PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Part - Cold Play

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 03:03 PM
I love Cold Play. This is incredible. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRZv6NGjdc

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 03:09 PM
Mom,

I can't watch utube at work, however, I was in the gym the other day and there was this slow song playing and the guy singing couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it. It was actually painful to listen to. When the song was almost over some chick was singing along and I go "what the hell was that?" and she goes "Coldplay, they're great." I go "that was quite possibly the worst song and voice I've ever heard. People pay to hear that guy sing?" She goes "whatever."

So, I've only heard one Coldplay song that I know of, but it was enough to spoil me from wanting to ever hear another one.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2007, 03:15 PM
I love Coldplay. You keep on rockin' Mama.

NormanPride
1/5/2007, 03:27 PM
Coldplay's too young for you, SicEm. Try back in a few years.

Viking Kitten
1/5/2007, 03:29 PM
Mom,

I can't watch utube at work, however, I was in the gym the other day and there was this slow song playing and the guy singing couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it. It was actually painful to listen to. When the song was almost over some chick was singing along and I go "what the hell was that?" and she goes "Coldplay, they're great." I go "that was quite possibly the worst song and voice I've ever heard. People pay to hear that guy sing?" She goes "whatever."

So, I've only heard one Coldplay song that I know of, but it was enough to spoil me from wanting to ever hear another one.

I hate Coldplay too, Dean!

I also detest sunshine, adorable cuddly puppies, a steamy cup of hot cocoa on a snowy day, Rocky Road ice cream, and coming home to a hearty meal after a long day of work.

You know what else sucks? Snuggling up with a good book after my sweet, perfect little children go to bed. OU National Championships. Bob Stoops. Czar Soonerov. Drunk shopping with BSG. Hot footwear. Sephora.

I would like to take all those horrible things, along with Coldplay, put them in a garbage can and just stomp the living hell out of them, set them afire, and **** on the ashes.

royalfan5
1/5/2007, 03:41 PM
I wonder if the guys in Travis get mad everytime somebody talks about loving Coldplay.

Howzit
1/5/2007, 03:42 PM

I also detest sunshine, adorable cuddly puppies, a steamy cup of hot cocoa on a snowy day, Rocky Road ice cream, and coming home to a hearty meal after a long day of work.

You know what else sucks? Snuggling up with a good book after my sweet, perfect little children go to bed. OU National Championships. Bob Stoops. Czar Soonerov. Drunk shopping with BSG. Hot footwear. Sephora.

I would like to take all those horrible things, along with Coldplay, put them in a garbage can and just stomp the living hell out of them, set them afire, and **** on the ashes.

I'm gonna bitchslap you, ****bag!!!1

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9657/bitchslaped7.jpg
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYnn51C3X_w)

Norm In Norman
1/5/2007, 03:44 PM
You know how I know you're gay?

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 03:46 PM

You are an enigma ....... wrapped in a slice of sizzling bacon and smothered with bleu cheese. Or something like that...

Viking Kitten
1/5/2007, 03:51 PM
I also hate sizzling bacon and bleu cheese. And nothing makes me angrier than than those things lovingly wrapped around a nice, tender filet mignon. Just thinking about it makes me want to punch someone.

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 03:52 PM
Mom,

Then you probably hate Keane too, don't you? :P

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 03:52 PM
Never heard of her/him/it.

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 04:02 PM
Never heard of her/him/it.
Them. :D

http://www.keanemusic.com/

I was the one of the first people to join their fan club and the oldest person at their concert in Kansas, even though I'm sure it was hard for most people to know that, since I carry my age very well. You are as young as the music you like. ;)

Anyway, I drove all day to stand right there in front, right by the stage next to the biggest speakers I ever saw in my whole life. My whole body vibrated. I loved it! I would also love to go to a Cold Play concert. :D

Viking Kitten
1/5/2007, 04:23 PM
In all seriousness, I think Keane is great, they are probably my favorite new discovery of the last year. I'm a huge fan. But I can tell you right now... Dean, you would hate Keane. Sometimes when I'm listening to Keane, I think to myself, "They're good, but yikes, what a bunch of sissies."

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 04:29 PM
Them. :D

http://www.keanemusic.com/

I was the one of the first people to join their fan club and the oldest person at their concert in Kansas, even though I'm sure it was hard for most people to know that, since I carry my age very well. You are as young as the music you like. ;)

Anyway, I drove all day to stand right there in front, right by the stage next to the biggest speakers I ever saw in my whole life. My whole body vibrated. I loved it! I would also love to go to a Cold Play concert. :D

You aren't having a midlife crisis are you? You feel this need to get a hairpiece, some gold chains, a polyester shirt you can open down to your navel, a new sports car, and cop a divorce? Oh wait, I almost forgot, you're a chick....

I guess you must not have done all that silliness when you were young. I've camped out waiting for concerts, fought my way to the speakers, had my ears ringing for weeks, etc. But not after grew up.

