PDA

View Full Version : KILL BILL ????

OUHOMER
1/7/2007, 07:12 PM
Ok, i watch it for the first time last night. I dont get it. Why were they all trying to kill the main girl

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 07:13 PM
Ok, i watch it for the first time last night. I dont get it. Why were they all trying to kill the main girl
did you watch part 1 and 2?

BTW.....flood control sucks.

OUHOMER
1/7/2007, 07:15 PM
i fell a sleep toward the end of pt 2

birddog
1/7/2007, 07:17 PM
i think they're on again tonight.

BoogercountySooner
1/7/2007, 07:17 PM
Bill no want her to get married to record salesman

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 07:18 PM
i fell a sleep toward the end of pt 2
Well, you need to see the whole thing to understand it all.

I DVR'd it. I've seen it before, but it's been a while.

OUHOMER
1/7/2007, 07:24 PM
Bill no want her to get married to record salesman

I was wondering about that. I thought maybe it was some thing else.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 07:25 PM
I was wondering about that. I thought maybe it was some thing else.
She was preggers and took off with his child.

Marrying the non-father was icing on the cake.

OUHOMER
1/7/2007, 07:31 PM
i fell a sleep when she caught up with Bill and the kid. but i could not keep my eyes open.

Viking Kitten
1/7/2007, 07:42 PM
One thing you have to keep in mind about all Quentin Tarantino movies is that they're not just about the story, what's more important is the way they are told. In other words, don't focus on the destination, just enjoy the ride, i.e. the awesome fight scenes, the way he mixes up all the different genres like anime and 70s Chinese martial arts movies, Uma Thurman driving around in the p***y wagon, great acting, great cinematography, great music, etc.

OUAndy1807
1/7/2007, 08:20 PM
I didn't like the kill bill movies.

KaiserSooner
1/7/2007, 09:42 PM
One thing you have to keep in mind about all Quentin Tarantino movies is that they're not just about the story, what's more important is the way they are told. In other words, don't focus on the destination, just enjoy the ride, i.e. the awesome fight scenes, the way he mixes up all the different genres like anime and 70s Chinese martial arts movies, Uma Thurman driving around in the p***y wagon, great acting, great cinematography, great music, etc.

Exactamundo. If you go into one of his movies expecting a straightforward tale, your totally missing the point. His stuff is always told in non-linear form anyway, and with Kill Bill in two parts, it really doesn't matter what order you see them in.

Like the Vickster said, don't worry about the story line...just enjoy the ride and the campy, melodramatic one liners. Enjoy the fact that Tarantino's movies don't take themselves seriously...they're over-the-top parodies of martial arts movies, Spaghetti Westerns, anime,etc. They're ****ty B movies done well, and that's why they're so f$%#ing brilliant.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 10:16 PM
Exactamundo. and with Kill Bill in two parts, it really doesn't matter what order you see them in.
I would disagree with that.

Information is given out at specific times and the tale would be screwed if you watched the second one first IMO.

tbl
1/7/2007, 10:18 PM
That pretty much nails it. Maybe that's why I've enjoyed all of his movies.

tbl
1/7/2007, 10:20 PM
For example, I just saw the scene of her climbing out of the grave and going into the diner.

Uma sits politely, completely covered in dirt.
"May I have a glass of water, please?"

Geenyus.

Oldnslo
1/7/2007, 10:43 PM
Vickster?

KaiserSooner
1/7/2007, 11:55 PM
I would disagree with that.

Information is given out at specific times and the tale would be screwed if you watched the second one first IMO.

Right, but remember the two movies (when taken as a whole) are divided into 10 parts. These 10 chapters are not placed chronologically. Far from it...they're spread over the two films pretty much randomly. I use "randomly" cautiously becuase I'm sure Tarantino and whoever else edited it had a reason for placing the chapters in the order they're in. Anyway, I saw part 2 before I saw part 1...didn't miss a thing.

proud gonzo
1/8/2007, 12:30 AM
One thing you have to keep in mind about all Quentin Tarantino movies is that they're not just about the story, what's more important is the way they are told. In other words, don't focus on the destination, just enjoy the ride, i.e. the awesome fight scenes, the way he mixes up all the different genres like anime and 70s Chinese martial arts movies, Uma Thurman driving around in the p***y wagon, great acting, great cinematography, great music, etc....are you sure we aren't related? :D

GottaHavePride
1/8/2007, 01:27 AM
That pretty much nails it. Maybe that's why I've enjoyed all of his movies.

You should really check out some Robert Rodriguez films then. El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico...

Rogue
1/8/2007, 06:24 AM
His (QTs) movies always make the "discomfort meter" peg the redline. We watched Hostel last week. I describe it pretty much the way everyobody does...messed up.

tbl
1/8/2007, 09:04 AM
Right, but remember the two movies (when taken as a whole) are divided into 10 parts. These 10 chapters are not placed chronologically. Far from it...they're spread over the two films pretty much randomly. I use "randomly" cautiously becuase I'm sure Tarantino and whoever else edited it had a reason for placing the chapters in the order they're in. Anyway, I saw part 2 before I saw part 1...didn't miss a thing.
I totally disagree. The final scene where she sees BB for the first time wouldn't have close to the impact that it has if it was placed anywhere but the end of the story. You would completely miss the emotion of that moment if you mixed it up at all. While it is a little random, overall the story flows from start to finish.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 10:24 AM
I haven't seen KB, but I've seen a few other QT flicks.

