PDA

View Full Version : A huge gaping crater!!!!

Mongo
1/4/2007, 01:13 AM
And I am not talking about 1TC's anus.

We stopped on the way back at the Meteor Crater outside of Flagstaff.
Almost 2.5 miles around the rim. Over 4000' across. Between 550' to 700' deep(several figures given at the museum).

A shot from an observation deck of the opposing side.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/Picture200.jpg

The center of the crater. They did several core jobs to test the geology. You cant see it, but there is a 6' cut out of an astronaut and a 3X5 American flag on the fence surrounding the center.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/Picture201.jpg

And here is a photo off the boy in our hotel in Scottsdale. I have other photos from the hotel, but you will have to pay for those.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/Picture222.jpg

Anytime you hillbillies are around there, I suggest yall visit it. It was really cool.

1stTimeCaller
1/4/2007, 01:25 AM
we also know it's not Howzit's anus, otherwise it would be filled with gerbils.

proud gonzo
1/4/2007, 01:47 AM
is it related to the giant bloody crater Mjcpr named Earl?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3194/dsc000054pl.th.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc000054pl.jpg)

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2007, 01:51 AM
I have other photos from the hotel, but you will have to pay for those.

How much?

Tailwind
1/4/2007, 03:12 AM
And you didn't even stop by to say hello? Boo!!!

SoonerTerry
1/4/2007, 05:16 AM
Mongo like big holes..:D :D

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:03 PM
Man, that place was a rip off. We drove out there on the way back too, but there was no way we were paying $15 a piece to see some hole in the ground. I asked the ticket lady if we could just see the hole for free if we promised not to learn anything, she said no....

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:05 PM
Did you guys go past montezuma's castle though, it was only $5 and you could totally walk right past the ticket lady and not pay! It was pretty cool too.

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:07 PM
Man, that place was a rip off. We drove out there on the way back too, but there was no way we were paying $15 a piece to see some hole in the ground. I asked the ticket lady if we could just see the hole for free if we promised not to learn anything, she said no....

I agree, the price was really steep to take a gander. But I got back at them, I clogged the restroom toilet, so they are gonna earn that $30 my family paid for by unclogging the SOB.

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:08 PM
Did you guys go past montezuma's castle though, it was only $5 and you could totally walk right past the ticket lady and not pay! It was pretty cool too.

Didnt see the place, where was it at?

Jerk
1/17/2007, 09:10 PM
You ever....wonder what happens when an astronaut farts in his space suit?

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:12 PM
Didnt see the place, where was it at?

It was just off I-17 between Phoenix and Flagstaff

I think we exited at highway 279

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:14 PM
I think i remember seeing a sign. What was it? Oh, and your post is worthless without pics:D

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:15 PM
I am at work and don't have my pictures with me, but...

http://misheli.image.pbase.com/o4/02/90302/1/53266403.1992AZMontezumasCastle2218C.jpg

you get the idea

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:16 PM
Also stopped off at the Petrified forest and got me some petrified wood. :D

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:16 PM
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

"A penetant man kneels!"

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:18 PM
heh, The place was pretty cool, even cooler knowing I totally didn't pay!

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:18 PM
Also stopped off at the Petrified forest and got me some petrified wood. :D

I had my wife going about those fake dino's were petrified, and they just painted them to draw attention to the forrest

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:20 PM
Just know that if you kneel the blade on the floor will go in front of you, and the blade that is in the wall will go above you, then you can just roll away!

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:22 PM
I had my wife going about those fake dino's were petrified, and they just painted them to draw attention to the forrest

That is great, I had a hard time explaining to my buddy and my lady that yes, the rocks used to be trees, no they are not just rocks that kind of look like trees. I never even thought about trying to say the Dino's were real :D

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:30 PM
Yes, but you have to realize who I was kidding with. I spotted a jackrabbit once and pointed it to her. She said, "Nuh uh, jackrabbits have horns."

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:34 PM
wow, you win! I only get stuff like "You mean the meteor didn't hit like a few years ago cause I swear I heard something about it" from my lady. I am glad she doesn't get on these boards, she would hit me sooooo hard

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 09:47 PM
ya cheap bastage !

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 09:48 PM
Yes, but you have to realize who I was kidding with. I spotted a jackrabbit once and pointed it to her. She said, "Nuh uh, jackrabbits have horns."

That's just silly.

Those are jackalopes.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:49 PM
ya cheap bastage !

Hey, I am a college student, of course I am cheap. I was just glad we remembered a friend who had moved out to Mesa so we didn't have to sleep in the car while we were out there.

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:52 PM
That's just silly.

Those are jackalopes.