Right now, a small venue, a good blues/rock band, good whiskey, and life is good. The only time I've enjoyed a big show in the past 20 years is when I'm up in the Ford Center suites.

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 04:29 PM
In all seriousness, I think Keane is great, they are probably my favorite new discovery of the last year. I'm a huge fan. But I can tell you right now... Dean, you would hate Keane. Sometimes when I'm listening to Keane, I think to myself, "They're good, but yikes, what a bunch of sissies."

So, you're saying they're the 21st century's Bay City Rollers or Duran Duran?

Viking Kitten
1/5/2007, 04:43 PM
So, you're saying they're the 21st century's Bay City Rollers or Duran Duran?

I've never had a problem with Duran Duran. In my entire life, I've heard exactly one Bay City Rollers song, so I really have no basis for comparison there.

Keane just produces great songs that aren't especially butch.

Newbomb Turk
1/5/2007, 04:57 PM
forget the music, did anybody watch the video Mama posted. :eek:

that's some scary shat!

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 05:08 PM
You aren't having a midlife crisis are you? You feel this need to get a hairpiece, some gold chains, a polyester shirt you can open down to your navel, a new sports car, and cop a divorce? Oh wait, I almost forgot, you're a chick....

I guess you must not have done all that silliness when you were young. I've camped out waiting for concerts, fought my way to the speakers, had my ears ringing for weeks, etc. But not after grew up.

Right now, a small venue, a good blues/rock band, good whiskey, and life is good. The only time I've enjoyed a big show in the past 20 years is when I'm up in the Ford Center suites.Maybe the ringing in your rings damaged your hearing to such an extent that it enabled your ability to recognize the new good music when it comes along. ;)

No, I never camped out for tickets, but I did all that concert and nightclub dancing stuff when I was younger, but then mamahood came along. :)

Oh, and I am not having a mid life crisis. Now that the youngest is gone off to college, I just realized that I still have wings and I want to fly. :P

I also love the blues, jazz, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, the Big Bands; all the music my parents listened to on their reel to reel. I still love all the bands from back during my high school/8-track years and my albums from back in the 70s during my college days. I like Supertramp as well and a few of the bands and artists that cropped up when the kids were little. To me, variety is the spice of life. :D

BigRedJed
1/5/2007, 05:21 PM
...I was in the gym the other day and there was this slow song playing and the guy singing couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it. It was actually painful to listen to. When the song was almost over some chick was singing along and I go "what the hell was that?" and she goes "Coldplay, they're great."...
Are you sure she was talking about Coldplay? Seriously, "couldn't carry a tune" doesn't describe Chris Martin. It sounds more like... ...the Flaming Lips.

Stoop Dawg
1/5/2007, 05:31 PM
In my entire life, I've heard exactly one Bay City Rollers song, so I really have no basis for comparison there.

From this thread, it appears that you may actually be over-qualified to give an opinion on them.

Thank God no muscle-headed wanker at some poser-gym ever belted out a Grateful Dead (or whatever old-time "man band" Dean cums for) tune out of key!!!

BigRedJed
1/5/2007, 05:55 PM
Or, perhaps, Neil Young? Now THERE'S a guy who could keep a tune. In a bucket.

soonerboomer93
1/5/2007, 06:30 PM
forget the music, did anybody watch the video Mama posted. :eek:

that's some scary shat!

um, I lasted about 20 seconds until i caught a glipse of man thong

JohnnyMack
1/5/2007, 07:36 PM
Mom,

You're officially retarded.

OUAndy1807
1/5/2007, 07:51 PM
Or, perhaps, Neil Young? Now THERE'S a guy who could keep a tune. In a bucket.
you suck

BigRedJed
1/7/2007, 01:25 PM
Because I'm pointing out that Neil Young was a warbler? I think I'm pretty safe on that one. And hey, I love the guy's music.

sooneron
1/7/2007, 02:11 PM
Jed's right, Neil is a warbler, but he can bring it!

OUAndy1807
1/7/2007, 02:39 PM
would I be out of line to nominate Neil Young for best Canadian ever?

royalfan5
1/7/2007, 02:44 PM
would I be out of line to nominate Neil Young for best Canadian ever?
No but he would get owned by Gordon Lightfoot or William Shatner in that competiton.

Viking Kitten
1/7/2007, 02:52 PM
In your face... er, other Canadians.

http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/webpages/mckenzie/pics/bob_and_doug.jpg

dolemitesooner
1/7/2007, 03:29 PM
I like oldplay but that was the gayest ****ing video I have ever seen ..Gay...wtf were they thinking I dont care about some dance team

MamaMia
1/7/2007, 06:57 PM
I like oldplay but that was the gayest ****ing video I have ever seen ..Gay...wtf were they thinking I dont care about some dance teamYou do too. You're just trying to act all macho and stuff. :D

Czar Soonerov
1/7/2007, 07:14 PM
One of my favorites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ_wX42Iu6M

OUAndy1807
1/7/2007, 08:08 PM
One of my favorites...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnJE_UZpJjc

BigRedJed
1/7/2007, 11:25 PM
LIPS RIPOFF!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N9rH2x5KUw)

Norm In Norman
1/7/2007, 11:26 PM
You know how I know you're gay?
You listen to cold play.

