PDA

View Full Version : So, lingering 'Bama Fans...

goingoneight
1/4/2007, 11:43 PM
... whatdya think about your new coach Nick " Not Sayin' " Saban? Personally I don't know if he'll really do much, but meh... I think the guy's only "championship" came on a season where he played a down SEC schedule and got lucky OU was tripping over themselves. USC probably would have stomped them, IMHO. This is going to be funy, though... if Alabama starts running off win after win, how badly ****ed off the Alabama Aggies and Fightin' Lesters fans get... :D

2007 prediction: bowl eligible, little better offensively. And that's a "bold" prediction. :cool:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2007, 01:19 AM
I expect Saban to smoke Tubberville in recruiting, right off, and have a better team than the bammer aggy in 2-3 years.

OklahomaTuba
1/5/2007, 08:52 AM
He seems to be a pretty good recruiter from what I remember. While the SEC might have been down in 2003, that LSU team was really good.

We still should have won that damn game, ****in Chuck Long.

Sooner in Tampa
1/5/2007, 09:00 AM
The dudes record speaks for itself. He has never had a losing season as a college coach...and that includes Meechigan State.

I think 'Bama overpaid, but I also think Saban will win and win often.

OklahomaTuba
1/5/2007, 09:12 AM
You know Lester is ****ting his britches about now that Saban starts competing with him in recruiting. No doubt that Bama will be getting some kids of LA.

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 09:26 AM
I hope Nick can rally that team together enough to beat LSU, and he had better start beating Auburn, or theres more money where that came from. ;)

southern sooner
1/5/2007, 12:11 PM
he will be solid, he is not a fluke....

SelmaBamaFan
1/5/2007, 12:19 PM
I am excited just as every Bama fan, but realisticly the SEC is no walk in the park. Coach Saban has his work cut out for himself.

If he can get our OL and DL in the weight room (or kick their fat asses off the team), we'll be 200% better next year.

proudsoonergal
1/5/2007, 12:21 PM
Two things:

1) I think he will do well. Definitely bowl game next year....I haven't looked at the schedule, but probably 8 wins (I can think of several games that Bama should have won this year and didn't - Arkansas and Miss State spring immediately to mind).

2) It will be amusing to see LSU, Alabama, and Auburn knock each other out of the MNC game because they have to play each other every year. The SEC West will be brutal in the next few years.

SelmaBamaFan
1/5/2007, 12:23 PM
Two things:

1) I think he will do well. Definitely bowl game next year....I haven't looked at the schedule, but probably 8 wins (I can think of several games that Bama should have won this year and didn't - Arkansas and Miss State spring immediately to mind).

2) It will be amusing to see LSU, Alabama, and Auburn knock each other out of the MNC game because they have to play each other every year. The SEC West will be brutal in the next few years.

Nutt has a full stable of kids coming back next year as well... not to mention that damned RB of his. The SECW is going to be amazing to watch next season.

TexasLidig8r
1/5/2007, 12:25 PM
lol.. Mack has scoreboard on Saban and...

Texas has undefeated scoreboard on Bama.

:D

Flagstaffsooner
1/5/2007, 01:08 PM
lol.. Mack has scoreboard on Saban and...

Texas has undefeated scoreboard on Bama.

:DDon't you have a brief or something to write?

Octavian
1/5/2007, 01:11 PM
LSU goes to Tuscaloosa next year...

yur-out
1/5/2007, 01:21 PM
Don't you have a brief or something to write?
As opposed to just writing on his briefs (or as lid refers to them, tidy-whities).:eek:

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/5/2007, 01:34 PM
With the coaching staff he's putting together, I think Bama will be a much, much improved team next year. The schedule sets up well in 2007 too, with the biggest SEC games in Tuscaloosa.

Last of all, talentwise, Shula's "we're really close" mantra wasn't too far from the truth. The team is very young and depth will be an issue for a year or two. But the last two recruiting classes had quite a few studs in them.

jthomas666
1/5/2007, 02:37 PM
What do we think about Saban?

