PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs. Florida / Who's rooting for whom?

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 02:46 PM
I'm rooting for the Gators. I would love to see the mouthy jock commentators wiggling in their seats while trying to justify crowning a National Champion with a loss, over a 'Coming to a theater near you', Boise State Broncos, AKA "Americas team", who miraculously beat down the big bad monster Oklahoma Sooners, from whatever country they think we live in.

#1 SOONER FAN
1/5/2007, 02:50 PM
I'm for the Gators too, hope they thump them like USC did Michigan. Then let's see what the BOYS say on ESPN.

Ash
1/5/2007, 02:54 PM
I've never been a big fan of the cheating sweatervests, but then I've never been a big fan of the gators.

I hope the gators win, but I don't really have a thought out reason.

Collier11
1/5/2007, 03:00 PM
Im for the Gators cus I like Urban Meyer and I want to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the presidents to justify not having a playoff

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2007, 03:05 PM
I m rooting for Frank Solich and The Ohio Bobcats

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2007, 03:07 PM
Gators. I'm a native born Floridian so I have to go with the gators.

Sooner Among The Pack
1/5/2007, 03:16 PM
IMHO, it doesn't matter if Florida beats Ohio State by 21 points...Boise State wouldn't even be in the discussion if they played a BCS conference schedule.

Most of the Bronco Kool Aid is made of emotion anyway. It's easy to get up for the only great team you've played all season...let's see them keep that kind of intensity when they are playing a REAL schedule.

SoonerGators
1/5/2007, 03:17 PM
<---- name says it all

OSUAggie
1/5/2007, 03:17 PM
Bucks... I will never cheer for an SEC team.

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2007, 03:27 PM
Gators

jacru
1/5/2007, 03:29 PM
I rooted for this match-up, but I don't care who wins it.
I just didn't want SC to get a shot or Mich. to get a rematch. So, I'm happy.

Dio
1/5/2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.blaxploitation.com/images/cover_gifs/cover_gator.gif

TheUnnamedSooner
1/5/2007, 03:46 PM
UF

RedstickSooner
1/5/2007, 03:54 PM
I'll root for Florida for a couple reasons. First, it's impossible for any SEC team to become a dynasty situation - SEC is too tough, and *every* SEC team manages to choke for a minimum of one game every other season. Hence, no long streaks, no back-to-back BCS championships, etc.

The only minor upside I could see to the marijuana leaves winning is that maybe it might mean they could recruit some California kids away from USC, but I doubt it. The Bucknuts don't seem to bother with anyone outside of the rust belt. Heck, they barely bother recruiting anyone outside of Ohio.

Frankly, with a win, Florida might be more likely to go after national targets than Ohio State would be with a win -- so, really, this one's a no-brainer for me, now that I think about it. I'm rooting for the Gayters.

Uh, chomp 'em?

springs sooner
1/5/2007, 04:09 PM
DA BEARS. oh wait sorry wrong game

flopshotjoe99
1/5/2007, 04:34 PM
rooting for the Gators.

Seamus
1/5/2007, 04:40 PM
Gonna have to go with the Home of the Original Visor. I like Florida because I hate the Criminoles and the Cocaines, and anything that hurts those two bitch-bivouacs makes Seamus smile.

F is for F--- florida state and Crimami, so Go Gators!

85sooners
1/5/2007, 04:43 PM
go gators

Rocker
1/5/2007, 04:47 PM
Gators

StormySooner-IN
1/5/2007, 04:52 PM
Buckeyes. Born in Cleveland area, lived there till I was 8, so I actually lived there most of my life. Plus I hate the overrated SEC.

Otherwise I don't care,

BOOMER SOONER!

Harry Beanbag
1/5/2007, 05:42 PM
Florida

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 05:52 PM
The only interest I have is due to my bowl pool. If Cincy and USM win and I'm still in the running, I'll be for UF so's I can win a whopping $36.
If I;m out of it..... hmmmm, tough call,
Hate SEC,
Never liked any Fla team
But Like Urban Meyer,
Like underdogs (except BSu)
Can't stand Tressel,
Never too fond of tOSU
But not sure if I want to hear BSu yelping about being undefeated and deserving because they beat the Apollo-Creed-Goliath-Juggernaut-Powerhouse-Monster- Red Menace that we suddenly became 4 weeks before the corn chip bowl.

Maybe I'll read a spy novel.

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 05:53 PM
Ive decided
I want a game with at least 4 lead changes in the final 90 seconds.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2007, 06:14 PM
Nat. Championships in football: tOSU 5, Fla 1! GO GATORS!!!

OUinFLA
1/5/2007, 06:29 PM
TUSooner is such a whiney wishey washy wimp.

