PDA

View Full Version : A hint of AD's decision?

8timechamps
1/4/2007, 02:15 PM
I got in late Tuesday night from Phoenix, and have come to terms with the loss. As many of you posted, I too had a great time. The BSU fans were good folks (with the exception of a few drunks).

Anyway, as we were on the shuttle from the rental car center to the airport, I sat next to the parents of a player (that I will not name), this player doesn't start for us, but he will. He was in the same class as AD, and is pretty close to him.

Anyway, I tallked to this player's dad and we talked about the game and what the players were feeling like afterward. He said they had a nice reception for the players and their families after the game and for the most part, the team still kept their heads up.

So, I ask him what he thinks about AD, and he said (in a way that made it seem like he had it from a very good source....AD's dad), that AD was going to enter the draft. He told me that ADs mom really wanted him to finish his degree, but had said to him at the reception that he could always go back and do that.

Either way, I'm just glad we had a chance to see him in a Sooner uniform.

It was petty cool to talk to the parents of this (unnamed player). They said he is really up on the future of the team, and can't wait to play. It just made me forget about the loss and look forwarad to next year.

MamaMia
1/4/2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the tidbit of information. No matter what he decides, I sure do wish him well. He has certainly been a big plus for us, but when a great player leaves, I always remind the kids that we did very well before he came and we'll do just fine without him. :)

Paperclip
1/4/2007, 02:27 PM
When he scored in OT the thought struck me that I had probably just witnessed his last carry as a Sooner.

TUSooner
1/4/2007, 02:35 PM
1. It's great to hear you are up and about!
2. I'm happy to learn that the players have kept their heads up and are looking forward to next season
3. uhhh... I forget #3, so BOOMER SOONER!

sooner518
1/4/2007, 03:12 PM
good to know that his last carry as a Sooner was a great TD run

starrca23
1/4/2007, 03:14 PM
I hope he goes to a team that will give him a chance to show what he can do.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/4/2007, 03:25 PM
It was petty cool to talk to the parents of this (unnamed player).

Hmm, I was unaware I had any kids that played for OU, come to think of it, I don't remember talking to you or this whole incident :confused: ;)

cjames317
1/4/2007, 03:50 PM
When he scored in OT the thought struck me that I had probably just witnessed his last carry as a Sooner.

And it was a touchdown! Kinda sweet!

tpatton
1/4/2007, 03:54 PM
A good post. I personally have mixed emotions, both selfish and greedy. If he stays, I know he helps the team, but I kept seeing how much LESS of a team we played like when he was in there compared to when he wasn't. Am I the only one who sees this? Finally, I think with AP and Brown returning, the RB game will not drop off much, and it may help the new QB develop by putting some of the offensive responsibility on his shoulders.

Paperclip
1/4/2007, 03:57 PM
It's hard to imagine you get better by losing Adrian Peterson, but the fact does remain OU was undefeated this season without him, for whatever reason.

fwsooner22
1/4/2007, 04:23 PM
We will be fine and so will he...........Billy Sims is still on top

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 04:41 PM
good to know that his last carry as a Sooner was a great TD run

I've heard that one before... seems like it was a few months ago...

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:10 PM
One thing that doesnt come up much is that AD has not only been a great player for OU, but a great ambassador. He doesnt get in trouble outside of one time for not going to class which all college kids do at some point, he is very well spoken and polite, and he is a great symbol of unselfishness from a superstar. I really hope he has one more year, being healthy for a whole year behind this line I would expect 2,000 yds and I dont think that is being overly optimistic, and we would have a shot to let our new qb settle in and make a run at the natl title. Either way though, good luck to him!

Widescreen
1/4/2007, 05:15 PM
being healthy for a whole year behind this line I would expect 2,000 yds and I dont think that is being overly optimistic
I would've thought the same thing until the NU and BSU games.

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 05:19 PM
Who plays (and how effective they are) @ QB will probably have a lot to do with how "successful" the line is with their run-blocking.

setem
1/4/2007, 05:26 PM
I hope we can find a good home for him and who ever he ends up with will treat him nice.

AD's Needs:

I nice house to put a warm bed in so he does not get cold at night.

3 hot meals a day! How would you feel if you only got eat 1 time a day?

Some toys to play with.

and most of all LOTS OF LOVE!

THAT IS IT!!! WE CAN'T LET HIM GO! NO ONE WILL TREAT HIM LIKE WE DO!

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:26 PM
I would've thought the same thing until the NU and BSU games.

keep in mind that before he got hurt he was on pace for over 2100 yds, if you look at mizzou and osu patrick had some runs that he was just tripped up on that AD usually takes to the house. We would be dynamic with those two in the backfield, then we could redshirt Brown and have madu and murray moving around all over the field. It would be nice anyways

SoonersEnFuego
1/4/2007, 06:43 PM
I think he'll go pro.
But I'm not really worried because we'll have AP, Chris Brown, and Demarco Murray to take the carries. They're not as good as AD overall. But they're pretty damn good. I think we'll be pleased next year.

TXBOOMER
1/4/2007, 06:55 PM
0% chance that he come's back. If he is not in love with going to class, why go. Also, Stoops will tell him to go.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 07:19 PM
Bob???

yermom
1/4/2007, 07:35 PM
it would be nice if he came back, but i don't have anything hinged on it. i'm not going to say we won't miss him, but we have bigger holes to fill in other positions

i'll root for him no matter who he is playing for next year

stoopified
1/4/2007, 08:25 PM
I support ADs decision either way.