PDA

View Full Version : Boise State...Movie?

mrjeffmaxwell
1/5/2007, 02:49 AM
Could very well be true.

Source = http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=5894769 + Sportscenter

Uh, thoughts?

Seamus
1/5/2007, 03:06 AM
Is Smellsofbourbon somehow involved with this shi te? :mad:

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 05:27 AM
I think I'm gonna puke.... I figured it would happen, but it doesnt make it taste any better.

TripleOption14
1/5/2007, 07:04 AM
Oh God!!! :rolleyes: Let me guess another movie about how the "little" guy beat or almost beat the "big bad" big guy. Did i guess right..... yeah i like it better when it was called Glory Road, or Hooisers, or Rocky, or Friday Night Lights, or Major League, or Mystery, Alaska or.... well you get the picture. I think this story line played itself out YEARS ago!!

On another note; if this does happen it just furthers me thinking that Hollywood has COMPLETELY run out of ideas for movies. Has anyone else noticed this? All the movies now days are either remakes or true stories or comic book movies. There hasn't been an orignal movie idea since........ i can't even remember the last one thats how long its been.

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 07:16 AM
I think its an insult to call BSU "cinderella". These guys didn't suddenly jump to the top of college football. They have had a solid program for a many years. This game will give them the recognition their winning should have given them a long time ago.

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 07:34 AM
As if the bullshlt from the sports media were not fiction enough...<shakes head>
That will not get me to break my movie drought. No movie could top the drama of the reality, unless OU wins in the film. :)

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 08:55 AM
I actually read the article: GAH!
I like where they say the "fever has not faded." It's been like, 4 days?! :rolleyes:

tbl
1/5/2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck06.gif

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck06.gif

Thats fregin great!!

usmc-sooner
1/5/2007, 09:48 AM
guys we get to be the Russians.

genetically enhanced athletes doped on sterioids with bad attitudes, vs the little all natural potato eating, K-Fed looking like QB, a little guy running back who loves his cheerleader girlfriend, and a bunch of kids no one else wanted. They just train their behinds off in the snow.

I bet at the coin toss we say something like We must break you.

usmc-sooner
1/5/2007, 09:52 AM
I guarentee you this either the hook and ladder or the statue of liberty will be run in slow motion without sound.

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 10:03 AM
guys we get to be the Russians.

genetically enhanced athletes doped on sterioids with bad attitudes, vs the little all natural potato eating, K-Fed looking like QB, a little guy running back who loves his cheerleader girlfriend, and a bunch of kids no one else wanted. They just train their behinds off in the snow.

I bet at the coin toss we say something like We must break you.

Exactly.
But I'm eager to see how thay dramatize all those 5-TD wins over Sacramento State, Louisiana Tech et al. so as to keep them from looking like the bully of the WAC.

leavingthezoo
1/5/2007, 10:08 AM
what a suck premise for a movie. they're going to have to do a lot of fictionalization for the "cinderella" slant to be true at the end. like... have them beat a team who is a literal giant for the year, and not a stitched together team in a down conference rising above controversy. since when has cinderella been the undefeated team? give me a break.

i'd rather watch paint peel.

Reincarnate
1/5/2007, 10:17 AM
Can't OU not allow the use of our School name or likeness? That would put a dent in the movie.

SoonerStormchaser
1/5/2007, 10:20 AM
I'm not gonna even speculate as to how infuriated I would be at the mere sight of a movie being made about all this.

trey
1/5/2007, 10:24 AM
I want to play AD

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 10:32 AM
Can't OU not allow the use of our School name or likeness? That would put a dent in the movie.
Helyah. Notre Dame needs to play the villain!

Texas Golfer
1/5/2007, 10:34 AM
This is further proof that the media no longer reports the news, they create the news.

This game was hyped as the "David vs. Goliath". Little BSU against mighty OU. What wasn't mentioned was the fact they were ranked higher than us almost the entire season!

usmc-sooner
1/5/2007, 10:36 AM
the by God Texas Colts

Reincarnate
1/5/2007, 10:53 AM
It's funny how mighty we became right before the game started, we got hardly any respect or rise in the polls during our 7 game win streak.

Blues1
1/5/2007, 11:09 AM
A Playoff is Coming.....

LINK
http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/9905665

OK we are the big ole Bad Guys - So What....Big Bad Guys will be Back...:)
We Keep Rockin'

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 11:22 AM
Oh just lovely. What are they going to call this American dream story; Miracle on the Fiesta Bowl Field[Ice]?

