PDA

View Full Version : The exterior Christmas lights are down...

Okla-homey
1/6/2007, 04:38 PM
Mission complete.

Additionally, the last bit of interior Christmas decor is packed away...except for the nativity scene. That gets packed tomorrow morning because today is Epiphany!

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/493/zzzzzzzzzzzepiphanyeb5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

For the un-churched amongst us, that means the traditional day on which we celebrate the Wise D00ds who came to pay their respects to the infant Saviour. See, they took a while to get there having ridden camels from the East while following a star. Presumably that method of navigation meant they couldn't travel during daylight and stuff.

Its a good thing they were wise too, because they smelled a rat when King Herod asked them to provide a trip report, purportedly so he too could come to adore the new born King. We now know, as they suspected, Herod really wanted to know where our Lord lay see he could have the Incarnate Word snuffed in His manger.

Newbomb Turk
1/6/2007, 04:40 PM
I took the lights down yesterday.
The wife didn't even set up the nativity scene this year. :(

Okla-homey
1/6/2007, 04:42 PM
I took the lights down yesterday.
The wife didn't even set up the nativity scene this year. :(

No nativity scene? Dang, that's like Halloween without punkins.;)

olevetonahill
1/6/2007, 04:43 PM
Ive had my decorations down for 7 years ;)

Newbomb Turk
1/6/2007, 04:45 PM
No nativity scene? Dang, that's like Halloween without punkins.;)

no doubt. We (the wife) have so much interior decorations. We didn't even realize it until a few days before Christmas.

Tailwind
1/6/2007, 04:46 PM
Ok, ok, I'm working on it! ;)

Newbomb Turk
1/6/2007, 04:49 PM
Ive had my decorations down for 7 years ;)

you my friend, are the man! :D

but I like my Christmas decorations.

olevetonahill
1/6/2007, 04:56 PM
you my friend, are the man! :D

but I like my Christmas decorations.

IF And I mean IF , I have any decorations in or around my shack they are a few of my mamas that I have put away . Kids are all grown , So I asked the Bird and Knothead if they wanted to decorate, they didnt want to help so I said Ok no decoratin :cool:

OUFAN29
1/6/2007, 04:57 PM
Ours were taken down on Christmas. Tree included. With all the games we/I went to, it was too dangerous to leave them up with 6 cats.

Okla-homey
1/6/2007, 05:00 PM
Ours were taken down on Christmas. Tree included. With all the games we/I went to, it was too dangerous to leave them up with 6 cats.

Indeed. To the feline brain, Christmas trees = world's largest and most elaborate cat toy.

Actually, we didn't put up a real tree this year, and they were less enthused with the fake one...like many of our SO brethren have opined.

OklahomaTuba
1/6/2007, 05:34 PM
Anyone else going to a tree burn'n tonight?