josh09
1/5/2007, 09:43 PM
Freakin awesome.

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 10:46 PM
neat-o

ClintonSooner
1/5/2007, 10:48 PM
holy ****! you need to inform viewers to start from the top and work your way down!

great find!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2007, 01:00 AM
Send it to NBC executive offices, and to the NCAA exec. offices.

SoonerTerry
1/6/2007, 01:30 AM
I love it...

lexsooner
1/6/2007, 01:16 PM
Hilarious. ND is one of those schools which has a huge following of fans who have little in common with the school (except Catholicism). ND has legions of blue collar Catholic fans, esp. in Chicago and other larger northern communities. What I always found strange was ND is such a snooty, homogeneous, upper crust Catholic school which is accessible only by affluent Catholic families and their children, esp. legacies. I read ND has the highest percentage of legacy children in their undergrad student body of any major university in the U.S. - 20 to 24 percent according to Daniel Golden, who wrote the book "The Price of Admission." Yet blue collar Catholic families worship the domers and dream with futility that their kids will someday be admitted to ND. In most cases these families are met with rejection notices and end up sending their kids to public universities. ND is much like a Catholic version of Duke - snooty, elitist, drawing from a very narrow population - upper class, well-connected East coast kids, in Duke's case. Worse yet, academcially, ND is not a great school academically, not as good as Duke, really not strong in research or anything other than undergrad education.

Now after the racist attitudes of their fans and administration resulted in the firing of a fine coach like Tyrone Willingham, and welcoming Jabba the Hut as coach, I am quite thrilled to see ND lose 4-5 games each year, which will likely be the case. The honeymoon is over for Mr. Sugar Low Weis. The domers need to accept their second tier status as a football program and focus more on Christian ethics in running their school and football program. If ND rightfully accepted bowl invitations to Shreveport, LA, instead of New Orleans, maybe they wouldn't have to wait more than two decades to win a bowl game.

Flagstaffsooner
1/6/2007, 01:49 PM
Don't hold back there, Lex! Martin Luther would love you.:D

P.S. You forgot to mention the priests buggering the water boys.

lexsooner
1/6/2007, 02:15 PM
Don't hold back there, Lex! Martin Luther would love you.:D

P.S. You forgot to mention the priests buggering the water boys.

:D Hey, this is a devout Methodist kid who went to an upper crust Catholic high school and had to hear about how Notre Dame like it was part of heaven itself. Now I have to listen to certain people, blue collar to the core, who worship ND while their kids go to public universities. No, dude, there is no love lost whatsoever. Oh, the buggering went on at the schools from which the ND kids came from, so I can't hold that against the domers, although I am certain many of their administration engaged in such activity in their pasts.

1/6/2007, 02:53 PM
Hilarious. ND is one of those schools which has a huge following of fans who have little in common with the school (except Catholicism). ND has legions of blue collar Catholic fans, esp. in Chicago and other larger northern communities. What I always found strange was ND is such a snooty, homogeneous, upper crust Catholic school which is accessible only by affluent Catholic families and their children, esp. legacies. I read ND has the highest percentage of legacy children in their undergrad student body of any major university in the U.S. - 20 to 24 percent according to Daniel Golden, who wrote the book "The Price of Admission." Yet blue collar Catholic families worship the domers and dream with futility that their kids will someday be admitted to ND. In most cases these families are met with rejection notices and end up sending their kids to public universities. ND is much like a Catholic version of Duke - snooty, elitist, drawing from a very narrow population - upper class, well-connected East coast kids, in Duke's case. Worse yet, academcially, ND is not a great school academically, not as good as Duke, really not strong in research or anything other than undergrad education.

Now after the racist attitudes of their fans and administration resulted in the firing of a fine coach like Tyrone Willingham, and welcoming Jabba the Hut as coach, I am quite thrilled to see ND lose 4-5 games each year, which will likely be the case. The honeymoon is over for Mr. Sugar Low Weis. The domers need to accept their second tier status as a football program and focus more on Christian ethics in running their school and football program. If ND rightfully accepted bowl invitations to Shreveport, LA, instead of New Orleans, maybe they wouldn't have to wait more than two decades to win a bowl game.Not so sure about the racism stuff, but kudos for the rest of it.

OK2LA
1/6/2007, 02:57 PM
:D Hey, this is a devout Methodist kid who went to an upper crust Catholic high school and had to hear about how Notre Dame like it was part of heaven itself. Now I have to listen to certain people, blue collar to the core, who worship ND while their kids go to public universities. No, dude, there is no love lost whatsoever. Oh, the buggering went on at the schools from which the ND kids came from, so I can't hold that against the domers, although I am certain many of their administration engaged in such activity in their pasts.

. . . . mmmmmmm. Crust.

