PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce Taylor to the NFL

kelloggOUballa
1/8/2007, 02:08 PM
wonder how that will work out?

From Chip Brown and the Dallas Morning News

Texas junior defensive tackle Frank Okam of Lake Highlands said in a statement that he will return for his senior season.

Two sources close to former Texas running back Ramonce Taylor said Taylor would enter the 2007 NFL draft. Taylor, who has two years of college eligibility remaining, was suspended from after scoring 15 touchdowns during UT's national title season in 2005.

Okam had 37 tackles, two sacks, six tackles for losses and nine pressures this season on a defense that ranked third nationally against the run (61.2 ypg).

Taylor was sentenced to 60 days in jail after pleading guilty to a marijuana possession charge stemming from a May arrest. He is required to serve the time by the end of March, a month before the NFL draft.

Taylor transferred to Texas College, an NAIA school, in Tyler where he sat out this season because he was academically ineligible.

Chip Brown

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/010707dnspoutokam.30dd36b.html

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2007, 02:26 PM
Just what the nfl needs, another texass druggie.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2007, 02:27 PM
Okam is the one shoulda gone pro.

westcoast_sooner
1/8/2007, 02:31 PM
Taylor transferred to Texas College, an NAIA school, in Tyler where he sat out this season because he was academically ineligible.

OK - so he was academically eligible in Austin, but ineligible at Texas College? I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

BIG_IKE
1/8/2007, 02:43 PM
NCAA= Texas
NAIA= Texas College

Different Rules..
His grades were decent enough to transfer, but probably not enough to play ball.

TexasLidig8r
1/8/2007, 03:25 PM
Two words spring to mind...

free

agent.

Character issues.... not being the sharpest knife in the drawer and hasn't played in over a year.

I take that back...

He's a perfect Oakland Raider.

Collier11
1/8/2007, 03:38 PM
I take that back...

He's a perfect Oakland Raider.

As a Chiefs fan I say to that...:D :D :D

westcoast_sooner
1/8/2007, 03:47 PM
I guess I should have put a smiley :) on my previous post, as I found it kinda funny that Texas College and the NAIA would have stricter eligibility requirements than UT.

boomersooner82
1/8/2007, 03:50 PM
What pick does Cincy have?

BIG_IKE
1/8/2007, 04:40 PM
I guess I should have put a smiley :) on my previous post, as I found it kinda funny that Texas College and the NAIA would have stricter eligibility requirements than UT.

Im not sure....I know it's a private school. My wife's parents live right behind it.