PDA

View Full Version : Once again..another NFL rumor

BASSooner
1/7/2007, 10:00 PM
Rumor is flying around that Stoops is a lock at dallas if parcells steps down

Also: According to The Crimson Corner by Soonerscoop.com, Stoops met with Jerry Jones. I have no idea when and don't know anymore details. Does anybody else?

LittleWingSooner
1/7/2007, 10:07 PM
I doubt he goes to Dallas. Steelers would be a better fit for him.

yermom
1/7/2007, 10:07 PM
maybe JJ wanted some pointers on keeping a team well above .500 consistently

Geekboy
1/7/2007, 10:12 PM
I have now decided to believe every rumor I hear and accept it as absolute fact no matter what.

tbl
1/7/2007, 10:13 PM
I've long said the move to the Cowboys would be the only acceptable move for him to make. I think they'd be prime for him right now, though Jerry would have to give TO his walking papers.

AzianSooner
1/7/2007, 10:24 PM
Stoop to NFL is like Brent Venable to BAMA head coaching job.

LittleWingSooner
1/7/2007, 10:28 PM
Stoops wouldn't be able to make decisions like he would for other NFL jobs. He would quit after 2 seasons in Dallas.

Boffingham
1/7/2007, 11:43 PM
I would love to see Stoops coaching the Cowboys...not anytime soon though

Big Tuna is here to stay

badger
1/8/2007, 12:01 AM
Bob Stoops needs to think of his family and take the NFL money and not risk his reputation or injury in the college game any longer. We, as Sooners, should all want him to jump to NFL and forego his senior season...

;)

yermom
1/8/2007, 12:08 AM
just look at JoePa. you never know what's going to happen on the sidelines

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2007, 12:53 AM
I don't think Joe Pa even knows he is on the sidelines any more.

SoonerTerry
1/8/2007, 06:06 AM
Joe Pa is one tough son of a *****....

He reminds me of my grandpa..

Sooner-N-KS
1/8/2007, 06:29 AM
Stoops has never shown an interest in the NFL that I'm aware of. Plus he has two examples to look at, Spurrier and Saban.

RacerX
1/8/2007, 07:36 AM
3, add Butch Davis

RacerX
1/8/2007, 07:37 AM
I would love to see Stoops coaching the Cowboys...not anytime soon though

Big Tuna is here to stay
He's bound to win a playoff game one of these years.

Sooner Among The Pack
1/8/2007, 08:16 AM
4, add Pete Carroll.

BIG_IKE
1/8/2007, 08:22 AM
some others I recall doing both are John Robinson, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer..but they did pretty good last I checked.

TripleOption14
1/8/2007, 08:38 AM
I don't think he goes for a different reason. It almost seems like Stoops' name is not as hot as it used to be. I don't know why but it just seems that way. Plus there are many other NFL coaches that are looking for jobs and i think they would get a harder look before Stoops would. Cowher, Mora, and Saunders etc etc seem like bigger names.

OklahomaTuba
1/8/2007, 09:10 AM
Well, if he did talk to JJ, he gets to talk to Steve Spurrier about it, since they are both at their beach houses playing golf in Florida about now.

I would say thats a good thing!

Luthor
1/8/2007, 10:36 AM
Come to think of it, Stoops to Dallas might be the only NFL job he could survive in. Stoops would flourish if all he had to do was coach and have input on draft day. Since Jerry insists on doing everything else it might actually work. No player contract disputes, no political crappola. I think that was pretty much the arrangement Switzer had also.

Paperclip
1/8/2007, 10:39 AM
Bob can't stand dealing with the media now. I can't imagine him dealing with the media strains that come with an NFL gig.

FaninAma
1/8/2007, 11:27 AM
Stoops is a great coach and could be successful in the NFL in the right postion but I don't see him being able to work with Jerry Jones.

Dallas will never be very successful on the field until JJ gets out the habit of trying to make a lot of the personnel decisions for the team. If he had butted out and let Jimmy Johnson run the team, like Cohwer was allowed to at Pittsburg, Dallas would have done a lot better over the last 10 years.