PDA

View Full Version : Good to see there's a new tone being set in Washington

Widescreen
1/4/2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070104-120948-2278r.htm

A new Congress convenes today with a narrow Democratic majority lording over a despondent Republican minority.
While the full weight of Republicans' powerlessness sinks in after 12 years of control, Democrats are celebrating the historic election today of the first female speaker of the House.
"We have waited over 200 years for this time to come," Mrs. Pelosi said on the eve of her selection as speaker, a position that makes her second in line to the presidency after Vice President Dick Cheney.
"We will not just break through a glass ceiling, we will break through a marble ceiling," she said. "In more than 200 years of history, there was an established pecking order -- and I cut in line."
After calling herself "the most powerful woman in America," Mrs. Pelosi flexed her right muscle like a weight lifter to much applause at an event yesterday titled a "women's tea."
"All right, let's hear it for the power," she screamed as the jubilant applause continued.

:rolleyes:

SoonerInKCMO
1/4/2007, 11:42 AM
Good grief. The woman is nuts. :shakeshead:

soonerscuba
1/4/2007, 12:18 PM
Well, she is the most powerful woman in America if you think about it. She just usurped Condi. However, she is still nuts.

BeetDigger
1/4/2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah yeah Nancy, you're the speaker, blah blah blah. Goody for you. Now, after you get through flexing that right arm of your's, could you run into the break room and bring me back a cup of coffee and a danish.

Sincerely,

Ted Kennedy

picasso
1/4/2007, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry but anyone named Nancy is not the most powerful woman in America, unless she has eye popping chalupas that is.;) I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, I'd give that title to Oprah. But, hot chicks have more power than they think.:O

Widescreen
1/4/2007, 01:26 PM
Seriously though, I'd give that title to Oprah. But, hot chicks have more power than they think.:O
So you're saying Oprah's hot?

;)

picasso
1/4/2007, 02:41 PM
So you're saying Oprah's hot?

;)
heh.

hmmmm, how much coin she have again?:D

crawfish
1/4/2007, 04:47 PM
Thank goodness it's about principle and not power. :rolleyes:

Widescreen
1/4/2007, 10:50 PM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7474/hmwp5nr3.jpg

OklahomaTuba
1/4/2007, 11:45 PM
And just think, the guy in charge of the Senate and 3rd in line for the Presidency is a former KKK Klansman.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/5/2007, 02:26 AM
And just think, the guy in charge of the Senate and 3rd in line for the Presidency is a former KKK Klansman.My goodness, why is it the MSM isn't all over that like stink on s*it?

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2007, 02:41 AM
And just think, the guy in charge of the Senate and 3rd in line for the Presidency is a former KKK Klansman.

I came very close to joining the John Birch Society in my younger years. I'm not equating the JBS to the KKK, but I'm saying a lot of people join and do things in their youth that may not always be positive.

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 10:10 AM
Mrs. Captain Insano

usmc-sooner
1/5/2007, 10:15 AM
I came very close to joining the John Birch Society in my younger years. I'm not equating the JBS to the KKK, but I'm saying a lot of people join and do things in their youth that may not always be positive.

did you have a problem meeting women?

1/5/2007, 10:49 AM
I came very close to joining the John Birch Society in my younger years. I'm not equating the JBS to the KKK, but I'm saying a lot of people join and do things in their youth that may not always be positive. One should not politically survive a membership in the KKK. He will be third in line for POTUS.

BoomerJack
1/5/2007, 12:43 PM

I thought the guy in charge of the U.S. Senate was the Vice President. Was/is Dick "Buckshot" Cheney a member of the Klan?

Flagstaffsooner
1/5/2007, 12:54 PM
Menonpausal women should not be allowed to drive, much less be a leader of a superpower.;)

soonerboy_odanorth
1/5/2007, 02:37 PM
We'll see just how powerful she is if she continues to bray like a jackass instead of working hard to build consensus. Someone needs to remind her that her party majority in Congress is a very narrow one, with many of those Dems being far more moderate in their political leanings than she; and, she still has to deal with the man she dubbed a "moron" and who still happens to hold ye ol' veto pen, however reluctant he has been to use it.

Oh, and lest you think I'm but a card-carrying member of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club, I simply submit this to you for your consideration:

Could you ever envision the Hon. Libby Dole comporting herself in this manner?

Leadership is about image, and I for one could do without the hysterics.

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 02:40 PM
I think it's funny how all of a sudden the bitch is into "bi-partisan politics" when a couple months ago it was "**** the neocons may they all burn in hell - well if there was a hell because I really can't believe in that whole fairy tale."

OklahomaTuba
1/5/2007, 03:16 PM
I thought the guy in charge of the U.S. Senate was the Vice President. Was/is Dick "Buckshot" Cheney a member of the Klan?

President Pro-Tempore.

And Cheney isn't a donk, which this thread is about, keep up. :D

1/5/2007, 06:07 PM
I thought the guy in charge of the U.S. Senate was the Vice President. Was/is Dick "Buckshot" Cheney a member of the Klan?Is this US Public School wisdom, or where do you get these ideas?

swardboy
1/5/2007, 10:22 PM
Did anyone think Denny Hastert was the most powerful man in the world?

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2007, 10:47 PM
Did anyone think Denny Hastert was the largest man in the world?

Yes.