Gators - the peoples choice.

kevpks
1/5/2007, 06:39 PM
I hate the SEC...Go Buckeyes!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2007, 07:40 PM
I hate the SEC...Go Buckeyes! It doesn't bother me that another NC for tOSU will put them within one of the Sooners' tally. fixed.

guzziguy
1/5/2007, 08:10 PM
Florida. Haven't liked anything Ohio's State U has tried since their legendary coach threw that legendary punch at an opposing athlete.

RacerX
1/5/2007, 08:29 PM
Florida.

proudsoonergal
1/5/2007, 08:32 PM
I'm rooting for a good game. Fortunately, the repercussions of this year's MNC game versus last year's are much better.

soonerrn
1/5/2007, 08:34 PM
Have to go with Ohio. Family is in Florida and they are already giving me such grief!! I will sooooo not live it down it they win! May have to go into hiding!!
LOL

soonerboomer93
1/5/2007, 11:34 PM
I'll take Florida for $1000 Alex

Soonerus
1/5/2007, 11:41 PM
I will be for who is ahead, could change my position several times during the game....

sendbaht
1/6/2007, 12:05 AM
Leaving work early and just watching the game... Really don't care who wins.

Jack T.
1/6/2007, 12:27 AM
Really don't care. . .but I'd like to wake up on Tuesday and find out Florida won. Just because. Shut people up about tOSU.

goingoneight
1/6/2007, 12:37 AM
Ohio State wins, and the SEC shat will hush up finally.

Florida wins, well that wouldn't surprise me to see such a squirelly season end that way. Not that I'm hating on BSU, I just think a lot of teams got disrespected for Neuter Dame love and ESPN hype.

TUSooner
1/6/2007, 01:21 AM
TUSooner is such a whiney wishey washy wimp.

Gators - the peoples choice.

Dude - If you'd pay attention and learn to read, you'd know that have made it crystal clear:
I am absolutely firmly and conclusively

undecided.

Unless I change my mind.

Octavian
1/6/2007, 02:49 AM
Easy pick for me....

With 3 years left, still thinkin' about Team of the Decade status:

I'm goin' for Florida b/c I don't want anyone to win a second BCS crystal ball this decade unless it's us...

Oklahoma
Miami
Ohio St.
LSU
USC
Texas

Go Gators.

...but I think tOSU will win by at least a touchdown

Since71ASooner4Life
1/6/2007, 06:14 AM
I'm born in Columbus, live in Detroit, and root for the Buckeyes except under (2) conditions:

1) they are playing the Sooners
2) they are playing Michigan, while Michigan is in the running for the NC while we are clearly not.

All that said, I'm convinced Florida wins. I never believed TOSU was the #1 team after sending (5) 1st round picks to the NFL. The Michigan game made both teams look not so great. And the Rose Bowl made Michigan look really not so great. Wisconsin (12-1) getting outplayed and barely beating Arkansas further convinced me Big 10 is overrated, and SEC's best beats their best. I'll get plenty of disagreement to this prediction, but believe Florida wins rather handily - by probably 10 to 14 points.

sendbaht
1/6/2007, 10:19 AM
Re: Ohio State vs. Florida / Who's rooting for whom?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy pick for me....

With 3 years left, still thinkin' about Team of the Decade status:

"I'm goin' for Florida b/c I don't want anyone to win a second BCS crystal ball this decade unless it's us...

Oklahoma
Miami
Ohio St.
LSU
USC
Texas

Go Gators

This is what I needed to read to lean towards someone, now Go Gaters..makes sence.

olevetonahill
1/6/2007, 10:48 AM
I most assuredly , without a doubt be rooting for

More Beer :D :D :D :D

fadada1
1/6/2007, 11:04 AM
since i spent $25K on a piece of paper from UF, i'm pulling for the GATORS!!!!!

Blues1
1/6/2007, 12:04 PM
We want Florida to have the crystal - takes the heat off fiesta = gives Sports writers another story to hype for 6 months.....JMHO.....!!!

OU-HSV
1/6/2007, 12:07 PM
This should be a poll

Ash
1/6/2007, 12:14 PM
since i spent $25K on a piece of paper from UF, i'm pulling for the GATORS!!!!!

I got 500 pieces of paper from Office Max for $5, you should get your money back.

<rimshot>

yeah, it was stupid...I'll be quiet now...

Flagstaffsooner
1/6/2007, 12:37 PM
I most assuredly , without a doubt be rooting for

More Beer :D :D :D :DWell stagger down to the $hit an' Git and buy another 18pk of 3.2 Natty.:D

I'm rootn' for Fla.

Breaking news- Gator attacks Olevet on the way to buy more beer.
http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/Web%20Pages/Gators/Gators%20Photos/Gatorattack-3.jpg

olevetonahill
1/6/2007, 01:09 PM
Well stagger down to the $hit an' Git and buy another 18pk of 3.2 Natty.:D

I'm rootn' for Fla.