My opinion? A completely twisted no-talent dillweed who makes movies that appeal to young, impressionable, hopelessly lost little children. Yes, I know, it's "entertainment" but to me, it's like looking at abstract art. WTF is it?

Besides all that, when I've seen him getting interviewed and see all the attention he gets for putting out steaming loaves of poop, it makes me just shake my head and think "just when I start to have faith in humankind again, along comes this buttplug."

Viking Kitten
1/8/2007, 10:32 AM
My opinion?

Dean's opinion and $4.50 will buy me a positively scrumptious mocha latte at Starbucks. :D

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 11:01 AM
Dean's opinion and $4.50 will buy me a positively scrumptious mocha latte at Starbucks. :D

The troof shall set you free...

Actually, it's just a part of getting old and crotchety. My tastes have narrowed down to only the better/finer things in life. All the other superfluous bull**** doesn't do it for me any more. QT's crapola would fit this category perfectly. I don't drink til I puke (at least not on purpose) anymore, and I don't like QT's crap.

MamaMia
1/8/2007, 11:08 AM
Right, but remember the two movies (when taken as a whole) are divided into 10 parts. These 10 chapters are not placed chronologically. Far from it...they're spread over the two films pretty much randomly. I use "randomly" cautiously becuase I'm sure Tarantino and whoever else edited it had a reason for placing the chapters in the order they're in. Anyway, I saw part 2 before I saw part 1...didn't miss a thing.Complicated movies give me a headache. :confused:

Viking Kitten
1/8/2007, 11:09 AM
I've got this lady at work, she also thinks QT is crap. So she'll proceed to tell me about whatever great movie she watched on the Lifetime Movie Network over the weekend.

Different strokes and whatnot, you know? I'd still have your back in a knife fight, Dean. :P

Fugue
1/8/2007, 11:11 AM
I've got this lady at work, she also thinks QT is crap. So she'll proceed to tell me about whatever great movie she watched on the Lifetime Movie Network over the weekend.

Different strokes and whatnot, you know? I'd still have your back in a knife fight, Dean. :P

In a Pulp Fiction sort of way? :texan:

OklaPony
1/8/2007, 11:21 AM
I'm not typically a big QT fan but the KB movies rock! I highly recommend you see them in order, there are some subtle (and not so subtle) clues and references that need to be seen in KB1 before you see KB2.

Viking Kitten
1/8/2007, 11:25 AM
In a Pulp Fiction sort of way? :texan:

You mean I'd ask Czar not to throw him off a building if he gave me a foot massage?

IB4OU2
1/8/2007, 11:29 AM
I like'em but I'm kinda of a wierd old fart. ;)

I'll never forget when she plucked that girls eyeball out.....:eek:

Fugue
1/8/2007, 11:30 AM
You mean I'd ask Czar not to throw him off a building if he gave me a foot massage?

"You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy?"

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 12:16 PM

Oh. So now I'm being compared to a Lifetime channel watcher?

I like me some "out there" stuff, but it needs to be quality "out there" stuff. And after thinking about it, it's really not QT's movies I disdain, it's more QT himself. Dude's a geek who needs his solar plexus rammed through his spine with a 6-inch spiked heel. Kinda like what happens during his flicks.

And I appreciate your back...

King Crimson
1/8/2007, 12:44 PM
Tarentino is painful to see interviewed. he's made some interesting films but he hardly invented cinema or non-linear narratives--those have been in film since the early 20th century.

problem is people grow up seeing Twins or Stop! or my Mom Will Shoot and something Tarentino comes along and even though he's a pretty derivative filmmaker (nothing wrong with that--these days)...he's hailed by everyone between the ages of 16-35 as the most innovative filmmaker ever. he makes "post-modern", kind of tongue in cheek pop culture/ultra-violent film noirs. they are pretty good....

not a lot more than that there.

Viking Kitten
1/8/2007, 12:51 PM
Actually, I grew up watching the Godfathers, Woody Allen movies and classics like Casablanca. Daddy was a film buff.

Did QT invent the genres he works in? No. Does he execute extremely well? You betcha.

I'll concede that he's a total geek and s***ty actor to boot.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 12:58 PM
Heh. Dean's a Lifetime Channel watcher...

yermom
1/8/2007, 01:10 PM
You should really check out some Robert Rodriguez films then. El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico...

i STILL haven't seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico :eek:

if you check out From Dusk 'til Dawn or Four Rooms you get both ;)

RR also did the Spy Kids movies...

picasso
1/8/2007, 04:21 PM
the final episode was tolerable.