PDA

View Full Version : NEW JOB!!!!

fadada1
1/6/2007, 02:40 PM
so i just accepted a job at a top notch golf club in rochester, ny (my hometown). monroe golf club - home of the monroe invitational - super amatuer tournament. little sad to leave shangri la here in the philly area, but it's too good of an opportunity (professionally) to pass up.

taking the next step on the way to the head pro position... whenever that comes. got offered the job during the interview (yesterday) and called the pro today to accept.

couldn't be more excited about it. hopefully will start on march 1.

this will be the first time i've lived in the rochester area since i first left for OU 17 years ago. even bigger news, my GF will be coming with. and you know what that means....

jk the sooner fan
1/6/2007, 02:57 PM
congrats!!!

SicEmBaylor
1/6/2007, 03:01 PM
Since you're here...

I started playing in middle school, but gave it up until very recently. Now, in MS I didn't have a huge slice problem but now my slice is freaking horrendous. It's so bad that (especially off the tee) I have to align myself well to the left in order to get the ball to at least land somewhere on the actual fairway.

I've tried different things like my footing and everything I've tried has been only nominally better. My slice ALWAYS hooks right after going straight a bit. It looks like it's a good shot and then all of a sudden it makes a crazy *** sharp turn to the right and then I'm out in the boonies.

Please help!

Tailwind
1/6/2007, 03:11 PM
Awesome! Hope it's everything you dream it will be. :D

fadada1
1/6/2007, 03:30 PM
Since you're here...

I started playing in middle school, but gave it up until very recently. Now, in MS I didn't have a huge slice problem but now my slice is freaking horrendous. It's so bad that (especially off the tee) I have to align myself well to the left in order to get the ball to at least land somewhere on the actual fairway.

I've tried different things like my footing and everything I've tried has been only nominally better. My slice ALWAYS hooks right after going straight a bit. It looks like it's a good shot and then all of a sudden it makes a crazy *** sharp turn to the right and then I'm out in the boonies.

Please help!
chances are (in all likelihood), you're coming "across" the ball and putting a screw ball spin (to use a baseball term) on the ball. without actually seeing what you are doing, you absolutely, positively, must get to an inside out swing (which places a curve ball spin on the ball). in all reality, you must completely change what you're doing and get to the other side of the spectrum. and by that, i mean you must get to the complete and wrong side of the same spectrum. in other words, you are at red now (on the rainbow), and must get to violet.

once you get to the other side, you start to work back to the middle. right now, you have to think "hit it left". no matter what you do, hit it left. and hit it low and left. low and straight and left. it will completely break down what you know, but you have to break a very bad swing habit.

i'm helping a guy right now, and we're on our 3rd lesson... he's starting to hit some very nice balls right now. nice draw with more power. again, it's hard to explain it like this, but that's the place to start. you HAVE to destroy what you know, and rebuild.

picasso
1/6/2007, 03:32 PM
man that's just too sweet!

I hope it's a good move for you.

Newbomb Turk
1/6/2007, 03:36 PM
my GF will be coming with. and you know what that means....

secks?

Congrats!

fadada1
1/6/2007, 03:37 PM
secks?

Congrats!
:D

heh. she treats me pretty good.

BajaOklahoma
1/6/2007, 03:38 PM
Congrats!
Free golf at fadada1's!

fadada1
1/6/2007, 04:07 PM
Congrats!
Free golf at fadada1's!
i know a kick *** public course:D

Newbomb Turk
1/6/2007, 04:36 PM
when you get the head pro job at Bushwood, let us know. That would be cause for celebration.

SoonerTerry
1/6/2007, 05:05 PM
Congrats man!!!

Okla-homey
1/6/2007, 05:17 PM
Remember, kill the gophers, NOT the golfers.

RacerX
1/6/2007, 05:36 PM
Congratulations.

Prosperity is a good thing.

Mjcpr
1/6/2007, 06:54 PM
I used to have a slice; now, when I'm swinging badly it's a hook. So there's hope. :D

Congrats fad, I hope they clean up after themselves in the bar area this time. ;)

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2007, 06:55 PM
Congratulations. Plus, being that it's upstate New York, you probably won't have to work quite so hard December-March.

Man, I need a new job.

MamaMia
1/6/2007, 07:01 PM
Thats spendid news. I wish you all the best. :D

GottaHavePride
1/6/2007, 07:23 PM
Heh. Awesome.

fadada1
1/7/2007, 09:02 AM
Congrats fad, I hope they clean up after themselves in the bar area this time. ;)
somehow, i don't think i'll see the same issues.:D

Chuck Bao
1/7/2007, 09:24 AM
Congrats and good for you. And, I sincerely mean that despite being a hater of all things golf.

sooneron
1/7/2007, 02:14 PM
Congratulations. Plus, being that it's upstate New York, you probably won't have to work quite so hard December-March.

Man, I need a new job.
If this weather keeps up, he'll be busy all year round!

Congrats Fad!! You do know that you're moving away from the only Sonic in the area, right?

sooneron
1/7/2007, 02:15 PM
Congrats and good for you. And, I sincerely mean that despite being a hater of all things golf.
beggin fer a neggin:texan: