PDA

View Full Version : back from Spain/Italy-do I dare watch the Fiesta Bowl?

bstuff1979
1/8/2007, 01:42 PM
After surviving every travel snare one could think of, including a terrorist bombing and the (currently, but not set in stone just yet) loss of all my luggage, I now have the Fiesta Bowl waiting for me on my iTunes. I know the score, but here's my question: I'm sure the game is entertaining beyond any other game since maybe '94 OU @ 'Cuse or '96 OU tx, but is it well played? Entertaining is great, but if it's sloppy (ie, missed blocking assignments, wrong routes, broken coverage, and so on) and that sloppyness made the game what it was...my head will exlpode. Of course, it will probably do the same just based on the fact that OU does not win and somehow or another a freaking statue of liberty is involved. Sorry if this question has been asked, but I've been more or less living under a rock for the past month in terms of news/sports info. texas sucks

Aries
1/8/2007, 01:43 PM
Just watch the fourth quarter.

SleestakSooner
1/8/2007, 01:46 PM
lol yeah whatever you do don't watch the first quarter... OU looked like the walking dead. Blocking was awful all game long IMO but we were finally wearing them down in the fourth and in OT.

westcoast_sooner
1/8/2007, 01:49 PM
To get the full effect, watch the whole game.

King Crimson
1/8/2007, 01:49 PM
I watched most of the replay last night on FOX Rocky Mountain. can't say i enjoyed it.....but i just had to for some reason.

now it's over, and i'm ready to move on. i just wish the "sports journalists" could figure out which version of "history" they are going to jam down our throats for all eternity......why did Boise use all those trick plays the announcers said all game long they weren't needing?

sooner518
1/8/2007, 01:53 PM
id say watch the 3rd and 4th quarters. the beginning of the 3rd quarter, you will get a sense of how terrible we played in the first half, but then it starts to turn around after that.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2007, 01:56 PM
The dude survived a terrorist attack.

He can handle the ENTIRE game. You can't appreciate the comeback if you don't see what dug the hole in the first place.

Do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing. We don't need gutless fans.

OK2LA
1/8/2007, 01:57 PM
I say watch it. There is a really good chance that we might pull out the win this time.

King Crimson
1/8/2007, 02:03 PM
I say watch it. There is a really good chance that we might pull out the win this time.

yeah, no way we fall for those fake tricks AGAIN. :O

PDXsooner
1/8/2007, 02:06 PM
watch it. yes i wanted OU to win but as a college football fan you will appreciate the drama...

CincySooner
1/8/2007, 02:10 PM
If you are a fan of college football as a whole, then you need to watch it... nevermind that OU lost.

Westcoastsooner is right on in that you need to see the whole game.

Also consider this... It's worth watching knowing that ADs final carry as a sooner and Thompson's final 2 passes (that werent negated by penalty) all went for a score of some kind.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2007, 02:11 PM
You will get PLENTY of chances to watch it, as it will be show ad nauseum on every media venue til the end of time.

Reno
1/8/2007, 02:48 PM
If nothing else, no matter whose side you are on, it's one of the greatest games of all time. Give credit where its due. Worth watching.

olevetonahill
1/8/2007, 02:57 PM
Just watch the damn thing already !

1/8/2007, 03:29 PM
If you like the "Game of the Century", you will like this one. Same results, same quality officials.

bstuff1979
1/8/2007, 04:17 PM
thanks for the feedback, I'm going to end up watching the game in its full glory (or lack there of, given the outcome) tomorrow. that's seriously the first chance i'll get to have a good 4 hour block of free time since getting back late saturday night/sunday morning.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2007, 04:19 PM
thanks for the feedback, I'm going to end up watching the game in its full glory (or lack there of, given the outcome) tomorrow. that's seriously the first chance i'll get to have a good 4 hour block of free time since getting back late saturday night/sunday morning.
by "whole thing" I didn't mean the commercials and commentary.

You can watch all of the plays in around an hour off a DVR.

picasso
1/8/2007, 04:31 PM
be sure and watch the halftime show. Tito Puente can still tear up a bongo drum!

TexasLidig8r
1/8/2007, 04:36 PM
WATCH THE BCS BEING CHANGED AS A RESULT OF THE GAME.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2007, 05:17 PM
All of my local friends are jealous that I was in attendance at the Greatest Game Ever Played.

1/8/2007, 05:21 PM
WATCH THE BCS BEING CHANGED AS A RESULT OF THE GAME. What is it you think will happen?

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2007, 05:22 PM
What is it you think will happen?

Apparently, all BCS teams will be forced to wear orange and blue.

TexasLidig8r
1/8/2007, 05:25 PM
All of my local friends are jealous that I was in attendance at the Greatest Game Ever Played.

You were also at the 2006 Rose Bowl? :eek:

1/8/2007, 05:26 PM
Apparently, all BCS teams will be forced to wear orange and blue. 'cept for the Sooners will have to wear pink, with "kick me" printed on each jersey.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2007, 05:29 PM
You were also at the 2006 Rose Bowl? :eek:

Not last year's Greatest Game Ever Played, this year's. I know you're a :texan: , but try and keep up. ;)

bstuff1979
1/8/2007, 07:35 PM
by "whole thing" I didn't mean the commercials and commentary.

You can watch all of the plays in around an hour off a DVR.

I've got the iTunes/Fox copy on my iBook, I think it's around an hour and a half or so. The extra 3 1/2 hour time block is being used as a buffer between myself and reality so I can digest this statue of liberty nonsense I keep hearing about. The real question is whether I vomit or break something. I don't think it could possibly be that bad, Tim Lasher missing against texas was the last time I really went off the deep end (I was young enough to get away with it), but you never know. That extra time could come in handy.

sanantoniosooner
1/8/2007, 07:47 PM
I have to break out the highlights for a buddy that's coming over for the OSU/UF game. He missed the game and wants to see the big plays.

Harry Beanbag
1/8/2007, 11:00 PM
I've got the iTunes/Fox copy on my iBook, I think it's around an hour and a half or so. The extra 3 1/2 hour time block is being used as a buffer between myself and reality so I can digest this statue of liberty nonsense I keep hearing about. The real question is whether I vomit or break something. I don't think it could possibly be that bad, Tim Lasher missing against texas was the last time I really went off the deep end (I was young enough to get away with it), but you never know. That extra time could come in handy.

That was R.D. Lashar. Tim was money.

bstuff1979
1/9/2007, 12:16 AM
That was R.D. Lashar. Tim was money.

That's right. The Lasher brothers tend to be interchangable inside my head, and even cooler yet is that "we"/OU had twin sister batton twirlers (during the later Lasher?) around the same time. Either way, during the game where RD missed the last second kick (and I don't blame him, he was a great player) was when all hell broke out in my family. My litter brother started crying, I let the waterworks start just long enough and then abruptly stopped it when I thought of how aggie it was, then to mask it I laughed a little at my younger brother. He then threw a crackling blast of a right jab to my stomach. Little man had an inferno of a temper fueled mightily by the ADHD. By the time the punch was thrown, we were in the Cotton Bowl elevator (my grandmother was handicapped) and I really feel for the rest of the folks in there. Point being, I really hope that this game doesn't produce such an outcome if I happen to watch it with siblings. Pretty sure I'm safe though.