PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how much drivel about Boise State...

Soonerus
1/5/2007, 11:39 PM
...we will have to suffer on Monday during the MNC game...maybe that will be the end of it...although I am sure it will occasionally rear its ugly head from time to time in the future....

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 11:54 PM
...we will have to suffer on Monday during the MNC game...maybe that will be the end of it...although I am sure it will occasionally rear its ugly head from time to time in the future....

Doesn't matter to me what they say, I'll have the volume down, music up and SoonerFans on...

I'm just watchin for the big hits and/or severe humilation.:D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2007, 12:06 AM
Oh, they will talk about it plenty during the NC game. Just hope Fla pulls the upset, so they can have something new to dwell on.

sooneron
1/6/2007, 12:43 AM
If Fla wins, that will be the beginning of "shouldn't BSU have been there?" conjecture.

TUSooner
1/6/2007, 01:05 AM
too much

85sooners
1/6/2007, 01:13 AM
:pop:

westcoast_sooner
1/6/2007, 02:03 AM
Time will tell, but I really think they'll be more focused on the Championship game. There might be some reflection on the BCS games as a whole, but overall, they'll do a lot more talking about the Championship game than ours, IMO.

Big Red Ron
1/6/2007, 02:21 AM
If Fla wins, that will be the beginning of "shouldn't BSU have been there?" conjecture.Honestly, if I were an AP writer, I would vote BSU #1 if Fla beats OSU. Seriously just to protest the system. I also think it would be beautiful if Boise earned the AP or the equivelent to USC's MNC from 2003.

They would be the only undefeated team with a BCS bowl victory.

:D

arcman46
1/6/2007, 07:44 AM
If the AP is going to give the MNC title to USuC in '03, which only won it due to protest votes, than Boise more than deserves it in '07. They will be the only undefeated team in the country. Could Boise beat tOSU or Fla, or that matter OU again; probably not; but they did beat us when it counted, so if Fla does win, BSU should be the AP champs.

jacru
1/6/2007, 09:59 AM
... but they did beat us when it counted...
Isn't that the truest measure in sports?

I mean, when it's 4th and 18 and a stop means victory... (sigh)

soonermeteor
1/6/2007, 11:35 PM
If Fla wins, that will be the beginning of "shouldn't BSU have been there?" conjecture.

I would think it would be the opposite, if OSU were to blow out Florida. Either way though you know they will bring it up.

Dam lucky trick plays. :mad:

Desert Sapper
1/6/2007, 11:38 PM
In the old system, Boise would have probably won a championship with a Florida win. In this system, they don't have a prayer. SUC only 'won it' in 2003 because they entered the bowls ranked #1 and didn't lose.

dolemitesooner
1/6/2007, 11:54 PM
wE LOST DEAL WITH IT

TUSooner
1/6/2007, 11:56 PM
wE LOST DEAL WITH IT
We ARE dealing with it ... by bitching and whining on here! :D

dolemitesooner
1/6/2007, 11:59 PM
No we lost...I am am over her trying to laugh at yermom...I am not going to talk about a game with a bunch of morons were we just lost...It was a great game....The coaches and players gave us a chance to win and we lost..Happens

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/7/2007, 12:06 AM
Honestly, if I were an AP writer, I would vote BSU #1 if Fla beats OSU. Seriously just to protest the system. I also think it would be beautiful if Boise earned the AP or the equivelent to USC's MNC from 2003.

:pop:I really like this.

TUSooner
1/7/2007, 12:21 AM
No we lost...I am am over her trying to laugh at yermom...I am not going to talk about a game with a bunch of morons were we just lost...It was a great game....The coaches and players gave us a chance to win and we lost..Happens
I resent all this well-adjustedness and proper perspective. It's just WRONG for you optimists not to be as miserable as I have been! I mean, look at all the GOOD feeling crappy has done for me!

well, OK, never mind :O

iddave
1/7/2007, 12:47 AM
You guys don't know how good you've got it. Although we're ALL suffering, I can't get away from it. I swear to god that if at any point during the day you turn to one of the big four TV stations, there is a clip of Ian Johnson running the damn ball in. I almost had to fire two of the guys that work for me the day after the game they were so obnoxious. I'll be hearing about this freaking game for the next 20 years. I'm seriously considering moving to Northern Idaho at the very least. Although I was born and raised in OK, I went to college at the University of Idaho when there was actually some sort of rivalry. They spank my beloved Vandals as a matter of regular course these days, and now the Sooners have been beaten by them as well.

snp
1/7/2007, 02:45 AM
Honestly, if I were an AP writer, I would vote BSU #1 if Fla beats OSU. Seriously just to protest the system. I also think it would be beautiful if Boise earned the AP or the equivelent to USC's MNC from 2003.

AP writers can do whatever they want; they're not part of the BCS anymore.

chbrew09
1/7/2007, 03:01 AM
Oh man...I hope we don't hear too too much. I just talked to my little brother about it for the first time since the game and I felt my blood pressure rising. I thought I had gotten over it...guess I was wrong

chbrew09
1/7/2007, 03:07 AM
For my 100th post, I have an honest question for the betters out there (or anyone who wants to consider this situation). If we could play Boise St again in say...three days...and the spread was 8 in favor of OU, would you take it? To be honest, looking back on the game, with all our turnovers, limited production from AD, one of PT's worst of the year, blown assignments on defense, and Boise's successful trick plays, I don't think there's any chance the game would be that close again. I would even take a 13 point spread and I'm usually pretty conservative. This is coming from someone who was the only one of my friends who decided against betting on the 7 point spread coming into the game. Just a question and I'm curious to see what you all think. Not trying to whine...just wondering

By the way...I'm posting this in here because I didn't want to **** anybody off and start a new thread.

chbrew09
1/7/2007, 03:08 AM
oh yeah...i forgot to add the loss of Malcolm as another reason we'd win big the next time around

BASSooner
1/7/2007, 03:47 AM
Why don't we just put an end to this thread? We know what happend and how it happend. There is no changing it. That was the past. You're only going backwards if you are thinking about the past. Think of OUr future.

Texas Golfer
1/7/2007, 04:36 AM
If they're still talking about the BSU game tonight during the Dallas/Seattle game, you know they'll be talking about it on Monday during the OSU/Fla game, especially since the game is being played on the same field.

Sooner Among The Pack
1/7/2007, 10:15 AM
If they're still talking about the BSU game tonight during the Dallas/Seattle game, you know they'll be talking about it on Monday during the OSU/Fla game, especially since the game is being played on the same field.

Seriously, when I heard John Madden say that Dallas is going to run a "Boise State", I nearly hacked up dinner.

So. Sick. Of. "It".

OUFAN29
1/7/2007, 10:22 AM
I am glad I was at the game so I did not have to listen to Madden. It was bad enough to see a Boise State Fiesta Bowl Champions Hat there.

MamaMia
1/7/2007, 10:41 AM
If Florida beats Ohio State, Boise should play Florida.

85sooners
1/7/2007, 11:00 AM
If Florida beats Ohio State, Boise should play Florida.:D :D

Blues1
1/7/2007, 11:41 AM
Anytime we Score 42 points I'm not down or upset about this loss anymore than any other Loss....

For us old guys We made it through our Loss after 47 straight Wins Scoring 0 Points - Even with our Mid 90's Low point - Since 1949 We have been Near The Top College Program of all time --- Stand Proud - Re- Load - and get Ready to Rock - Come Sept 2007 Our Goals stay the Same - Big 12 Champs and another BCS Bowl - We Will do what we always Do ----"More Wins are Coming" - Our Record Speaks for it Self....!!!

Keep Rockin'