We would forever be the big bad [I][Russians]OU Sooners[Russians] of college football who got beat by the wholesome little underdog [US Olympic hockey team]Boise State Broncos[US Olympic hockey team].

Not once will they mention that we:
A) Lost our starting quarterback amid the stress of a ridiculously long NCAA investigation because of it looming over our heads.
B) Lost the Red River Shootout to Texas; the most important game of the entire year.
C) Lost our Heisman candidate running back and other key players on and off throughout the season to injury.
D) Had to endure weeks of agonizing publicity over an Oregon loss at the hands of some cheating lying referees.
E) That we had so many young players on the team, we were constantly running out of Clearasil.
F) That our team is a member of a conference full of young players on the rise, but fairly inexperienced at the moment.
G) That we were playing a very good and undefeated Boise State team with 1.49999 losses under our belt.

cvsooner
1/5/2007, 11:51 AM
The movie won't happen. First, the story is too well known thanks to Fox and ESPN and others. It might make a TV movie.

Second, unless they do it as a straight forward documentary, they need all kinds of permission/payments/approval from all parties involved, which would include the BCS, the NCAA, the city of Glendale, Ariz., the University of Oklahoma, and so on and so on.

This isn't a matter of "public figures" whereby we have no control over it.

There's just a certain euphoria Bozo State is going through right now. They'll get over it and come crashing back to earth next season.

Anybody remember that Fresno State crushed USC in the Holiday Bowl back in 1995? Anybody outside of Fresno State and USC, that is?

Anybody remember that Fresno State nearly pulled off the upset in 2005 over USC?

This too shall pass...

trey
1/5/2007, 12:17 PM
it was the freedom bowl at anaheim stadium. i was scared to death because i thought the stadium was going to crumble. all of the fresno st. fans were jumping up and down in unison, making the upper deck look like a wave was coming in.

cvsooner
1/5/2007, 12:22 PM
See, I didn't even remember what bowl game it was. Shows you how much staying power there is to this kind of thing.

Fraggle145
1/5/2007, 12:27 PM
"I do believe this is a story that transcends football. It's a story about courage," said Zang.

Please.

TexasLidig8r
1/5/2007, 12:28 PM
See, I didn't even remember what bowl game it was. Shows you how much staying power there is to this kind of thing.

This one may be different.

The non-BCS conference schools I'm sure are going to be all up in arms now (See... we are 2 - 0 in BCS bowls including a win over the conference champion which brought the national champion the year before!) and demand changes to the BCS.

Pandora's box may have been opened. :(

Fraggle145
1/5/2007, 12:30 PM
On another note; if this does happen it just furthers me thinking that Hollywood has COMPLETELY run out of ideas for movies. Has anyone else noticed this? All the movies now days are either remakes or true stories or comic book movies. There hasn't been an orignal movie idea since........ i can't even remember the last one thats how long its been.

Hollywood could reveal that Zabransky is gay... :cool:

cvsooner
1/5/2007, 12:43 PM
This one may be different.

The non-BCS conference schools I'm sure are going to be all up in arms now (See... we are 2 - 0 in BCS bowls including a win over the conference champion which brought the national champion the year before!) and demand changes to the BCS.

Pandora's box may have been opened. :(

Oh, I'm not saying this isn't the end of the BCS or the bowl system and the start of playoffs. It might very well be, particularly when the WAC is 3-1 in bowl games this year with the only loss by a point. (And one of the wins is only a point, also, and that doesn't happen if the officials make the right calls on the last three plays...does anybody else suspect the officials just didn't want to have to award that fumble to OU on an overturned review? Could we have had a little more controversy this season? Follow that up with Zabransky's motion penalty on the TD play and the outrageous holding on the defensive end on the 2-pt. conversion...but I digress. We could've won it and should've but didn't.)

I suspect, though, Hollywood won't think there are enough potential tickets to sell, at least at this point. A certain amount of time has to pass before you'll get anybody interested in this. A producer inquiring as to the rights isn't all that unusual, but I doubt you'll see it on the big screen any time soon. Maybe a TV movie...maybe...and even that is doubtful. Too many rights holders who have to say "okay." I can't imagine Boren or the University of Oklahoma trustees ever signing off on this.

OK2LA
1/5/2007, 12:49 PM
Helyah. Notre Dame needs to play the villain!