Have you guys not seen 40 year old virgin? COME ON! :mad:

orangekaje
1/8/2007, 12:44 AM
Coldplay is so friggin awesome. Me and my gf went to see them at the Ford Center in Feb. for the Twisted Logic tour. Of course I had my radio with me so that I could listen to the ****** game during the Fiona Apple earsore.

IB4OU2
1/8/2007, 12:21 PM
I missed this thread.....

Dean, you are getting crotchety aren't you ;)

Coldplay, The Lips, DeathCabforCutie are some of the best groups to come around in a long, long time and hell I know I'm older than you but age doesn't really matter when art, music or theatre are concerned.....loosen up Gramps.

Taxman71
1/8/2007, 01:02 PM
A Southern man don't need Neil Young around anyhow.

And this thread reminds of why grandmothers should not get tramp stamps.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 01:54 PM
From this thread, it appears that you may actually be over-qualified to give an opinion on them.

Thank God no muscle-headed wanker at some poser-gym ever belted out a Grateful Dead (or whatever old-time "man band" Dean cums for) tune out of key!!!

Huh? Think much?

1. I hate the Grateful Dead.

2. I like all kinds of music. Rap isn't music, so it doesn't count.

3. It wasn't somebody at the ****ing gym singing, it was Coldplay singing. Dude had/s absolutely 0 on the talent scale (vocally anyhow).

4. What is a "man band?" Yes, I prefer bands made up of males simply because chick bands are like chick athletes. Pretty good, but not great.

5. Blow me.

JM,

Oh, so not liking crappy music makes a person retarded? Call me Rainman.

Steve,

Dude, I can handle new music. I can't handle bad music.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:56 PM
Crankypants.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 01:56 PM
Is that a new band?

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 01:58 PM
If it's not, it should be. And I guarantee BSG would have her brother burn it for you if you asked nicely.

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 02:00 PM
An all chick punk band named Crankypants? In.

IB4OU2
1/8/2007, 02:07 PM
Speaking of BLUES... I watched James Brown in concert last night on HDTV. Must of been one of his last concerts...

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 02:10 PM
Speaking of BLUES... I watched James Brown in concert last night on HDTV. Must of been one of his last concerts...

JB is R&B/soul. Just an FYI.

JohnnyMack
1/8/2007, 02:14 PM
JM,

Yeah, yeah, that's definitely and 18 point buck, yeah. Definitely an 18 pointer. Yeah. Definitely not wearing my RealTree. Yeah, not my RealTree.

achiro
1/8/2007, 02:16 PM
Know how I know you're full of ****?:D

You started with,

I was in the gym the other day

MamaMia
1/8/2007, 02:20 PM
Huh? Think much?

3. It wasn't somebody at the ****ing gym singing, it was Coldplay singing. Dude had/s absolutely 0 on the talent scale (vocally anyhow).

4. What is a "man band?" Yes, I prefer bands made up of males simply because chick bands are like chick athletes. Pretty good, but not great.

5. Blow me.

JM,

Steve,

Dude, I can handle new music. I can't handle bad music.I now believe that I may have judged Simon Cowell a bit harshly. :P

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 02:22 PM
WTF is a "Simon Cowell?"

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 02:26 PM
I like this Dean character.

IB4OU2
1/8/2007, 04:20 PM
Huh? Think much?

5. Blow me.

JM,

Steve,

Buddy ColdPlay's music is good... they're one new group I'd like to see live. Don't let one song you listened to while pumping iron turn you off, listen to some more of their music,

sooneron
1/8/2007, 04:44 PM
Radiohead - Lite

KC//CRIMSON
1/8/2007, 04:46 PM
Coldplay is a solid band, but they're kind of boring to watch live.

sooneron
1/8/2007, 04:52 PM
Saying that they are Radiohead - Lite doesn't detract from the fact that I like some of their music and pwn it.

yermom
1/8/2007, 05:36 PM
Radiohead - Lite about covers it ;)

Taxman71
1/8/2007, 06:01 PM
No real rock and roller would marry Gwenyth Paltrow and drink high tea every day. Noone in Coldplay is qualified to be a roadie for Spinal Tap.

Stoop Dawg
1/8/2007, 06:29 PM

I'm curious to hear what "new" music you handle.

Did you know that Hank Williams had a kid? ;)

Stoop Dawg
1/8/2007, 06:31 PM
No real rock and roller would marry Gwenyth Paltrow

Then "real rock and rollers" are morons.

yermom
1/8/2007, 06:40 PM
yeah, i can't really fault him for his choice in beards ;)

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 07:20 PM
Yep. MUCH better choice than you made with Dolemite.

BigRedJed
1/8/2007, 07:21 PM
Or, your real beard, for that matter.

yermom
1/8/2007, 08:21 PM
:mad: