PDA

View Full Version : 63% of moderators say...

GottaHavePride
1/4/2007, 07:51 PM
the "Walker should have stepped out of bounds with that INT" line of reasoning makes our banning fingers itchy.

:pop:

SoonerStormchaser
1/4/2007, 07:57 PM
Why do you hate Marcus Walker?

josh09
1/4/2007, 08:07 PM
I thought it was an outstanding play. And whoever said that is just stupid. We should have stopped them on the freaking 4th and 18. Gawd that just makes me mad every time i mention that.

Jeronimo
1/4/2007, 09:39 PM
a player in crunch time of a big game is not thinking "i gotta get out of bounds" after snatching a pick that would most cases be a game winner.

soonerhubs
1/5/2007, 12:34 AM
100% of me Said Walker made a hell of a play and he finished on it with a pick 6.

All_Day_28
1/5/2007, 12:59 AM
100% of me Said Walker made a hell of a play and he finished on it with a pick 6.
^^^^^

Widescreen
1/5/2007, 12:59 AM
WHY COULDN'T HE HAVE JUST STEPPED OUT OF BOUNDS1111!!!!11!!!

goingoneight
1/5/2007, 01:27 AM
If Walker steps outta bounds, what tells us they don't still get their hook-and-lateral touchdown with the time they have left? Walker went for six, not three, which is what you do in college football, go for six... not three. Besides, OUr last game that came down to a field goal was the game we got blocked on.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/5/2007, 02:16 AM
If Walker steps outta bounds, what tells us they don't still get their hook-and-lateral touchdown with the time they have left? Walker went for six, not three, which is what you do in college football, go for six... not three. Besides, OUr last game that came down to a field goal was the game we got blocked on.

well because you see, we'd have 5 downs (due to the way the clock now works) with only a minute left on the clock and they only had 2 timeouts.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/5/2007, 07:56 AM
How is he supposed to know Boise State would convert a 4th and 18 at that point? Taking it for six and maybe pausing at the goal line for a few seconds is the safe play to make at that point.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/5/2007, 08:16 AM
the "Walker should have stepped out of bounds with that INT" line of reasoning makes our banning fingers itchy.

:pop:

What's wrong with the other 37% ?

BermudaSooner
1/5/2007, 08:23 AM
I don't think he should have stepped out of bounds, but it is ironic that had the review showed him stepping out of bounds, we probably would have won the game.

Stepping out of bounds when you have a sure TD is on par with allowing an opponent to score a TD so you can get the ball back.

rainiersooner
1/5/2007, 08:33 AM
Oh we have really been reduced to painful mental gymnastics to ease the pain of this game now haven't we?

tbl
1/5/2007, 08:57 AM
I hadn't even thought of that until now. I highly doubt a dude that just intercepted it and all he sees is endzone is thinking that either. I had been asking for a pick 6 all night and I got it.

Soonrboy
1/5/2007, 09:14 AM
But, my gawd, how friggin exciting was it watching him run it back.

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 09:20 AM

:pop:Try vitamin E lotion.

soonerlaw
1/5/2007, 10:03 AM
After he returned that TD and we went up by 7, how many of us were thinking "Oh, we just won the game" versus "damn, he should have stepped out so we could run down the clock and hopefully make a field goal." It just wasn't our night and hindsight is 20/20. He made a highlight reel play to put us up by 7, couldn't ask more from MW.. he's a beast.

OSUAggie
1/5/2007, 10:12 AM
This is the difference between OSU and OU fans... err, at least one of them. Poke fans would have been thinking about him stepping out of bounds or falling down as soon as he touched the ball, just in case something stupid happens for the opponent, at least we'd theoretically be in control of the situation by possessing the ball (although we'd probably throw our own pick-6 on the first play, or just run a dive up the middle 3 times and attempt a 45-yarder to win that ultimately gets blocked and run back for a TD). Sooner fans want the points/lead now, and then just stop them on D for the W.