They'd jump at the chance:

Lose an overtime thriller as opposed to -

Getting slaughtered, dismantled, and embarassed again.

cvsooner
1/5/2007, 12:53 PM
Please.

Exactly. Courage? That was on the other side of the field this year. BSu has simply positioned themselves, very well, I might add, as the underdog, the Cinderella team, even though the record belies the perception.

The biggest thing they have going for them is the name. Boise State? Who the hell is Boise State?

soonervegas
1/5/2007, 01:43 PM
As long as they take a little creative license and have the running back yellling "Popadics!" repeatedly while attempting to be interviewed...then I am all for it.

StuIsTheMan
1/5/2007, 02:13 PM
Oh just lovely. What are they going to call this American dream story; Miracle on the Fiesta Bowl Field[Ice]?

We would forever be the big bad [I][Russians]OU Sooners[Russians] of college football who got beat by the wholesome little underdog [US Olympic hockey team]Boise State Broncos[US Olympic hockey team].

Not once will they mention that we:
A) Lost our starting quarterback amid the stress of a ridiculously long NCAA investigation because of it looming over our heads.
B) Lost the Red River Shootout to Texas; the most important game of the entire year.
C) Lost our Heisman candidate running back and other key players on and off throughout the season to injury.
D) Had to endure weeks of agonizing publicity over an Oregon loss at the hands of some cheating lying referees.
E) That we had so many young players on the team, we were constantly running out of Clearasil.
F) That our team is a member of a conference full of young players on the rise, but fairly inexperienced at the moment.
G) That we were playing a very good and undefeated Boise State team with 1.49999 losses under our belt.

Being a Sooner Fan aside...this sounds like a much better movie....

AimForCenterMass
1/5/2007, 03:13 PM
Hollywood could reveal that Zabransky is gay... :cool:

When my wife first saw Zabransky, she immediately said he looked fruity. With the right earring and head band, he looked the part.

Pricetag
1/5/2007, 03:22 PM
Three words.

Straight
To
DVD.

OUstud
1/5/2007, 03:53 PM
See, IF they make this a movie, which an above poster correctly said probably won't happen, it will probably play out like this: OU is portrayed as winners of 20 straight games, although they will be called Oklahoma Tech. Boise State will be portrayed as a team coming off of numerous injuries, suspensions, and maybe even a death or two before the season. They roll off an undefeated season under the direction of Coach Chris Petersen, who is revealed to have terminal cancer. As mentioned by Fraggle, Zabransky comes out in the huddle before the statue of liberty play, and BSU wins. :(

Fraggle145
1/5/2007, 04:10 PM
When my wife first saw Zabransky, she immediately said he looked fruity. With the right earring and head band, he looked the part.

As mentioned by Fraggle, Zabransky comes out in the huddle...

At least we all agree on two things... (1) Zabransky, no matter what color jersey he wears, plays for the pink team and (2) That Hollywood has a literal hard-on for gayness

jacru
1/5/2007, 04:13 PM
It would sell at least 1.3 million copies (population of Idaho). :D

Fraggle145
1/5/2007, 04:21 PM
It would sell at least 1.3 million copies (population of Brokeback Mt.). :D

fixed. :cool:

85sooners
1/5/2007, 04:42 PM
:pop:

soonerspudman
1/5/2007, 04:57 PM
Great game, but a movie....? Since when does the number 9 team beating the number 7 team as a 7 point underdog represent a compelling enough event to immortalize on film? I suspect cooler, more sensible head will prevail...

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/5/2007, 05:15 PM
why don't they make one about the ksu-tejas or tejas-aTm games?

josh09
1/5/2007, 07:09 PM
Could very well be true.

Source = http://www.fox12news.com/Global/story.asp?S=5894769 + Sportscenter

Uh, thoughts?

kill me now

BudSooner
1/5/2007, 09:44 PM
Mark it down, Matthew MacOnaGay will play the Boise coach, Zabransky,Ian,and Popsalottadicks. oh, and he will also play the groundskeeper in honor of Dennis Hopper "I told ya about 'dem Okies, they run them thar trick plays...."

He will also produce/direct/cameraman/catererererererwhatever/fluffer/sheep humper coordinator/tater gigger......

josh09
1/5/2007, 09:46 PM
Thats exactly what i first that after seeing this thread.

Besides the kill me now thing, of course.

