PDA

View Full Version : So... do the Gators have a chance?

SelmaBamaFan
1/5/2007, 12:26 PM
Discuss...

My take?

If its a low scoring, defensive struggle they have a very good chance. If OSU starts putting points up at will there's no way in hell Florida can keep up. Florida's D is going to HAVE to slow down that OSU offense.

Do I think they can? Meh... hell I dont know.

ClintonSooner
1/5/2007, 12:42 PM
No.

Flagstaffsooner
1/5/2007, 01:03 PM
Nobody gave the potato aggies a chance.

Collier11
1/5/2007, 01:13 PM
This years Florida team reminds me alot of Ohio state against miami in 2002. I picked Florida to win so obviously I think they can, but I see it as a deal where I dont think osu can run on florida so it will be up to Troy Smith and I dont know if he can do it alone. Gators win a close one

TopDawg
1/5/2007, 01:23 PM
Nobody gave the potato aggies a chance.

Well, that's not entirely true.

In my eyes, the SEC has looked better than the Big 10 in bowl games so far. Maybe not by much, but enough to make me think Florida has a pretty good shot. I thought they'd be competitive before the bowl season. Seeing how the bowls have played out makes me think there might be a little more hope there for them.

sooner518
1/5/2007, 01:38 PM
They have a chance. Their defense is pretty darn good and if Leak is on, they're pretty dangerous on offense. If Leak struggles, they look awful though. They're just very inconsistent on offense.

I wonder how much Tebow we will see in this game. It feels like he really didnt play much towards the end of the season. or if he did play alot, he didnt do much.I think we'll see alot of Leak and little Tebow. and I think Percy HArvin gets alot of touches becuase he is probably the most dangerous player in this game not named Ted Ginn

Collier11
1/5/2007, 02:04 PM
Tedd ginn is either the most under-utilized or overrated athletes in the history of cfb. If he is as fast and dangerous as they say, then why the h*ll doesnt he get 15-20 touches a game??

soonerinabilene
1/5/2007, 02:33 PM
florida has played more recently, against better opponents. tosu had trouble with michigan, and they stunk against suc. i think the 50 day layoff will have some rust on them, not to mention that troy has been having to do all the heisman banquets and stuff like that. add to that the fact that urban meyer is an excellent big game coach and i think they have a really good chance to win. of course, it also depends on which chris leak shows up for the game.

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 02:33 PM
My memory is fading. Which team was it that beat Florida?

SelmaBamaFan
1/5/2007, 02:34 PM
Auburn

Socrefbek
1/5/2007, 02:36 PM
Florida can't win because all of Urbans element of trick play surprise was lost when the Bronco played the Sooners.

Ohio State is now ready for any and all types of tomfoolery from the former coach of the Utes.

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 02:37 PM
AuburnOh. Thanks. :)

SelmaBamaFan
1/5/2007, 02:39 PM
Im kinda expecting to see Leak and Tebow in the backfield at the same time for a new wrinkle in the offense. Tebow will be lined up at RB ofcourse.

BermudaSooner
1/5/2007, 02:58 PM
I think Florida wins.

Luthor
1/5/2007, 04:01 PM
tOSU is definitely beatable. If the Meatchicken QB would have been slightly more mobile than a corpse they would have beat tOSU.

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2007, 04:05 PM
florida has played more recently, against better opponents. tosu had trouble with michigan, and they stunk against suc. i think the 50 day layoff will have some rust on them, not to mention that troy has been having to do all the heisman banquets and stuff like that. add to that the fact that urban meyer is an excellent big game coach and i think they have a really good chance to win. of course, it also depends on which chris leak shows up for the game.

They said on Sportscenter that he's not doing as much of that stuff as usual, and he only missed one practice total.

RedstickSooner
1/5/2007, 04:09 PM
I would never, ever bet against a 1-loss SEC team in any bowl matchup.

Except, maybe, when they're up against the likes of USC or Miami or FSU when they're enjoying their heyday.

The reefer leaves are *not* a dynasty-calibre team.

Rocker
1/5/2007, 04:51 PM
yes they do