Breaking news- Gator attacks Olevet on the way to buy more beer.
http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/Web%20Pages/Gators/Gators%20Photos/Gatorattack-3.jpg

The bastage couldnt wait till On the Way back :mad: . At least then I could have a cold one while he chomps on me :eek:

OUinFLA
1/6/2007, 01:20 PM
Dateline:Gainesville Sat Jan 6, 2007

LOCAL REPTILE DIES FROM FOOD POISONING
F'n Hillbilly found passed out neaby. Authorities await sobering-up to question suspect.

olevetonahill
1/6/2007, 01:23 PM
He aint DEAD , that sombitch is Pickled :D

TUSooner
1/6/2007, 01:56 PM
We want Florida to have the crystal - takes the heat off fiesta = gives Sports writers another story to hype for 6 months.....JMHO.....!!!

That works.

Flagstaffsooner
1/6/2007, 03:21 PM
Dateline:Gainesville Sat Jan 6, 2007

LOCAL REPTILE DIES FROM FOOD POISONING
F'n Hillbilly found passed out neaby. Authorities await sobering-up to question suspect.That was alcohol poisoning. Reptiles have survived over 200 millions years on Earth but now that Olevet is here.....

Monster Zero
1/7/2007, 04:42 PM
I've never been a big fan of the cheating sweatervests, but then I've never been a big fan of the gators.

I hope the gators win, but I don't really have a thought out reason.
I'm like you in a way. I've never had anything against U of F, and I've been an anti-fan of "the other OSU" since the days of Woody Hayes.

Wifey and I will be pulling for Florida all the way.

soonermeteor
1/7/2007, 04:58 PM
I'm conflicted. If Florida wins, then they will have to talk about another "upset" besides us. However, they will probably bring up whether Boise State should be voted as number 1.

If Ohio State wins big, they will complain that Boise State deserved a chance at the national title.

Can they both lose? :D

OUinFLA
1/7/2007, 06:58 PM
It's ok with me if BSU gets the AP #1.
Not likely to happen though.

Mixer!
1/7/2007, 07:14 PM
Gotta support my fark brother Mr. 2 Cents here - Florida.

soonerloyal
1/7/2007, 09:34 PM
I can only hope the Gators aren't jinxed by my rooting for them...

That said - GO GATORS!

OUinFLA
1/7/2007, 10:02 PM
I can only hope the Gators aren't jinxed by my rooting for them...

That said - GO GATORS!

you prolly just made lots of new friends in your new homeland.
:D

devOUt
1/8/2007, 09:32 AM
Gators!
Let the couches burn in the streets of Columbus.

OUmillenium
1/8/2007, 10:26 AM
Not a fan or hater of either team. Probably like Florida a little better than OSU right now.

Gators

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/8/2007, 07:05 PM
Florida.

I'm sick to death of the constant media blah blah about the Big 10.

That conference consists of two good football programs and nine mid majors.

I hope the Gators win by four scores.

StormySooner-IN
1/8/2007, 07:25 PM
Gators!
Let the couches burn in the streets of Columbus.

:les:and ONLY Columbus:eek:...keep it away from my old home.:) And my current home for that matter.:D

OU GENO
1/8/2007, 07:30 PM
No way can i pull for OSU! Go Gaters!

ClintonSooner
1/8/2007, 07:32 PM
**** em' both!

StormySooner-IN
1/8/2007, 07:35 PM
**** em' both!

How'd you get tickets to the Tornado Bowl?:mad::confused:

I like tornadoes!

ClintonSooner
1/8/2007, 07:38 PM
"tornado bowl" is the name of our football stadium, holds 9,200 ( according to the paper, more like 6,000) and is home to very rich high school football, with 14 state championships in the last 40 years.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/8/2007, 10:34 PM
I'm born in Columbus, live in Detroit, and root for the Buckeyes except under (2) conditions:

1) they are playing the Sooners
2) they are playing Michigan, while Michigan is in the running for the NC while we are clearly not.

All that said, I'm convinced Florida wins. I never believed TOSU was the #1 team after sending (5) 1st round picks to the NFL. The Michigan game made both teams look not so great. And the Rose Bowl made Michigan look really not so great. Wisconsin (12-1) getting outplayed and barely beating Arkansas further convinced me Big 10 is overrated, and SEC's best beats their best. I'll get plenty of disagreement to this prediction, but believe Florida wins rather handily - by probably 10 to 14 points.

And Ya'll thought I was a dumb sumbitch didincha?

goingoneight
1/8/2007, 11:43 PM
I'm rooting for Florida, to score at least 55!!! :D

Collier11
1/9/2007, 12:53 AM
And Ya'll thought I was a dumb sumbitch didincha?

I also picked Florida but I picked 24-23...boy was I wrong...lol! I guess we deserve some credit for going out on a limb so come on fellas, wheres the green ;)

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/9/2007, 10:57 AM
I said four scores and I hit it dead nuts perfect.