Saban’s hired, are you listening,
On the air, Finebaum’s misting.
A beautiful sight,
We’re happy tonight
Walking in a Saban Wonderland.

On the quad I think we’ll build a bonfire
And burn the jumbo package plays to ash.
Terry Saban walks by, and we say “Hi, there!”
And she says “We will kick Ol’ Tubby’s A**!”

Later on, on ESPN,
In their drinks we’ll be peeing.
“The Tide’s coming back,
You guys are on crack”,
Walking in a Saban Wonderland.

Does that give you an idea? ;)

Luthor
1/5/2007, 03:44 PM
Just remember what Mr. Spock told the fiance of his future ex-wife. "You may discover after a time that having a thing is not nearly so pleasant as wanting".

Signed:
Merc Saban

TheHumanAlphabet
1/5/2007, 03:56 PM
I hope Nick can rally that team together enough to beat LSU, and he had better start beating Auburn, or theres more money where that came from. ;)

That is probably more key than people think. Same with OU/Texas...

When people are "fearing the thumb" and stuff, then you know you need to beat "bammer aggie"!!!

Saban comes out and beats aubie in a year or two, he will probably have a job there as long as he wants...

RedstickSooner
1/5/2007, 04:06 PM
One of the biggest things Saban brought to LSU was discipline amongst the players - and this at a school where Laissez les bons temps rouler is the defacto motto.

He's a kick-arse recruiter, and he instills great discipline in his players. He's the perfect coach for any SEC gig with a natural recruiting base. In other words, he'd do well at LSU, Bama, Georgia, or Florida, and possibly at Ole Miss.

Tennessee, Arkansas, and the Carolinas don't have the in-state talent to be as competitive, IMHO.

jthomas666
1/5/2007, 04:13 PM
Just remember what Mr. Spock told the fiance of his future ex-wife. "You may discover after a time that having a thing is not nearly so pleasant as wanting".Well, Spock also said "Illogic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smells bad." :rolleyes:

Sooner fans wanted Stoops. They got Stoops. Last time I checked, they still enjoyed having Stoops.

TheCapstone
1/13/2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21876

Spray
1/13/2007, 03:47 PM
The dudes record speaks for itself. He has never had a losing season as a college coach...and that includes Meechigan State.

I think 'Bama overpaid, but I also think Saban will win and win often.

You mean the record that averages 4 losses per season. 4 of his 5 teams at Mich. St lost at least 5 games. 4 of his 5 teams at LSU lost at least 3 games.

I completely agree that 'Bama overpaid, and for their sake, Saban needs to improve on his track record. Personally, I think he's a great recruiter and motivator, but the results don't bear out the hype.

Season by season:

2004 Louisiana State 9-3
2003 Louisiana State 13-1
2002 Louisiana State 8-5
2001 Louisiana State 10-3
2000 Louisiana State 8-4
1999 Michigan State 9-2
1998 Michigan State 6-6
1997 Michigan State 7-5
1996 Michigan State 6-6
1995 Michigan State 6-5-1
1990 Toledo 9-2
College career record 91-42-1

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 04:44 PM
Nick Saban will do nothing with Alabama...look at Spurrier and SC...average

Readyfor8
1/13/2007, 05:06 PM
There is a reason no Coach has ever won a National Championship at two schools. Because it's really fricken tough, not to mention that a NC pretty much guaranteed your job for life, and coaches got alot longer time period to improve and NFL Coaches rarely came back to College, and...

Nevermind, with coaches like Coker, Spurrier, and Saban back in the College Coaching game, one of them will be the first to win an NC at two seperate universities.

Rammer, Jammer, Yellow Hammer, Give em Hell Alabama... Roll Tide.

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 05:09 PM
i would be happy with a coach that can win more than one at the same school...OU