kev was "Good". LOL We sure miss him doing things like the Medieval Fair, the Arts Festival, Mayfair, etc.

bri
1/9/2007, 06:59 PM

Oh, SNAP!

And also, true. Yeesh.

Czar Soonerov
1/9/2007, 07:17 PM

Oh, SNAP!

And also, true. Yeesh.

Must be a local Tulsa celebrity.

bri
1/9/2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.kotv.com/about/images/tmarler.jpg

She's a reporter for the local CBS affiliate. This pic doesn't do her justice. Her makeup usually makes her look like a clown whore.

A trashy clown whore, not one of those high-class clown whores.

Czar Soonerov
1/9/2007, 07:28 PM
A trashy clown whore, not one of those high-class clown whores.

I know what VK's going as next Halloween. :D

:hot:

bri
1/9/2007, 07:48 PM
Must.....resist....."day that ends in '-y'" joke......;)

BigRedJed
1/9/2007, 08:34 PM
ZANG!!!

Czar Soonerov
1/9/2007, 09:08 PM
She must already be shopping for a costume...
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8870/sephoraclownwhorefx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Viking Kitten
1/9/2007, 09:10 PM
**** off dip****(s).

Oldnslo
1/9/2007, 09:47 PM
Hey, let's get back to talking about MEEEEE!

This is the part where everybody says that nobody caught it.

FWIW, the news director was pretty happy about the way it went. I stumbled over the interview a little bit, but he said it just made it sound natural and unrehearsed. We're definately a go for February. I get to be "edgier" with more content next time. Woohoo!

Plus, the cameraman used a far enough away angle that my Sataneye wasn't noticeable. Nice guy.

Man, I'm glad the first one is done and went well. Huge relief.

Great fark, Czar. You bastard.

Oldnslo
1/9/2007, 10:05 PM
Dear Czar,
This is Mrs. Oldnslo. Hubby-unit just showed me your artwork. I LOVE IT!!!! However, next time, go a little lighter on the rouge! :)

TUSooner
1/9/2007, 10:17 PM
Hey, let's get back to talking about MEEEEE!

This is the part where everybody says that nobody caught it.

FWIW, the news director was pretty happy about the way it went. I stumbled over the interview a little bit, but he said it just made it sound natural and unrehearsed. We're definately a go for February. I get to be "edgier" with more content next time. Woohoo!

Plus, the cameraman used a far enough away angle that my Sataneye wasn't noticeable. Nice guy.

Man, I'm glad the first one is done and went well. Huge relief.

Great fark, Czar. You bastard.
All this TV & radio stuff confirms my observation that almost all the laywers I know really wish they could do something else for a living.
Let me know when you go national, Oldie, and I'll get you on the TiVo!

Okla-homey
1/9/2007, 10:26 PM
Depending on how good the call screener is at the station, I would be happy to tee this one up for you...

"Yea, umm <belch> I was wonderin', if I'm behind in my child support payments, can they suspend my fishing license? The boys down at the CO-OP tole me that they can do that kind a thing. Also, my ex-wife just spends the money on herself. I know fer a fact that she spends 40 dollars ever two weeks on her fake fingernails. The kids tell me she got a new cellphone right after I wrote the last check. Can I do anything to make sure that money gets spent on mah kids?"

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 08:56 AM
I missed it, but I stand by my previous statements that Oldnslo looks exactly like Mike Steely.

Oldnslo
1/10/2007, 10:39 AM
All this TV & radio stuff confirms my observation that almost all the laywers I know really wish they could do something else for a living.

Troof.

Trust me, if this train makes it out of the station, I won't be keeping it a secret.

bri
1/10/2007, 04:23 PM
Heh.

Media whore. :D

Viking Kitten
1/10/2007, 04:51 PM
Troof.

No, no silly. That's Traber, not Steely. And I concur with Pat's point about your resemblance to him. 'Cept for the whole cyclops business.

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 06:19 PM
No, no silly. That's Traber, not Steely. And I concur with Pat's point about your resemblance to him. 'Cept for the whole cyclops business.

Finally. I've said that before and nobody agreed so I figured I must be the only one. :D