I know, my jaw just dropped. But she is a big Bob Saget fan

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:53 PM
Did you come in through Tucson?

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 09:55 PM
heh, The place was pretty cool, even cooler knowing I totally didn't pay!
So your saying you helped to Increase the future price of admission by NOT payin 5 bucks ?
Plus you Stole a part of OUR National Heritage ?
Good on ya :mad:
You sir are NOT :cool:

Mongo
1/17/2007, 09:55 PM
I drove from Lubbock, TX to Phoenix in a shot. Yeah, we went through Tuscon about 2 AM.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:56 PM
So your saying you helped to Increase the future price of admission by NOT payin 5 bucks ?
Plus you Stole a part of OUR National Heritage ?
Good on ya :mad:
You sir are NOT :cool:

First I pay my federal taxes, second I stole nothing! That chunk of rock wood cost me 4 large :D

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 09:58 PM
First I pay my federal taxes, second I stole nothing! That chunk of rock wood cost me 4 large :D
If you say so :pop:

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 09:59 PM
I drove from Lubbock, TX to Phoenix in a shot. Yeah, we went through Tuscon about 2 AM.

Oh, you missed it then. I think the place was called Texas Canyon, but it had a huge rock in it that had the words "Fraggle Rock" painted on it, I almost slammed on the breaks to get a picture. BTW OKC to Phoenix in a shot. I think the yellowjackets and Rockstars almost killed me :D

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:00 PM
If you say so :pop:

Are you questioning me!?

Mongo
1/17/2007, 10:01 PM
Did you listen to any of the radio stations on the way? Holy ****!! New Mexico, for being the chode of America, has some great stations. The KATT and the BUZZ and got **** on The Chode.

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 10:06 PM
Are you questioning me!?
Wasnt a question . It seemed to me kinda like a STATEMENT .
the school you go to , does it have a class in Ethics / morals ?

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:06 PM
Did you listen to any of the radio stations on the way? Holy ****!! New Mexico, for being the chode of America, has some great stations. The KATT and the BUZZ and got **** on The Chode.

Yeah, we wound up having to stop in albuquerque on the way home, NM radio is WAY better than OK radio. They play real new music, go figure.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:07 PM
Wasnt a question . It seemed to me kinda like a STATEMENT .
the school you go to , does it have a class in Ethics / morals ?

I may have slept through that one.

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 10:11 PM
I may have slept through that one.
I think that is kinda Obvious !

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:15 PM
I think that is kinda Obvious !

I would feel bad, really I would, If the sign didn't say "recommended price"
They recommended $5, I open my wallet, see no cash money left and then recommended $0

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 10:31 PM
I would feel bad, really I would, If the sign didn't say "recommended price"
They recommended $5, I open my wallet, see no cash money left and then recommended $0
So then you recommended that since you had been SO over charged . That you should just STEAL from the park :eek:
Im 56
I have Taken My kids to Numerous State and National Parks and historic sites .
I make DAYUM sure they Take NOTHING but Pictures and leave Nothing but footprints
I feel sorry for you :O

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2007, 10:39 PM

My parents did the same thing. They dragged me to every battlefield, monument, plantation, and place of interest in the south. My dad would explain the battles in detail (if there's something about the WONA that he doesn't know I haven't found it yet), and my mother would explain the differing styles of plantation architecture, furniture, etc.

By the end of any trip my dad would expect me to know how the battle of San Jacinta was fought or where the Army of Northern Virginia lines were at Spotsylvania while my mother expected me to know the difference between doric, ionic, and corinthian columns or Georgian style versus Victorian.

I used to really know my ****, but somewhere around 14-15 we stopped making those trips and I've lost a lot of what I knew.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:39 PM
So then you recommended that since you had been SO over charged . That you should just STEAL from the park :eek:
Im 56
I make DAYUM sure they Take NOTHING but Pictures and leave Nothing but footprints

Hold Up, where did I say I took anything but pictures from the National Park. I didn't have the fundage to pay the recommended enterance fee that is true, but all I did was take pictures at the place. I wouldn't take anything from a national park!

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:46 PM
Im 56

If you are referring to the Petrified wood I said I got, I bought it at some place on the way to the Petrified Forest that took debit cards, the ticket place at Montezuma's Castle didn't take cards so I was kinda up sh*t creek if I wanted to see it.

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 10:54 PM
If you are referring to the Petrified wood I said I got, I bought it at some place on the way to the Petrified Forest that took debit cards, the ticket place at Montezuma's Castle didn't take cards so I was kinda up sh*t creek if I wanted to see it.
So that chunk of rock cost you 4 Large ?
Ok
I still say I feel sorry for your parents , or for you which ever the case may be !

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 10:56 PM
My parents did the same thing. They dragged me to every battlefield, monument, plantation, and place of interest in the south. My dad would explain the battles in detail (if there's something about the WONA that he doesn't know I haven't found it yet), and my mother would explain the differing styles of plantation architecture, furniture, etc.

By the end of any trip my dad would expect me to know how the battle of San Jacinta was fought or where the Army of Northern Virginia lines were at Spotsylvania while my mother expected me to know the difference between doric, ionic, and corinthian columns or Georgian style versus Victorian.

I used to really know my ****, but somewhere around 14-15 we stopped making those trips and I've lost a lot of what I knew.

Sic em where did we go wrong with you ?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:04 PM
So that chunk of rock cost you 4 Large ?
Ok
I still say I feel sorry for your parents , or for you which ever the case may be !

and by large, I mean bucks. So get over yourself for my buying a little chuck of petrified wood in some crappy city at some little souvenir shop. But don't feel sorry for me, or my folks alright. I wanted to see one of MY national parks that I stumbled across and didn't have cash to pay the recommended enterance fee. I wasn't going to turn around and drive 20 miles to the nearest ATM to get some cash, nor was I just going to say, "well, not seeing this national treasure this time guys, lets go." No, I decided that I had I right to see the damn thing, and if that ****es you off, than oh well. I learned my leason after that and got $50 bucks out at the next fuel stop because I knew there were more national parks on the way home. I paid to get into the Petrified Forest National Park, it was $5 as well, I didn't pay for the Meteor Crater, $15 times two for my GF was a little more than I cared to spend. I am so sorry that I bought a souvenir and didn't donate.

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2007, 11:09 PM
Sic em where did we go wrong with you ?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why do you say that?

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 11:15 PM
and by large, I mean bucks. So get over yourself for my buying a little chuck of petrified wood in some crappy city at some little souvenir shop. But don't feel sorry for me, or my folks alright. I wanted to see one of MY national parks that I stumbled across and didn't have cash to pay the recommended enterance fee. I wasn't going to turn around and drive 20 miles to the nearest ATM to get some cash, nor was I just going to say, "well, not seeing this national treasure this time guys, lets go." No, I decided that I had I right to see the damn thing, and if that ****es you off, than oh well. I learned my leason after that and got $50 bucks out at the next fuel stop because I knew there were more national parks on the way home. I paid to get into the Petrified Forest National Park, it was $5 as well, I didn't pay for the Meteor Crater, $15 times two for my GF was a little more than I cared to spend. I am so sorry that I bought a souvenir and didn't donate.
Whos Troll are you ?
go back read your Own posts , and then tell ME I shouldnt have came to the conclusions that I did .
You said you pay your taxes and that piece of Rock cost you 4 large
By anyones standard thats $4000
Now If I misunderstood you . I apologize . But I didnt .
You say you are a young college kid , thats cool
actualy what piszed me off was your OH well , flippant attitude . just sayin

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 11:16 PM
Why do you say that?
Cause I wanted to see a friendly face !:cool:
Oh and dont your folks say that to you ?

Mongo
1/17/2007, 11:19 PM
way to go d-bags, the tone for a thread that had many forms of comedy, anecdotes, clogged toilets, Sicem postings, bashing of 1TC anus, has changed for the worst.

Olevet, drink a beer, Havok, steal me some grub, for i am hungry:D

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2007, 11:24 PM
Cause I wanted to see a friendly face !:cool:
Oh and dont your folks say that to you ?

Nope, they think I'm perfect. Seriously.

The week of my HS graduation I come home from school and my mom is sitting on my bed crying and tells me that she and my dad discussed it and agreed that I didn't have to go to college. If I wanted to stay home with them they'd be fine supporting me for the rest of my life.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:26 PM
way to go d-bags, the tone for a thread that had many forms of comedy, anecdotes, clogged toilets, Sicem postings, bashing of 1TC anus, has changed for the worst.

Olevet, drink a beer, Havok, steal me some grub, for i am hungry:D

I hate sarcasm :mad: :D Here, fresh off the klepto wagon :twinkies: enjoy. Plus I am my own troll so, um yeah. An I am sorry for the 4 large thing, it was a joke, for me four bucks is large.

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 11:28 PM

The week of my HS graduation I come home from school and my mom is sitting on my bed crying and tells me that she and my dad discussed it and agreed that I didn't have to go to college. If I wanted to stay home with them they'd be fine supporting me for the rest of my life.

Well that's certainly healthy.

