Socrefbek
1/5/2007, 11:26 AM
I think this guy is full of his last name :rolleyes:

http://www.kvpress.com/news/news07/070104craig.htm
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Congressional Statement Honors Boise State
Return home

January 4, 2007

Boise State University's victory over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl has now been preserved for history in another national forum: the United States Congress, Idaho Senator Mike Crapo today introduced a Congressional Record Statement applauding the Bronco's efforts, singling out team members, Coach Chris Peterson and President Robert Kustra.

Crapo noted how the team's effort has been mirrored by Boise being named as one of the most inventive cities in the nation over the past year. Crapo visited the Boise State campus in 2003 to present a previous Congressional statement regarding the team's undefeated season. The text of today's Fiesta Bowl Congressional Statement reads as follows:

"Mr./Madam President, if a football victory on New Year's Day is harbinger of things to come, 2007 looks to be a thrilling year marked by success and celebration. Most of my colleagues here know that Boise State University won the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day. This bowl victory completes an undefeated football season (13-0), thanks to the hard work, dedication and love of the game by the Boise State football players, fans, Coach Chris Peterson, his staff, the athletic department and the University Administration. They all worked very hard to reach this remarkable achievement, and they have not only my congratulations, but the congratulations of Idahoans and Americans everywhere.

"Idaho is home to just over a million people and has some surprising secrets, not the least of which has been the five-time defending Western Athletic Conference Champion Boise State Broncos football team. It is a source of tremendous pride to see the team make national headlines, once again, for Idaho in this incredibly positive manner. The victory that barely eluded them in last year's MPC Computers Bowl came riding home, and riding home hard. The Fiesta Bowl game against traditional football powerhouse the University of Oklahoma was college football at its best and the BSU players and coaches came through with some stunning plays. While Boise dominated the first three-quarters of the game, the Sooners came roaring back. The last two minutes of the game were as good as college football gets. When the game went into overtime, the Sooners didn't waste a play-they immediately scored a touchdown to temporarily take the lead. With the game on the line, the Boise State players came through and scored a touchdown along with a thrilling two-point conversion to bring the final score to 43-42, Boise State. Earlier in 2006, Boise was named the 8th most inventive city in the nation. That creativity and innovation was certainly the Spirit of Idaho at its best on the field of play at crunch time and made this dreamed Bronco victory a reality.

"The BSU Broncos are committed to excellence both on and off the field. The players take the energy they generate on the field and spread it throughout the community and state. The extraordinary progress and development of the BSU football program and the entire University stand as a testament to what can be accomplished with leadership, commitment, determination, and, most importantly, teamwork.

"As the nation marvels at the "hook and lateral" and "Statue of Liberty" plays that sealed the victory, I congratulate Coach Peterson, President Bob Kustra, Athletic Director Gene Bleymaier, the entire team, loyal students, alumni and fans on their collective victory which all Idahoans enthusiastically share. I offer a friendly condolence to my colleagues from Oklahoma and I'm confident that their fine program will continue its tradition of excellence. And, I offer this statement as a friendly notice to my colleagues from states that are home to traditional college football powerhouses: that thunder you hear is from our charging Broncos. I look forward to another great season this fall when the Broncos will run again.

© Kootenai Valley Press

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 11:40 AM
Gee whiz, I'm surprised Oregon and Texas didn't do the same thing this year when they got themselves a win over the big bad mean ole mighty monster Sooners. :rolleyes:

Sooner Among The Pack
1/5/2007, 11:46 AM
Clearly the folks in Idaho have nothing better to do.

MI Sooner
1/5/2007, 12:11 PM
I bet someone did enter a statement into the Congressional Record after UT won, and after we won for that matter. The CR doesn't necessarily reflect what was said on the floor, and many congressmen enter numerous commendations of the local boy who made Eagle Scout, the geriatric who completed a marathon, and the local HS softball team that won a state title. It's pretty much a costless way for ********* politicians to get people to like them.

TexasSooner01
1/5/2007, 01:18 PM
Thats Ok...The monster will be back next year!

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2007, 01:27 PM
Do those chickens have large talons?

starrca23
1/5/2007, 01:30 PM
I don't understand a word you just said. Hop you don't mind that I pay you in quarters!

soonervegas
1/5/2007, 01:36 PM
Shouldn't we just take it as a compliment that people get this excited about beating OU and move on? Sometimes we don't act like a fan base that has won 7 National Titles.

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 02:13 PM
Shouldn't we just take it as a compliment that people get this excited about beating OU and move on? Sometimes we don't act like a fan base that has won 7 National Titles.
That's actually not bad logic... but maybe later. ;)

StuIsTheMan
1/5/2007, 02:18 PM
His name is Crapo...really and he got elected to a US senate possition...well it is Idaho...I can't believe none of you caught this...I smell some Farking...off to find source for Picaso...

Vic n Tulsa
1/5/2007, 02:18 PM
Gee whiz, I'm surprised Oregon and Texas didn't do the same thing this year when they got themselves a win over the big bad mean ole mighty monster Sooners. :rolleyes:

Who cares, let them enjoy their day in the sun. I thought we like being the big bad mean mighty Sooners, or we we rather play the Cinderella part???

StuIsTheMan
1/5/2007, 02:24 PM
here ya go....

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/M_IMAGE.101688cd0b5.93.88.fa.7c.8bca6562.jpg

It looks like he just got done taking the best Crapo of his life...

Texas Golfer
1/5/2007, 02:29 PM
Rather than try and work on everything that is wrong with this country, they're wasting their time on "Crapo" things like this.

Socrefbek
1/5/2007, 02:32 PM
His name is Crapo...really and he got elected to a US senate possition...well it is Idaho...I can't bel;ive none of you caught this...I smell some Farking...off to find source fo Picaso...

Thus I said he is full of his last name ... :P

Ash
1/5/2007, 02:37 PM
His name is Crapo...really and he got elected to a US senate possition...well it is Idaho...I can't believe none of you caught this...I smell some Farking...off to find source for Picaso...

Are you sure it's Farking you're smelling?

RedstickSooner
1/5/2007, 04:11 PM
Clearly the folks in Congress have nothing better to do.

Fixed that one for ya :D

OKC-SLC
1/5/2007, 06:47 PM
A couple of things---

I know Sen. Crapo's brother and Crapo is actually a very good guy; go easy on him with the farks etc. But not too easy.

And disappointedly I must tell you that the 'a' in crapo is long--like craypo.

Carry on.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2007, 08:02 PM
I know you guys are rightfully upset that you lost. Boise State fans have been..well...a bit annoying in thinking they are now world beaters.

Nonetheless, cut them a bit of slack. What else can compare to this for either Boise State or the state of Idaho in general? Most of you have already moved on from the game, for Boise State fans they'll be retelling it for the next 20 years.

OK2LA
1/5/2007, 08:54 PM
. . . for Boise State fans they'll be retelling it for the next 20 years.

That my friend - is the rub.