PDA

View Full Version : First week of 2007 brings 8 NOLA murders

Okla-homey
1/6/2007, 05:35 PM
The mayor has declared "the city is to its knees," WTF that means.

They be killin' like its going oughtta style down there.

I hope TU and his fam stays safe. Last year there were 161 homicides in NOLA. Just last week, they had three in a single day.

IMHO, if they don't get a handle on that, all the goodwill and charitable assistance in the world is going to be unable fix that place.

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2007, 05:41 PM
Pfft. We had three before 6am on New Year's Day.

Okla-homey
1/6/2007, 05:43 PM
Pfft. We had three before 6am on New Year's Day.

Musta been New Years resolutions: "This year, I'm gonna pop a cap in that sumbeyotch!"

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2007, 06:01 PM
Either that or "It's too damn cold to let this mufu live!"

I think all three were unrelated, too. We've had I think five homicides so far this year already.

Place is going to the dogs. Might be time to finally think about moving South.

Newbomb Turk
1/6/2007, 06:10 PM

Canada?!

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2007, 06:16 PM
It's a thought.

jk the sooner fan
1/6/2007, 06:22 PM
crime stats for last year came out last week.....dallas is no longer the murder capital of the US

so we've got that going for us....

Scott D
1/6/2007, 06:29 PM
I was just looking for that info jk. Wasn't it NYC or Houston that was got the 'title'?

jk the sooner fan
1/6/2007, 06:33 PM
the guys on the radio were apparently so happy we werent #1, that they failed to mention who got it

but i think Houston is it...

murders went down but rapes went up.....

Scott D
1/6/2007, 06:38 PM
here's a sobering thought.

The Iraqi government just reported that during 2006, 16,273 soldiers, police officers, and civilians were murdered in that country. In 2005, 16,912 murders took place in the United States. With many major U.S. cities reporting higher murder rates in 2006, we can expect to easily break the 17,000 mark. While the majority of Iraqi homicides were the result of that nation's many Muslim factions fighting one another for political control, most U.S. murders can be attributed to drugs and gang violence...Considering that fact, Americans may face a more bleak future than will Iraqis.

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2007, 06:40 PM
Well, of course we have a slightly larger population than Iraq.

Scott D
1/6/2007, 06:43 PM
Well, of course we have a slightly larger population than Iraq.

And a slightly more splintered one ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/6/2007, 06:59 PM
But we got Dwayne Wade so Iraq can suck it!!

the_ouskull
1/6/2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, but according to last year's playoff officials, he would never foul anybody, so he's of no use to us in battle.

the_ouskull

batonrougesooner
1/7/2007, 12:59 AM
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal in New Orleans.

OUstud
1/7/2007, 01:08 AM
Have fun down there, Hornets!

olevetonahill
1/7/2007, 02:37 AM
****ing rookies . Why leave the carcass where it can be found ?
Hell no body no murder !
Are all the Gators and shat full ?

sooneron
1/7/2007, 02:35 PM
I was just looking for that info jk. Wasn't it NYC or Houston that was got the 'title'?
Don't be too glum. I'm sure D town is still top 5 five. One reason for the spike in NYC was re-classification of people dying from prior wounds from years ago. Baltimore led the way in 05 for murder rate in major cities.

Okla-homey
1/7/2007, 02:37 PM
****ing rookies . Why leave the carcass where it can be found ?
Hell no body no murder !
Are all the Gators and shat full ?

Woo's pigs are capable of dispatching evidence too. Danged ol' feral hogs will eat anything carbon-based, alive or dead.

fadada1
1/7/2007, 03:06 PM
come to philly. they're killing each other off in droves up here. if i'm not mistaken, philly had 450 +/- a few in 2006. and those are just the ones they found.

Okla-homey
1/7/2007, 03:25 PM
It seems they're talking curfew now. I wonder if that will apply in the French Quarter?

NEW ORLEANS -- With at least eight slayings in the city in the first week of the new year, officials are considering a curfew to help stem the violence, the police superintendent said Saturday.

"It's something we're just sort of talking about, to see if that will make a difference," police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

Mayor Ray Nagin, meanwhile, urged residents not to leave the city, still rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina, because of the recent killings. He said the slayings could be a tipping point that "galvanizes our community" to find solutions.

Some residents have called for a march on City Hall on Thursday to demand action to curb the violence.

Nagin and Riley both tried to reassure residents that they were doing all they can to make the city safer. Riley said some covert operations were under way and Nagin said he hoped to have details sometime next week on a "more creative, aggressive" plan developed in talks he has had with local ministers. [HTF is that going to help Ray? It seems to me, the shooters may not be regular churchgoers.]

Riley said the slayings are a part of a chronic problem that goes back to the city's school system and what he sees as the city's failure, over many years, to adequately educate and provide job opportunities for residents.

TUSooner
1/7/2007, 08:39 PM
I'M NOT LISTENING ! !

:rolleyes:

trey
1/7/2007, 10:52 PM
8 murderd in nola last weeK? are we sure they aren't referring to the secondary and d-line of the irish?

tbl
1/8/2007, 09:06 AM
Either that or "It's too damn cold to let this mufu live!"

I think all three were unrelated, too. We've had I think five homicides so far this year already.

Just in Anchorage? If so, that's pretty unexpected (based on somebodies opinion that's never been there).

Scott D
1/8/2007, 04:35 PM
Just in Anchorage? If so, that's pretty unexpected (based on somebodies opinion that's never been there).

man it's that cold....it ****s with your mind man.....it ****s with......your.......mind. :D

Spray
1/8/2007, 04:57 PM
Had a pretty bad year in B'ham, too- 104.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/8/2007, 05:15 PM
the guys on the radio were apparently so happy we werent #1, that they failed to mention who got it

but i think Houston is it...

murders went down but rapes went up.....

Only reason why we would be #1 is because we still have some of those ungracious, lazy, worthless, no-talent @$$clowns from New Orleans still here fighting Houston drug dealers for territory. I feel better now.

TexasSooner01
1/8/2007, 05:32 PM
Only reason why we would be #1 is because we still have some of those ungracious, lazy, worthless, no-talent @$$clowns from New Orleans still here fighting Houston drug dealers for territory. I feel better now.

Could not have been said better! :mad: :mad:

:les: SEND THEM BACK, I SAY! SEND THEM BACK!

There I feel better now too!

Just a couple of months ago some @$$clown tried to break into my house....Well whoever it was was met at the broken window by two huge dogs! :cool: I would of liked to see the look on their face when the dogs finished breaking the window to get at em!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/9/2007, 09:45 AM
Could not have been said better! :mad: :mad:

:les: SEND THEM BACK, I SAY! SEND THEM BACK!

There I feel better now too!

Just a couple of months ago some @$$clown tried to break into my house....Well whoever it was was met at the broken window by two huge dogs! :cool: I would of liked to see the look on their face when the dogs finished breaking the window to get at em!

Nice. I would have loved to seen their faces. I say cut off all FEMA assitance. It has been a year and a half since the hurricane. It is time to be productive again...if they were even productive to being with.