PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Bill Parcells:

boomersooner28
1/6/2007, 11:36 PM
Dear Bill,

I know you are a God back east, they loved you in New York and New England. You turned their professional football teams into winners. Thats great and all, but it is now 2007. The game has evolved over the last decade, and apparently it has left you behind. Either that, or you are getting big bucks from east coasters to deliberately make the Dallas Cowboys look horrible. Either way, please do me a favorand GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY DALLAS COWBOYS!!! PLEASE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

GrapevineSooner
1/6/2007, 11:40 PM
Every year he's been here, his teams have folded after Thanksgiving.

It won't break my heart one bit if he doesn't come back.

SoonerLB
1/7/2007, 12:08 AM
He's third on the list of what's wrong with the Cowboys, behind Jerry Jones and Terril Owens. Just sayin'! ;)

sooner518
1/7/2007, 12:12 AM
if they could hit a 19 yard FG, you'd be pretty happy with his job right now

Ash
1/7/2007, 12:13 AM
you're gonna miss the big bewbs once he's gone

GrapevineSooner
1/7/2007, 12:20 AM

Reread my post.

Their record from Thanksgiving on would have only marginally improved had they somehow pulled this one out.

Their season wasn't lost tonight. It started against New Orleans, had a large chunk taken away against Philly, and hit rock bottom with a home loss to the freaking Lions last Sunday.

This was just the inevitably of the season.

boomersooner28
1/7/2007, 12:51 AM

Actually, negative. That was a godsend from keeping us from getting our heads beat in again by either the Aints or the Bears. Thank goodness the season is over.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/7/2007, 12:59 AM
Actually, negative. That was a godsend from keeping us from getting our heads beat in again by either the Aints or the Bears. Thank goodness the season is over.
That's the way I look at it.
And I didn't think it could possibly get worse than losing at home to the Lions last week.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 01:01 AM
Nick Saban just denied he would be the next Cowboy coach.

tbl
1/7/2007, 01:02 AM
bs28... that's actually a pretty good point. While tonight SUCKED... HORRIBLY... that's probably what would have happened.

One thing I've noticed is that Parcells is definitely not the same, at least stat wise. During games, they pull up all these random positive stats about him, and with the Boys he always ends up on the negative end. Anybody that watches all the Cowboys games knows what I'm talking about. For instance, tonight they put up there that he's 8-1 in his postseason career when leading at the half. Obviously Romo had a LOT to do with screwing that up, but there's still a bigger problem that needs to be dealt with. I just wish Peyton would have held out for one more year and then he could be the HC next year.

Who knows though? The glorified gym teacher may end up coming back next year...

tbl
1/7/2007, 01:03 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sanantoniosooner again."

OU-HSV
1/7/2007, 01:07 AM
:D Oh great, now Bama has to find another coach!

jacru
1/7/2007, 01:22 AM
Parcells doesn't have the fire in his belly anymore. His former players have told him he's not the same guy that coached them. He's no longer the Big Tuna. He's the Carp. Athletes have to know when to hang it up, so do coaches. He looks like a tired old man on the sideline.

goingoneight
1/7/2007, 01:56 AM

pffft... for now, at least... :rolleyes:

SoonerMooner
1/7/2007, 03:37 AM
Rumor from another Sooner board from a reliable source is that Stoops met with Jerry Jones last week in Dallas.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 03:40 AM
Rumor from another Sooner board from a reliable source is that Stoops met with Jerry Jones last week in Dallas.
Some aggies(aTm) I know have been saying that for a few weeks now.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/7/2007, 04:23 AM
if rohomo could handle a snap they'd be playing next weekend but hes too busy worried about his next blonde singer girlfriend. and i love roy williams but did it seem like he was about two steps late on every big play tonight. i wish they'd move him to LB

SoonerTerry

Wishfull thinking on their part..

NorthernIowaSooner
hes better then most safeties but he cant cover all the ground he needs to to make up for other lapses in the secondary

SoonerTerry
1/7/2007, 04:24 AM
nevermind

Texas Golfer
1/7/2007, 04:27 AM
Both of my teams, the Oklahoma Sooners and the Dallas Cowboys, lost by a single point on freaky finishes.

Man, did I pick the wrong time to quit sniffing glue.

OU-HSV
1/7/2007, 09:05 AM
......Man, did I pick the wrong time to quit sniffing glue.
You can always pick up bad habits again :D

Since71ASooner4Life
1/7/2007, 10:07 AM
you're gonna miss the big bewbs once he's gone

You're not referring to the Michelin-Pillsberry hybrid dough-boy are you?

bluesmagoo
1/7/2007, 11:49 AM
Parcells doesn't have the fire in his belly anymore. His former players have told him he's not the same guy that coached them. He's no longer the Big Tuna. He's the Carp. Athletes have to know when to hang it up, so do coaches. He looks like a tired old man on the sideline.
He's the Carp. Funny. Yeah, he needs to go, but Stoops needs to stay here.

RedstickSooner
1/7/2007, 12:08 PM
Okay.

Once you people start questioning Superman's playing ability, I *KNOW* that you Dallas fans are just insane.

Mjcpr
1/7/2007, 01:13 PM
Being a Sooners and Cowboys fan, this year has not started off well for me. :mad:

tbl
1/7/2007, 01:49 PM
Parcells doesn't have the fire in his fupa anymore.
Fixed.

85sooners
1/7/2007, 03:11 PM
:hot: :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
1/7/2007, 03:37 PM
Was I the only one laughing last night on the fumble as I thought it was a fitting end to their season?

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 03:43 PM
Was I the only one laughing last night on the fumble as I thought it was a fitting end to their season?
Dallas is the laughing stock of the NFL.

Texas Golfer
1/7/2007, 03:48 PM
Well one and done is better than done and none.

Texas Golfer
1/7/2007, 03:50 PM
I had some great images but, for some reason, they're not taking.

colleyvillesooner
1/7/2007, 05:53 PM
The Raiders are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Fixed.

sanantoniosooner
1/7/2007, 05:56 PM
Fixed.
tsk tsk.

didn't catch WHO I directed that at.:P (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86831&highlight=laughingstock)
(click the smiley)

Newbomb Turk
1/7/2007, 06:11 PM
Both of my teams, the Oklahoma Sooners and the Dallas Cowboys, lost by a single point on freaky finishes.

no ****. I feel the same way. :mad:

East Coast Bias
1/7/2007, 06:24 PM
You guys are tough on the Tuna, Dallas has never been anything but a middle tier team for some time.....He did a good job with available talent and certainly doesn't have to prove himself to anybody down there.... There are a lot of NFL towns tht would take him in heartbeat..

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2007, 05:24 PM
Being a Sooners and Cowboys fan, this year has not started off well for me. :mad:

Same here.

Now if Carrie Underwood is dating the Cowboy QB would that make her Romo-erotic?

TexasSooner01
1/8/2007, 06:02 PM

I feel the same way! :(

I am soooooooo done watching football this year! Done, Done Done! ;)

TexasSooner01
1/8/2007, 06:03 PM

I know what you mean! :mad:

TexasSooner01
1/8/2007, 06:04 PM

Disagree....

Houston is the laughing stock of the NFL.

Dallas actually wins games. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2007, 06:20 PM

Thanks SAS! :texan: :pop: