PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Fiction

orangekaje
1/4/2007, 02:15 AM
One of the best movies ever!

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ***.

SoonerTerry
1/4/2007, 05:17 AM
I like all of Q's movies that I've seen, except fot the kill bill movies.

Rook65
1/4/2007, 08:59 AM
So, what do you think was in the case? I say it was the diamonds from Reservoir Dogs.

BeetDigger
1/4/2007, 11:02 AM
Marcellus' soul

Viking Kitten
1/4/2007, 11:14 AM
QT is one of my favorite directors. One thing I love about him is that his signature habit of jacking with the chronology of the storyline has not become stale or cliched. He has used it to great effect in all his movies, including the Kill Bills, which were awesome. I still love Reservoir Dogs the best though.

BoogercountySooner
1/4/2007, 11:42 AM
Marcellus' soul

Yip or something like his Mojo!

Taxman71
1/4/2007, 01:04 PM
Pulp Fiction was an instant classic and in the all time top 5. However, its real appeal is attracting more attentionto Reservoir Dogs and True Romance.

I personally have come to appreciate True Romance as the #1 QT flick. The dialogue is unmatched with Pulp Fiction being #2.

yermom
1/4/2007, 01:39 PM
True Romance is highly underappreciated. check out the cast if you haven't seen it.

Pulp Fiction changed the way i watched movies, it's atop my personal list of films

Rook65
1/4/2007, 01:42 PM
Marcellus' soul

So that's why he has the band-aid on his neck?

yermom
1/4/2007, 01:47 PM

actually, Ving Rhames has a HUGE scar there. i think they were just covering it up

you can see it in that weirdo Ice Cube/Liz Hurley movie set in Africa

Rook65
1/4/2007, 01:53 PM
I'm also happy about the upcoming sequel to LA Confidential.

dolemitesooner
1/4/2007, 02:33 PM
saying pulp fiction is great is like saying I **** at least ever other day

tbl
1/4/2007, 02:40 PM
He didn't direct True Romance, just wrote the screenplay. I'm sure you knew that... Same thing with Natural Born Killers.

BeetDigger
1/4/2007, 02:41 PM

Yes. The kids who took it, "Check out the big brain on Brett", were supposed to be agents of the devil.

King Crimson
1/4/2007, 02:49 PM
the motif of the glowing suitcase QT borrows from an old Mickey Spillane/Mike Hammer film: Kiss Me Deadly. though, there, it's some kind of nuclear device.

but all the sleazy, B movie film noir stuff is great.

the_ouskull
1/4/2007, 05:29 PM
Tarantino's own response to what is in the briefcase: An orange light hooked up to a battery.

the_ouskull

setem
1/4/2007, 05:35 PM
I like Pulp Thompson better!

skycat
1/4/2007, 05:39 PM
Jackie Brown is by far my favorite QT movie.

Noone seems to agree with me though.

yermom
1/4/2007, 06:05 PM
i need to pick up Jackie Brown, i don't like it nearly as much, but it's good

i can't believe i don't have Kill Bill, i'm actually kinda ashamed

MamaMia
1/5/2007, 10:01 AM
I didn't like that Pulp Fiction movie at all. My son loved it so well that he bought it.

After standing in line for over an hour during my college years, My girlfriend and I walked out on The Godfather too. The horse head in the bed thing was a little over the top for us back then.:P

SoonerTerry
1/5/2007, 10:05 AM
Jackie Brown is by far my favorite QT movie.

Noone seems to agree with me though.

I loved Jackie Brown too.... but I can't call it my favorite QT movie.

I think True Romance holds that spot for me..

tbl
1/5/2007, 10:13 AM
Jackie Brown definitely has some greatness to it. The soundtrack is genius. That scene where Samuel L. Jackson gets in the car after shooting that dude and pops in "Strawberry Letter 23" by Brothers Johnson is one of the coolest uses of a song in a movie.

BTW, that song is straight badness. Download it if you don't have it already.

TMcGee86
1/5/2007, 06:00 PM
I like all of Q's movies that I've seen, except fot the kill bill movies.

why do you hate the orientals?

DustySooner
1/5/2007, 06:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, QT was supposed to be working on a movie about the story of Vega brothers. Kinda like a prequel. Don't know if it fell through or not, but I'm pretty pumped about it when he finishes it.

For those of you that don't know:
Michael Madsen - Vic Vega in Resevoir Dogs(Mr. Blonde I believe)
John Travolta - Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction

soonerboomer93
1/5/2007, 06:25 PM
There's been off and on rumors of the Vega Bro's movie but I don't think it's every been finalized

DustySooner
1/5/2007, 06:41 PM
There's been off and on rumors of the Vega Bro's movie but I don't think it's every been finalized

Yeah that's what I thought. I hope they decide to go with it.

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2007, 06:54 PM
Update and Trailer: Grindhouse:cool:

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1544416/10302006/story.jhtml

Check out Rose McGowan's machine gun leg!:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6l-InqDHmA

tbl
1/5/2007, 09:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, QT was supposed to be working on a movie about the story of Vega brothers. Kinda like a prequel. Don't know if it fell through or not, but I'm pretty pumped about it when he finishes it.

For those of you that don't know:
Michael Madsen - Vic Vega in Resevoir Dogs(Mr. Blonde I believe)
John Travolta - Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction
I've seen both of those movies countless times, and I never made that connection. I've noticed that he does re-use a lot of character names in his movies, but I never noticed that one.

DustySooner
1/5/2007, 09:50 PM
I've seen both of those movies countless times, and I never made that connection. I've noticed that he does re-use a lot of character names in his movies, but I never noticed that one.

I know for the longest time I didn't know that either. I don't think there was a hint dropped in either movie, so it would be hard to make that connection. I think I found out by a QT interview about the movies or something. Interesting nonetheless.

Canyonero
1/6/2007, 01:29 AM
were supposed to be agents of the devil.
that's what I always heard. the code on the briefcase was 666. that's also why they weren't killed "God came down and stopped the bullets" because they were saving a soul.

Rook65
1/8/2007, 02:15 PM
that's what I always heard. the code on the briefcase was 666. that's also why they weren't killed "God came down and stopped the bullets" because they were saving a soul.

Don't forget "Fox Force Five" since F is the sixth letter of the alphabet. Also, did you notice how bad things happened to Travolta whenever he went to the restroom?

C&CDean
1/8/2007, 02:19 PM
Sheez, isn't one POS QT thread enough?

yermom
1/8/2007, 02:27 PM
just because you don't understand his movies doesn't mean they suck ;)