PDA

View Full Version : Are you hard-

swardboy
1/7/2007, 08:11 AM
-pressed to get as worked up about the 9/8/07 Miami game since they are not near the team of the '80's, and have an unknown (to us) new coach?

:D

OUFAN29
1/7/2007, 09:16 AM
Hey, I already booked my hotel for that game. It should be one hell of a game.

jacru
1/7/2007, 09:47 AM
kick'em when they're up... kick'em when they're down.

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2007, 09:52 AM
kick'em when they're up... kick'em when they're down.and spit on them, urinate on them, deficate on them.

Oh yeah, vomit too.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/7/2007, 10:03 AM
-pressed to get as worked up about the 9/8/07 Miami game since they are not near the team of the '80's, and have an unknown (to us) new coach? :D

Definately not. One of the greatest sights is a sideline full of thugs with despair in their eyes late in the 4th quarter of a beating they are taking. Cant wait to see it.

OUFAN29
1/7/2007, 10:04 AM
and spit on them, urinate on them, deficate on them.

Oh yeah, vomit too.

Next time, dont hold back. Tell us how you really feel about the U:D

Spray
1/7/2007, 10:04 AM
Considering we will be breaking in a new QB and their defense has still been one of the best in the country the last several years (despite their record), I think it would be a mistake to think this will be a cakewalk.

mOUse
1/7/2007, 10:28 AM
to me this will be another Boise State situation. We wil be EXPECTED to win. Only this time we will be EXPECTED to win because of all the problems Miami had this year, and the new coach, as opposed to the unknown variables with Boise State. But in the end, it the athletes that play. Give them a little hope, and you never know what could happen.

Rocker
1/7/2007, 10:30 AM
I'm ready!

We owe them an @$$ kicking!

okienole3
1/7/2007, 10:34 AM
Am I what???????????????

PERV

Wishboned
1/7/2007, 10:37 AM
The last time Miami came to Oklahoma I do believe they were unranked and we were heavy favorites.

I definitely don't want a repeat of that.

soonergary23
1/7/2007, 10:39 AM
Yes I am glad they are dead and I hope they burn in hell!! Any beating we give thug u will not make up for the misery they caused us in the 80's. But a giant *** kicking will start the healing!

85sooners
1/7/2007, 10:56 AM
:D :D
Definately not. One of the greatest sights is a sideline full of thugs with despair in their eyes late in the 4th quarter of a beating they are taking. Cant wait to see it.:D

southern sooner
1/7/2007, 11:29 AM
they may be better than the 05 horn frogs so, no, I dont overlook anybody, they WILL have some talent. We should beat them by 17.

Scott D
1/7/2007, 11:55 AM
-pressed to get as worked up about the 9/8/07 Miami game since they are not near the team of the '80's, and have an unknown (to us) new coach?

:D

Ironically their coach played on those 80s teams against us.

RedstickSooner
1/7/2007, 12:05 PM
Uhm.

The way we play early season games lately, I can't help getting that, "Oh. Cripes." feeling when I contemplate this game.

We need more patsies on our schedule, and I don't think Thug U qualifies just yet.

budbarrybob
1/7/2007, 02:22 PM
T'would be hubris to overlook such an opponent. All they need is to cast themselves as the cinderella team vs the big, mighty, insensitive goliath which is to be played by OU and voila media darlings of the east they shall be!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2007, 02:54 PM
Uhm.

The way we play early season games lately, I can't help getting that, "Oh. Cripes." feeling when I contemplate this game.

We need more patsies on our schedule, and I don't think Thug U qualifies just yet.They are the "victims" here, and we, as usual, will be considered Goliath.
Miami has recruited very good talent the last few years. All they need is a good coach. Hope their new one isn't it.

RedstickSooner
1/7/2007, 02:54 PM
All they need is to cast themselves as the cinderella team vs the big, mighty, insensitive goliath which is to be played by OU and voila media darlings of the east they shall be!

I disagree, yo. All they need to do is cast themselves as a powerhouse (since they've got the talent on the roster to fill the role, I'm sure) and they could probably play the part.

Or has Miami stunk recruiting-wise since Coker got there? I don't follow recruiting close enough to know.

Bruiser53
1/7/2007, 04:20 PM
It seems like the talent level has fallen off over there. I remeber that their o-line only allowed like 4 sacks the whole year when they beat Nebbish for the national championship. But they still have a bunch of fast, big guys from Florida, which is still one of hte most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation. If that new coach can get them believing after that disaster last year, they could be dangerous. Remember, we will still be breaking in a newbie at quaterback.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2007, 05:15 PM
Their recruiting has fallen some, but THEY STILL HAVE LOTS OF TALENT, and they will be confident against us.

Paperclip
1/7/2007, 05:22 PM
I predict right now they'll return a good part of their ticket allotment.

Rhino
1/7/2007, 05:52 PM
You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium playing that stuff.

You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt kicked. Why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You come in here talking smack, it's time to get it on.

:pop:

Paperclip
1/7/2007, 05:59 PM
Maybe we can offer Ned a sideline pass.

Big Red Ron
1/7/2007, 06:30 PM
no

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 06:41 PM
Are you hard?
I'm used to hearing that with contempt from the spousal unit.

OUinFLA
1/7/2007, 06:51 PM
Ive thought about checking this thread out since early this morning, trying to decide how I will answer the question
So far throughout the day it has been
YES
not so much
no
no
no
no
YES, (watching Cindy Crawford in (Fair Game")
no
no
no

then I decided to actually check out the thread.
Needless to say, it is not what I was expecting.

Miami is always dangerous. Dont get overconfident.

AlabamaSooner
1/7/2007, 07:39 PM
There probably won't be as much hype as you would expect for an OU/Miami game, but I'll certainly be there. I think once we see Miami take the field, things will get fired up real quick.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/8/2007, 03:35 PM
There probably won't be as much hype as you would expect for an OU/Miami game....

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

No, I'm sorry, that's not the correct answer. But we have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage.

They are going to pump the ever livin' crap out of this matchup. It is a big time early season non-conf. And I'm not so sure Miami won't be ranked top 20. They return the bulk of a pretty nasty defense, and still have plenty of playmakers on offense. It may even get the "national" telecast designation. And I'll bet now Musberger gets the assignment, especially since he still references that '86 matchup (which he called) now and again. And with the king of hyperbole on board....

Big Red Ron
1/8/2007, 04:21 PM
It will easily be the biggest non conference match up of the season, to that point.

The Maestro
1/8/2007, 04:22 PM
The last time Miami came to Oklahoma I do believe they were unranked and we were heavy favorites.

I definitely don't want a repeat of that.

Well, I doubt they have the talent of Vinny, Michael Irvin, the Blades brothers, Alonzo Highsmith, Jerome Brown, Dan Stubbs and all the other studs on that team on next year's squad.

OSUAggie
1/8/2007, 04:27 PM
Final score: 3-2.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2007, 05:21 PM
:eek: