PDA

View Full Version : So do We get Two Sugar Bowls in 2007-8..??

Blues1
1/5/2007, 11:38 AM
One Sugar Bowl and one BCS Sugar Bowl Championship Game....??

IF So - Forget the first one....Either get the Champ Game or take a lesser Bowl....Let someone else Be the Bad Guy next year.....JMHO...!!

R'

cvsooner
1/5/2007, 11:54 AM
Either that or just win the dang game.

Texas Golfer
1/5/2007, 02:47 PM
There are two Fiesta Bowls this year (OU/BSU and OSU/Fla).

Ash
1/5/2007, 02:56 PM

Ummm...yeah...I don't think that was the question. :confused:

Scott D
1/5/2007, 02:58 PM

IF So - Forget the first one....Either get the Champ Game or take a lesser Bowl....Let someone else Be the Bad Guy next year.....JMHO...!!

R'

yes next year two sugar bowls....the Championship game will be sponsored by Allstate instead of Tostitos next year because of that.

Collier11
1/5/2007, 02:59 PM
I wouldnt mind going back to New Orleans, I had a great time in 03' except for the end result of the game

Paperclip
1/5/2007, 03:20 PM

R'

If we win the conference, but do not qualify for the championship game we'll be back in Glendale.

OSUAggie
1/5/2007, 03:23 PM
I wouldnt mind going back to New Orleans, I had a great time in 03' except for the end result of the game

First Sooner I've ever heard say that (not that I heard it, but whatever).

TheUnnamedSooner
1/5/2007, 03:29 PM
I had a great time in 2003 except for the end result of the game.

yermom
1/5/2007, 03:41 PM
yeah, i didn't even think the fans were that bad...

hopefully we are in The Big Easy next year, but i'll settle for Glendale ;)

OSUAggie
1/5/2007, 03:44 PM
Apparently my 4 Sooner friends are just pu***** and can't handle Cajuns very well.

Phil
1/5/2007, 03:54 PM

Negative. One Fiesta Bowl and one BCS National Championship Game. 2008 = one Sugar Bowl and one BCS National Championship Game. 2009 = one Orange Bowl and one BCS National Championship Game, etc., etc.

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2007, 03:56 PM
LSU fans have a horrible reputation. I saw them live up to it. So did many others here.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8154

Collier11
1/5/2007, 03:57 PM
First Sooner I've ever heard say that (not that I heard it, but whatever).

I had a blast...we only encountered a few jerks the night of the game, the night before everyone was cool. Actually the night of the game everyone told us to stay away from bourbon street but I wasnt going to spend all the money I spent and not go out and enjoy myself so me and my buddy went to Bourbon street and partied with Lsu fans til 7 in the morning. The whole night, other than the random fan that just said LSU#1 or something like that, I only encountered maybe 5 azzes

OSUAggie
1/5/2007, 04:01 PM
They were pretty nasty at the Independence Bowl, but I find that sorta thing fairly humorous, so I don't mind those people. There were quite a few fights between LSU/Alabama and LSU/OSU fans. During the game. In the stands. Throwing nat'l championship rings 30 rows down and then getting drilled in the nose. Quite funny, I thought.

Then the random 54-year-old LSU woman telling an OSU fan to quit cussing "in front of her mother-fu***** son." She appeared to be trailer trash, but I don't judge.

Collier11
1/5/2007, 04:07 PM
The reason I got along with the LSU fans so easy was one of the first guys I met at the bar we stayed at all-night had a shirt on that said "texas is mexican for trailer park"...I liked it so much I made my own shirt this year for OU-tx