PDA

View Full Version : How does domer have a wretched season, and still mop up in recruiting?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2007, 04:13 PM
Is their outsized coach a great recruiter, or does the national media backing put them over the top to get the job done? What is their attraction?

SoonerStormchaser
1/6/2007, 04:14 PM
They take all the future prima donna's of the world under their wings and show them just what mediocrity is all about.

THAT'S NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL!!!

fadada1
1/6/2007, 04:16 PM
it sure isn't because they have hawt cheerleaders.

TXBOOMER
1/6/2007, 04:29 PM
I'd be very shocked if that lard *** doesn't have a massive heart attack before football season starts. I got a lot of satisfaction watching them take a beating by LSU even though Les Miles was involved.

1/6/2007, 04:34 PM
I wonder when they are gonna have THEIR OWN BOWL GAME.(to be shown on their own TV network, of course)

BASSooner
1/6/2007, 04:41 PM
oh The Fighting Irish Bowl? Sponsored by Notre Dame? I heard that was coming up soon but I'm not sure. I heard the two teams that play in it are Notre Dame, as always, and some other random team that they pick of their choice. They declared already that it was so great and amazing that it will be one of the next BCS bowls.

1/6/2007, 04:46 PM
oh The Fighting Irish Bowl? Sponsored by Notre Dame? I heard that was coming up soon but I'm not sure. I heard the two teams that play in it are Notre Dame, as always, and some other random team that they pick of their choice. They declared already that it was so great and amazing that it will be one of the next BCS bowls.It will also be the official Natl. Championship game.

Scott D
1/6/2007, 04:47 PM
Is their outsized coach a great recruiter, or does the national media backing put them over the top to get the job done? What is their attraction?

The recruiting appeal with ND right now is the fact that Weis has those nifty Super Bowl rings that he can show off to potential recruits. These kids have seen what Weis did with Tom Brady and the others with those teams. So with a pitch that basically entails "Hey, I've been to the top of the overall mountain and I can get you there too" is something that kids want to hear. Plus with the fact that it's a basic lock that playing at ND means you'll be on national TV pretty much every week. The only thing you could point to not being appealing is the fact that South Bend, Indiana is a dump.

1/6/2007, 04:51 PM
The recruiting appeal with ND right now is the fact that Weis has those nifty Super Bowl rings that he can show off to potential recruits. These kids have seen what Weis did with Tom Brady and the others with those teams. So with a pitch that basically entails "Hey, I've been to the top of the overall mountain and I can get you there too" is something that kids want to hear. Plus with the fact that it's a basic lock that playing at ND means you'll be on national TV pretty much every week. The only thing you could point to not being appealing is the fact that South Bend, Indiana is a dump.And that the football world hates Notre Dame, except for their own fans, of course.

Scott D
1/6/2007, 04:53 PM
And that the football world hates Notre Dame, except for their own fans, of course.

yeah, but that has little to no bearing on recruiting :)

yermom
1/6/2007, 05:04 PM
it doesn't hurt that they can lose to the only decent teams they play and still make a BCS game every year ;)

IronSooner
1/6/2007, 05:05 PM
It will also be the official Natl. Championship game.

Good to see the directional schools get a crack at a title.

utex74
1/6/2007, 05:20 PM

It's baffling. They have their pick of recruits across the country and put out a mediocre product every year. I think the ND mystique, whatever that is, as well as media and their annual, unearned, BCS bowl draws recruits. Doesn't matter. These kids will learn to be mediocre and carry on the ND.

Scott D
1/6/2007, 06:22 PM
It's baffling. They have their pick of recruits across the country and put out a mediocre product every year. I think the ND mystique, whatever that is, as well as media and their annual, unearned, BCS bowl draws recruits. Doesn't matter. These kids will learn to be mediocre and carry on the ND.

This is where I tend to have a feeling that ND won't be staying mediocre that long. Technically this upcoming recruiting class is Weis' 3rd, but for all intents and purposes it's more like his 2nd and a half.

I think they made a mistake of Powlus proportions with Clausen, but I could be wrong. If they ever get a defense they'll be pretty scary.

1/6/2007, 06:27 PM
This is where I tend to have a feeling that ND won't be staying mediocre that long. I feel certain we all share that same fear.

Scott D
1/6/2007, 06:31 PM
I feel certain we all share that same fear.

perhaps....but until then we can enjoy the ineptness that is their defense :D

1/6/2007, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately the domers will be back...decided to turn back on the 5th column and 4th estate..Wow, please clarify the numerical identities.

MamaMia
1/6/2007, 07:14 PM
Kids know that when they play for Notre Dame they will get alot of positive attention and media coverage, no matter how they perform.

bluedogok
1/6/2007, 07:51 PM
I wonder when they are gonna have THEIR OWN BOWL GAME.(to be shown on their own TV network, of course)
Well, it worked for Boise State (The [insert name of the week] Blue Turf Bowl), TCU played at the one at their home stadium and New mexico had one this year. UNLV used to play in their own owl for awhile just like ASU did with the Fieta Bowl early.

It will also be the official Natl. Championship game.Might as well just put Bama in there with them.....

1/6/2007, 08:21 PM
Well, it worked for Boise State (The [insert name of the week] Blue Turf Bowl), TCU played at the one at their home stadium and New mexico had one this year. UNLV used to play in their own owl for awhile just like ASU did with the Fieta Bowl early.

Might as well just put Bama in there with them.....Then, it's settled, The 'F'ing Irish Bowl will settle the Nat Championship betw. them and Bammer, each and evey year. Suc will play FLA Gators in the Rose Bowl for #3. tOSU to play whorns for MidlandS Champion, and the Sooners will join the NFL?

Seamus
1/6/2007, 09:15 PM
5th column (WWII term for Nazi spies and collaborators) is their undercover cheating that goes on for recruits/transcripts. 4th Estate (old English term for the Parliament reporters and for the French journalists in the Revolution)means the favorite press they ALWAYS get.

I'm impressed that someone still knows those terms. I thought they had fallen by the wayside.