PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody hear this...

SoonerBK
1/4/2007, 09:19 AM
My dad who is back home already was telling me that towards the end of the game Josh Heupel was reading the defense, and calling in some plays. True or False? If true that is pretty cool.

starrca23
1/4/2007, 09:24 AM
The announcers said something to that effect, I don't know if it is true or not. I would let him call plays, but i don't know if he has enough experience to be a cordinator yet.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/4/2007, 09:29 AM
How would the announcers know for sure if he were calling the plays or simply signalling them in? Not saying it wasn't the case because it could be true but the vantage point from the booth would be superior to the sidelines (in most cases). I'm more than OK with Heupel being involved in calling plays though. He might be young but he can probably x and o with about anyone.

OUHOMER
1/4/2007, 09:30 AM
i think what he is doing is looking over the D when they setup and calls an audible. he does it every game.

sooner518
1/4/2007, 10:41 AM
i would imagine KW was up in the box calling the audible in to Heupel.

it sure was nice when we had Heupel calling those plays on the field himself

Texas Golfer
1/4/2007, 11:15 AM
We don't know and the announcers don't either. They said a lot of things just to hear the sounds of their voices.

The_Red_Patriot
1/4/2007, 12:46 PM
I cant wait to see what Heupel does with these qb's

That man knows offense

soonerspudman
1/4/2007, 01:01 PM
You could see this clearly on several plays, JH was getting a call down from the booth based on BSUs alignment/personnel, then signalling into PT. Seemed to just do this on a handful of plays, I'm sure they know what they're doing but it seemed to break the O's rythem as they all stood around at the line while the play came in, the scrambled to get the play off with about 5 seconds left on the play clock...

OklahomaTuba
1/4/2007, 02:11 PM
Dude needs to be reading his scale @ home.

I bet he has packed on about 150 lbs since his playing days.

Seamus
1/4/2007, 02:21 PM
Can't help but wonder why a lot of folks around here seem obsessed with the weight of other men. :twinkies:

OklahomaTuba
1/4/2007, 02:28 PM
Can't help but wonder why a lot of folks around here seem to think one post about someones weight equals being obsessed with it.

Seamus
1/4/2007, 02:42 PM
Touche' ... but it just seems that a lot of people like to talk about weight around here. Makes one think we have a community of Brad Pitt-lookin' dudes or something, and perhaps the pix from the Tilted Kilt weren't really representative :D ... just sayin' ...

cvsooner
1/4/2007, 03:25 PM
We worry about their health. Honestly, I mean, I keep waiting for the Mark Manginos and the Philip Fulmers to just keel over on the sideline sometime.

Harry Beanbag
1/4/2007, 05:39 PM
It looks like Mangino has packed on a couple of Josh Heupels since his playing days.

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 05:46 PM
Someone said Mike/Mark Stoops were coaching on the sideline during the game. Any truth to that?

The Maestro
1/4/2007, 06:17 PM
Touche' ... but it just seems that a lot of people like to talk about weight around here. Makes one think we have a community of Brad Pitt-lookin' dudes or something, and perhaps the pix from the Tilted Kilt weren't really representative :D ... just sayin' ...

Well, then I guess you ignored the one of me, Sam and Boones!

blackbeauty02
1/4/2007, 06:28 PM
Dude needs to be reading his scale @ home.

I bet he has packed on about 150 lbs since his playing days.

now that there was funny...don't care who ya are

On the topic though...I didn't HEAR any of this but I did SEE Heupal doing it.:)

goingoneight
1/5/2007, 12:01 AM
Someone said Mike/Mark Stoops were coaching on the sideline during the game. Any truth to that?

Cheering, like AD did for AP the last few weeks of the season when he was injured. Like Toby Keith does. Bob Stoops will kick your *** off the sideline if you try to interfere with his players' game. Trust me, I saw Jerry Bomar get ****ed at Bob during the 2005 Kansas game!!! :D

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 05:41 AM
Someones name rhymes with peeeenus...:D :D

mikeyp
1/5/2007, 05:43 AM
venus?

stoopified
1/5/2007, 10:44 AM
Genus?

Seamus
1/5/2007, 11:35 AM
Actually, it's pronounced "Shay-mus," so it really rhymes a little more with "Terry is an ignoramus."

It's a traditional Irish Gaelic name, so congrats to you on being so clever, Mr. Someone's Name Rhymes With Fairy TeeHeeHee. :rolleyes:

So, how has the first week back from the holidays been at Imbecile Junior High?

Hamhock
1/5/2007, 11:41 AM
deloris?

Seamus
1/5/2007, 12:08 PM
Mulva?

proudsoonergal
1/5/2007, 12:25 PM
This thread is making me laugh. Thanks guys.

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=Seamus]Actually, it's pronounced "Shay-mus," so it really rhymes a little more with "Terry is an ignoramus."

[QUOTE]

LMAO, great response, :D

Thanks for the good laugh, my coworkers are lookin at me like I'm insane:eek:

Yes, if I dish it out, I can take it...

SoonerTerry
1/6/2007, 06:18 PM
This was my first thread hi-jacking..... I believe it has been a complete success.. tank you for playing:D

OUTrumpet
1/6/2007, 09:46 PM
Sure looked like it. We almost get several delay of game penalties while they were signaling the play in.