PDA

View Full Version : We really should have hoped....

outuba
1/4/2007, 01:21 AM
stupid post.....still tired from trip.

BASSooner
1/4/2007, 01:25 AM
I know what you mean but, that won't change anything. Everything has been set and done. Personally, I would like to see a change on the football team and the coaching staff.

AzianSooner
1/4/2007, 01:25 AM
Ditto to that BAS.

GottaHavePride
1/4/2007, 01:29 AM
that on Marcus Walkers interception for a touchdown that he had stepped out of bounds. If he had done that, it would have given our offense a minute and fifteen seconds to get down the field and get a touchdown or a field goal and run more time off the clock. If neither of those happen then we head into overtime anyways. We were already into FG range and could have centered up and run out more time or gone for the TD and just take away as much time as possible.

I still think this is the most idiotic line of reasoning I have ever seen. There is absolutely NO ****ING WAY anyone could have foreseen that game ending as it did. Everyone watching that game thought Walker had iced the game. Give credit to BSU for not folding right then. Suggesting that at the time anyone could predict that running out more clock and settling for 3 instead of 7 would be a better option is thoroughly asinine.

Big Red Ron
1/4/2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah, this is poor logic. We were tied at the time. You take the easy points every time. Period.

starclassic tama
1/4/2007, 01:40 AM
then what if we fumble the ball and give it back to boise only to have them drive down and kick a game winning field goal with the clock expiring? everyone would be on here saying what was marcus walker thinking

RedGiant
1/4/2007, 01:43 AM
Yes, it's very hard to imagine doing that because it's hard to imagine getting beaten by a hook and ladder with 30 seconds left to play and the statue of liberty in overtime. NOW THAT'S hard to believe. Not in your wildest dreams would you think of those things.

Big Red Ron
1/4/2007, 01:43 AM
Yes, it's very hard to imagine doing that because it's hard to imagine getting beaten by a hook and ladder with 30 seconds left to play and the statue of liberty in overtime. NOW THAT'S hard to believe. Not in your wildest dreams would you think of those things.nope

Sooner in the Bluegrass
1/4/2007, 01:45 AM
Yes, and with all due respect to outuba, a pick-six at that point in a game is a throat punch to the other team 99 times out of 100 (e.g., Lehman's pick-six in 2001 against UTerus on the Superman play, which happened with considerably more time left in that game, but Chrissy and the rest of the cows were done thereafter . . . and everyone watching could just sense that). I was convinced that we had just won the game after Walker's pick and return, and no amount of time would be enough for BSU to get back the momentum.

And that's how it works 99 straight times. On that other 1 out of the 100, the other team doesn't give up and pulls a hook and ladder out of their *** to turn 4th and 18 into overtime.

Crimsontothecore
1/4/2007, 07:07 AM
I still think this is the most idiotic line of reasoning I have ever seen. There is absolutely NO ****ING WAY anyone could have foreseen that game ending as it did. Everyone watching that game thought Walker had iced the game. Give credit to BSU for not folding right then. Suggesting that at the time anyone could predict that running out more clock and settling for 3 instead of 7 would be a better option is thoroughly asinine.
I agree. I wonder if that whole "stepping out of bounds" thing has ever, ever been done intentionally in the history of the game? I seriously doubt it.
I have a question for everyone who is now saying Walker should have stepped out of bounds:
When you saw him intercept the pass, were you yelling "Step out of bounds!" :confused:

cvsooner
1/4/2007, 12:27 PM
No. But it would have been terrific if he had run to the goal line and then just stood there waiting for the pursuit to catch up. Cross the goal line at the last sec and take time off the clock. How's that for heads up play? If he had been able to burn ten seconds off the clock...we might be talking about the Sooners' great victory.

The_Red_Patriot
1/4/2007, 12:32 PM
Its dumb logic

YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN!

THAT PICK 6 WAS A SURE TD

If you step out of bounds you risk a turnover or a missed field goal

4TH & 18 GUYS---

thats all im saying

cvsooner
1/4/2007, 12:35 PM
I probably should have put "sarcasm alert" in my previous post.

Widescreen
1/4/2007, 12:36 PM
(e.g., Lehman's pick-six in 2001 against UTerus on the Superman play, which happened with considerably more time left in that game, but Chrissy and the rest of the cows were done thereafter . . . and everyone watching could just sense that).
The difference is that after Lehman's TD, we were up by 11, not 7. It WAS over at that point.

cvsooner
1/4/2007, 12:37 PM
I think the original point of the possibilities of that play were that it wasn't all bad if they had ruled Walker stepped out of bounds, which is what some of us feared in the first place. We'd still have the ball, run a couple of plays, send Hartley in. He makes it, we win. He misses, we go to overtime.

In hindsight some are thinking it would've been better to not take the touchdown. Which is just nigh on to foolish.