BASSooner
1/6/2007, 03:10 PM
you need to show this to some ND recruits..

Flagstaffsooner
1/6/2007, 03:15 PM
you need to show this to some ND recruits..They love getting buggered.:D

TheBobbyTrain
1/6/2007, 05:00 PM
Worse yet, academcially, ND is not a great school academically...

Let's not start bashing their academics just yet... :les:

snp
1/6/2007, 05:13 PM
Worse yet, academcially, ND is not a great school academically, not as good as Duke, really not strong in research or anything other than undergrad education.

I know school rankings are kinda :rolleyes: but

# Notre Dame is rated among the nation's top 25 institutions of higher learning in surveys conducted by U.S. News and World Report, Princeton Review, Time, Kiplinger's, and Kaplan/Newsweek.

# The Wall Street Journal has cited Notre Dame one of the "New Ivies" in American higher education, along with, among others, Duke, Northwestern and Johns Hopkins.

No **** it's not as good as Duke, most schools aren't. But don't act like it's a bad school at all academically. Much better than OU.

lexsooner
1/6/2007, 05:50 PM
I know school rankings are kinda :rolleyes: but

# Notre Dame is rated among the nation's top 25 institutions of higher learning in surveys conducted by U.S. News and World Report, Princeton Review, Time, Kiplinger's, and Kaplan/Newsweek.

# The Wall Street Journal has cited Notre Dame one of the "New Ivies" in American higher education, along with, among others, Duke, Northwestern and Johns Hopkins.

No **** it's not as good as Duke, most schools aren't. But don't act like it's a bad school at all academically. Much better than OU.

I didn't say it was bad at all. It is a good school, especially for undergraduate education, which is what I believe those magazines are rating. However, fans of ND I know seem to have this impression it is overall in the same league as the Ivies, MIT, and other elite schools. ND is not an elite school on the graduate school/research end, which are the other important parts of any major university. The truly elite like MIT, Cal Tech, Michigan, UC Berkeley, Stanford, the Ivys, stand out in all areas - under grad and graduate education and research. Those schools are loaded with top professional and graduate programs and Nobel laureates on their faculty and cutting edge research. ND stands out in undergraduate education, little else, except maybe their law school, graduate level theology and some religious study areas. That was my point above.

Flagstaffsooner
1/7/2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3011
January 4, 2007

TEN REASONS THE IRISH SHOULD BE HAPPY THIS MORNING (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3011)

10. Charlie Weis departed New Orleans safely. We’re not making a fat joke here, we’re just saying that the man is still walking after spending a week in the city of butter cooked in butter broth with butter sauce topped with sugar. Success comes in a thousand flavors, Domers–reach out and grab one here.
9. Brady Quinn can perform the complex and demanding tasks of the NFL combine without the pesky weight of a national championship ring on his finger, which could adversely affect his throwing motion.
8. Personal fouls may prove to be keen marketing strategy with borderline recruits unconvinced at Notre Dame’s “thug quotient.” Look for South Florida recruits to flock northward in response.
7. Light scoring gave tireless student-section push-up artists a chance to rest overworked pectoral muscles. Never overtrain is the rule you should follow.
6. Ninth straight bowl loss ensures that ages-old rivalry with Temple is still burning with live hate.
5. Parking over at St. Mary’s across from campus will likely remain at the merely extortionary rate of 20 dollars per car.
4. Constant debrainings in nationally televised games have broadened the horizons of medicine (http://firemarkmay.blogspot.com/2007/01/nd-fandom-officially-declared-disorder.html)–NAY!–science as we know it.
3. Sportswriters may now save labor and dust off the “Irish resurgence” column for the third year in a row, allowing them to take a quiet day off, and thereby helping the liquor and golf-based economies of this nation surge into the second and third economic quarters of next year.
2. Somewhere, Regis Philbin is weeping. His tears bring joy to the world.
1. Your loss created the happiest moment of this man’s life:

1/7/2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3011
January 4, 2007

TEN REASONS THE IRISH SHOULD BE HAPPY THIS MORNING (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3011)

1. Your loss created the happiest moment of this man’s life:Wow, and I thought I hated domer. This guy leads the parade!

jkjsooner
1/7/2007, 04:36 PM
Most of the Notre Dame fans I know have never been to Indiana. A significant number of those don't even know South Bend is in Indiana. To be honest, most of them are really NFL fans but will call themselves ND fans because they're Catholic.... Not that these Brooklyn/Boston/DC types would feel even remotely at home in South Bend.

That being said, the true Notre Dame fans (the one's who either went to ND or at least have been to South Bend) are typically known as being very nice and gracious fans.

1/7/2007, 04:44 PM
That being said, the true Notre Dame fans (the one's who either went to ND or at least have been to South Bend) are typically known as being very nice and gracious fans.Uh huh!