It's a fundamental difference between a fanbase that has been fu**** with for a bit more than a century and a fanbase that has had lots of sunshine over that time.

leavingthezoo
1/5/2007, 10:14 AM
who goes for a contested three when you have an uncontested touchdown. though it's convenient for hindsight, c'mon.

stoopified
1/5/2007, 10:28 AM
Stepping out of bounds would have been stupid.

Fastlane
1/5/2007, 11:02 AM
63% of the time, it works every time!

Seamus
1/5/2007, 12:07 PM
63% of the time, this comment -- the "Walker should have stepped out of bounds with that INT" line of reasoning makes our banning fingers itchy -- makes me think of:

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/h/images/harold-and-kumar-go-to-white-castle-5.jpg

FaninAma
1/5/2007, 12:14 PM
I'm just wondering why Walker didn't stop short of the goal line and run laterally back and forth for about 20 more seconds until someone from the BSU team went after him thereby burning off precious seconds off the clock and preventing BSU from having even 53 seconds on their final drive?

Just wondering. :cool:

orangekaje
1/5/2007, 12:16 PM
Umm...because a BSU player was about 3 feet from him when he ran into the endzone?

ocsooner
1/5/2007, 05:37 PM
63% of the time, this comment -- the "Walker should have stepped out of bounds with that INT" line of reasoning makes our banning fingers itchy -- makes me think of:

I didn't think we had such a good picture of the Z-Dork and his possy.:eek:

OKC-SLC
1/5/2007, 06:56 PM
But, my gawd, how friggin exciting was it watching him run it back.
I know. That last few minutes was without a doubt the most emotionally up and down experience watching a football game I can remember.

Sooner Magic for sure, those last couple of minutes up until and including that.

And then, alas, a game (like Oregon, like the first half of BSU game) goes down to having to make a stop with a minute left, and we prevented ourselves from winning.

GottaHavePride
1/5/2007, 11:59 PM

I've never seen that movie, so I have no idea if I should be insulted or not.

Of course, I also don't give a rat's *** either way.

soonerboomer93
1/6/2007, 12:21 AM
If you didn't give a rat's ***, why'd you reply slappy?

GottaHavePride
1/6/2007, 12:37 AM
I don't know - I was hoping there would be something more amusing in here. ;)

Paperclip
1/6/2007, 12:40 AM
You know, all the guy said was, "if he would have stepped out of bounds." As in, if he was trying to stay in, but with his momentum carrying him to the sideline he was unable to avoid stepping on the white. Nobody ever suggested he should have intentionally stepped out.

FaninAma
1/6/2007, 12:49 AM
Umm...because a BSU player was about 3 feet from him when he ran into the endzone?

No sweat. He could have juked him a little.

Big Red Ron
1/6/2007, 12:55 AM
You know, all the guy said was, "if he would have stepped out of bounds." As in, if he was trying to stay in, but with his momentum carrying him to the sideline he was unable to avoid stepping on the white. Nobody ever suggested he should have intentionally stepped out.Actually there have been more that a couple say he should have ran to the five and juked around thus killing time and kicked the winning field goal.

GottaHavePride
1/6/2007, 12:58 AM
Well, I haven't banned anyone for it. Yet... ;)

Seriously, the comment has been in several threads recently and it looks more idiotic every time I see it.

Seamus
1/6/2007, 04:37 AM
I've never seen that movie, so I have no idea if I should be insulted or not.

Of course, I also don't give a rat's *** either way.

:cool: check it out ... funny film. and when you do, I'll take my ban like a man.

No, make that a Scotsman! :D

GrapevineSooner
1/6/2007, 11:30 AM
Of course, had our offense turned the ball right back over or missed a potential game winning FG at the end of regulation...

I'm from the school of thought that if the opportunity to score is there, you take it. Because you may not get that chance, again.

Given that choice 10 times, I'll tell Marcus to stay inbounds all 10 times and put it in the hands of our defense to win the game. It just so happened that Boise State converted a ridiculous play to tie the game and put it into OT then converted two more in OT to win it.

It happens.