PDA

View Full Version : Petrino to the Falcons!!!

Collier11
1/7/2007, 09:10 PM
Via Espn in game break...no link yet! So much for that 10 year extension that he just signed. There is NO loyalty in sports anymore

lauderdalesooner
1/7/2007, 09:13 PM
Here's a link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

So much for owners not hiring anymore college coaches for a while.

Unfortunately it sounds like Tulsa may be searching for a new coach real soon.

Collier11
1/7/2007, 09:16 PM
That would be good if SK got the job, I hope he does!!! He has done a great job at Tulsa

AllAboutThe'O'
1/7/2007, 09:19 PM
I give Petrino three years tops then he'll come slinking back to the college ranks with his tail between his legs. Or something to that effect.

Newbomb Turk
1/7/2007, 09:23 PM
I give Petrino three years tops then he'll come slinking back to the college ranks with his tail between his legs. Or something to that effect.

seems to be the trend.

sooner518
1/7/2007, 09:24 PM
Does this mean that we see Brian Brohm go to the NFL?? If I were a betting man (and if I had any idea how the V-bets work) I'd say he's gone

PrideTrombone
1/7/2007, 09:27 PM
They should hire Petersen from Boise State, because I want to see the entire state of Idaho deflate. :D

Better yet, we should hire him to be our OC. Not that I think Wilson's bad, I'd just love to see the reaction if we outbid Boise State for their head coach to be our OC. Flex a little "BCS-conference" muscle. :)

KaiserSooner
1/7/2007, 09:31 PM
I know Louisville has improved recently, but I'd hope Kragthorpe would hold out for a better job than Louisville. Does he have connections there or something?

Geekboy
1/7/2007, 09:32 PM
After two years he'll swear he's not going anywhere then accept a 4 million a year job at Kentucky. :)

PrideTrombone
1/7/2007, 09:35 PM
After two years he'll swear he's not going anywhere then accept a 4 million a year job at Kentucky. :)

To replace Tubby Smith? No way Kentucky spends that kind of money on football. :)

Geekboy
1/7/2007, 09:40 PM
To replace Tubby Smith? No way Kentucky spends that kind of money on football.
I put a smilie on the end of that post.

PrideTrombone
1/7/2007, 09:42 PM
I put a smilie on the end of that post.

Oops. Forgot mine. :texan:

Geekboy
1/7/2007, 09:47 PM
Oops. Forgot mine. :texan:
Well at least let's hope Petrino lies about something and displays anger while he lies. It makes for good reading!

OUstud
1/7/2007, 09:57 PM
Dumb move. He'll fail miserably.

Here's the most telling part though:

Before the season, Petrino signed a 10-year, $25 million contract with Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich. Petrino had previously interviewed with Auburn, LSU, Notre Dame and the Oakland Raiders for other jobs, but announced in August that he would be at Louisville for the long haul.

"I can't tell you how happy I am with the commitment and the confidence that Tom Jurich has in me and the university has in me," Petrino said after signing the contract. "I also wanted to make sure that everyone understood, I know I've said it, that this is where my family wants to be. This is where I want to be. I want everyone to really believe it."

May be worse than Saban...

OUinFLA
1/7/2007, 10:19 PM
coach speak = the art of lying while improving your ability to make more $

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 10:20 PM
Dumb move. He'll fail miserably.

Here's the most telling part though:

May be worse than Saban...
At least he said that quite some time ago. Things can change over time. The only thing that had time to change with Saban was his dirty drawers.

SpiderInMyPeanuts
1/7/2007, 10:21 PM
So does this mean Matt Simms will now be looking to go elsewhere---didnt his brother flake on Tennessee?

TUSooner
1/7/2007, 10:35 PM
Every college football player should understand this:

The coach may leave or get fired at any minute, no matter what the coach or the AD might have said the previous minute.

85sooners
1/7/2007, 10:39 PM
:rolleyes:

soonerhubs
1/7/2007, 11:29 PM
They should hire Petersen from Boise State, because I want to see the entire state of Idaho deflate. :D

Better yet, we should hire him to be our OC. Not that I think Wilson's bad, I'd just love to see the reaction if we outbid Boise State for their head coach to be our OC. Flex a little "BCS-conference" muscle. :)
It's funny how many BSU fans have now "migrated" to the Utah ranks. I calmly ask them to name the quarter back and one other player on the team. While they're atta a loss for words I walk away saying. "Wow! You truly bleed Bronco Blue huh?"

southern sooner
1/8/2007, 10:26 AM
hope he quits after a year or 2 just to keep these college coaches where they are, the nfl is a bunch of crap where the inmates run the show...