Skysooner
1/5/2007, 09:56 PM
.....and 1984 made BYU a consistent champion. They had 14 5th year seniors, a weak conference, an easy schedule and a one-shot chance for an upset. I will go on record to say that this will be the highlight year for BSU. I doubt they go undefeated again unless they happen to play a 6-5 Michigan team in a bowl game.

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 10:41 PM
.....and 1984 made BYU a consistent champion. They had 14 5th year seniors, a weak conference, an easy schedule and a one-shot chance for an upset. I will go on record to say that this will be the highlight year for BSU. I doubt they go undefeated again unless they happen to play a 6-5 Michigan team in a bowl game.
They have nowhere to go but down. :cool:

Scott D
1/5/2007, 10:45 PM
this thread is worse than any of franklinguy's posts

TUSooner
1/5/2007, 10:48 PM
this thread is worse than any of franklinguy's posts
Oh yeah?!
You should see the rant I didn't post. ;)

but really, this national BSu hysteria is what makes the loss so bad, IMHO

Scott D
1/5/2007, 10:52 PM
Idaho is in for the rough stuff when they discover in two months nobody cares, because the media will be back to swinging on this year's version of George Mason's nuts.

sooner KB
1/6/2007, 02:28 AM
So who plays Stoops?

1/6/2007, 06:50 AM
I want to play AD

Only if I can play Jorvorskie Lane in the sub-plot.

CrimsonandCreamForever
1/7/2007, 01:28 PM
What I wanna know is what's gonna happen in 5 years after spending the $35 mil on the stadium and no one comes to games anymore? I mean, recruiting to Stillwater and Lincoln must be bad enough, imagine blowing those highschool kids out of the water with a visit to Boise, Idaho. :rolleyes:

meoveryouxinfinity
1/7/2007, 02:17 PM
Not exactly what I'd call entertainment value. If you want to watch something, watch the damn game.

tommieharris91
1/7/2007, 02:24 PM

A movie should be made over that.

MamaMia
1/7/2007, 02:32 PM
So who plays Stoops?George Clooney? :pop:

Spanish Sooner
1/7/2007, 02:55 PM
actually reading this thread, a movie on the OU season would be more entertaining, better games to put in there(the nailbiters, like at Kyle Field), all the emotion and drama, and in the end, we lose, but shows that you cant win em all, but then we show the part where gute shakes the boise state guys hands and they all congratulate the sooners and we go out showing that no matter circumstances befell us in the seasons, we kept our heads high. In rocky I rocky lost so it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. And next year i we win it all, there could be a sequel or in the end it could just say, one year later the sooners captured their 8th national championship. sounds much more entertaining that a movie where boise blows out most of their opponents by 30 points

Blues1
1/7/2007, 03:03 PM
If Somebody has to be The Bad Guy - Might as well be us ----- :)

Don't they say - No Such thing as Bad Pubicity..... ;)

Rock on..

soonerloyal
1/7/2007, 03:04 PM
So who plays Stoops?

With Hollyweird's bizarre judgement and our record of being dissed...I'd guess Mack Brown.

MamaMia
1/7/2007, 03:16 PM
With Hollyweird's bizarre judgement and our record of being dissed...I'd guess Mack Brown.Oh, I should really neg you for that...twice! :eek:

soonermeteor
1/7/2007, 04:53 PM
actually reading this thread, a movie on the OU season would be more entertaining, better games to put in there(the nailbiters, like at Kyle Field), all the emotion and drama, and in the end, we lose, but shows that you cant win em all, but then we show the part where gute shakes the boise state guys hands and they all congratulate the sooners and we go out showing that no matter circumstances befell us in the seasons, we kept our heads high. In rocky I rocky lost so it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. And next year i we win it all, there could be a sequel or in the end it could just say, one year later the sooners captured their 8th national championship. sounds much more entertaining that a movie where boise blows out most of their opponents by 30 points

I like it. :D

There is no movie to be made. They were not an underdog according to the BCS even though they act like beating a decent oklahoma team after switching a wide-receiver to QB is akin to beating all 7 national championship teams at once.

That was no Rudy, Glory Road, We are Marshall, or Remember the Titans. There was a lot more behind those stories ( *cough* race *cough*) than a football team who won the freakin' fiesta bowl.

Spanish Sooner
1/7/2007, 05:50 PM
If they do make a Boise State movie I think they should call it

Smurf Turf: The Movie