Good for you for getting out and going to school.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:34 PM

What, you turned down free room and board for life, what is wrong with you? :confused: :D

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 11:34 PM

Son you need to come to the OLEVET school of hardknocks
spend 2 weeks then go on to Grad school at Deans school of sticking your arm up to your shoulder in a cows Vagina , till you can smell her grass fresh breath ,
I guaranyandamty In a month Dean and I can make a Man out of Ya or we will Kill ya :pop:

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:37 PM
Son you need to come to the OLEVET school of hardknocks
spend 2 weeks then go on to Grad school at Deans school of sticking your arm up to your shoulder in a cows Vagina , till you can smell her grass fresh breath ,
I guaranyandamty In a month Dean and I can make a Man out of Ya or we will Kill ya :pop:

I am placing my bets on the latter of the two. :D

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 11:38 PM
Once again, I've got $5 that says Sic 'Em comes out of this with a toasted wiener.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:38 PM
I hope Mongo is happy, we now have talk of cow Vaginas

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 11:40 PM
I am placing my bets on the latter of the two. :D
Naw in a months time we can str8in the Boy out :D

Mongo
1/17/2007, 11:42 PM
I hope Mongo is happy, we now have talk of cow Vaginas

I am always happy, and no need for Sicem to head to Dean's to stick his arm up a cowgina. Some of Olevet's lady friends would do just fine

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:44 PM
Naw in a months time we can str8in the Boy out :D

Um, Sic Em, is there something that you haven't told the rest of us? :eek:

Is there a reason you need to made str8? :D

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2007, 11:45 PM
Well that's certainly healthy.

Good for you for getting out and going to school.

Well, it wasn't even a choice. My parents were very very liberal (in the sense of parenting) and hands-off as parental units. The only restraints growing up were self imposed. I'm much too ambitious and focused to have done that.

As for Olevet's suggestion...that would be funny actually. Spend a week up there doing that stuff and keep a running blog of it on the SO. Good times would be had by all.

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 11:45 PM
Sounds a lot like that Paris Hilton show they did where she had to go work on a farm.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:46 PM
Sounds a lot like that Paris Hilton show they did where she had to go work on a farm.

The SicEm Life?

soonerboomer93
1/17/2007, 11:53 PM
Just don't let Sic'em drive the front end loader, but you could let him stand in the bucket at tree trimming time

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 11:58 PM
I am always happy, and no need for Sicem to head to Dean's to stick his arm up a cowgina. Some of Olevet's lady friends would do just fine
And here I thot we was friends , See Iffin I let you come back to the Olevetski resort free again :eek:
Now you need to hope I dont get to drunk and Post those Pics of you Face up in that one skanks gina !:eek: :pop: :twinkies:

olevetonahill
1/18/2007, 12:00 AM
Um, Sic Em, is there something that you haven't told the rest of us? :eek:

Is there a reason you need to made str8? :D
Its preety simple there Bro
Its cause he " DONT KNOW COME HERE FROM SIC EM " :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/18/2007, 12:04 AM
Well, it wasn't even a choice. My parents were very very liberal (in the sense of parenting) and hands-off as parental units. The only restraints growing up were self imposed. I'm much too ambitious and focused to have done that.

As for Olevet's suggestion...that would be funny actually. Spend a week up there doing that stuff and keep a running blog of it on the SO. Good times would be had by all.
NOT a week I said a month :pop:
Would it be " funny " or would it be fun ?
Hell come on sicem , we can be rich .
Not Mike rich , but Cash rich . whos gonna be our camera dud /dudette
Hey PG what ya up to ?

Sooner_Havok
1/18/2007, 12:04 AM
<rimshot>

Sooner_Havok
1/18/2007, 12:05 AM
Dude, I want in on some green, I will be a camera guy

olevetonahill
1/18/2007, 12:19 AM
Other than being a sneaky thief what Other Qualifications do you have ?;)

Mongo
1/18/2007, 12:23 AM
And here I thot we was friends , See Iffin I let you come back to the Olevetski resort free again :eek:
Now you need to hope I dont get to drunk and Post those Pics of you Face up in that one skanks gina !:eek: :pop: :twinkies:

Old man, you just made me gag:mad: :D

olevetonahill
1/18/2007, 12:26 AM
Old man, you just made me gag:mad: :D
What you saying you dont remember ?:eek:
Hell I gag when I look at those pics of you and shankgina !:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mongo
1/18/2007, 12:28 AM
for some reason, I am smelling something very funky, and I dont know why

Sooner_Havok
1/18/2007, 12:29 AM
Other than being a sneaky thief what Other Qualifications do you have ?;)

Umm, I have the ability to work for little or no pay and still think that I am making out on the deal. Oh, and I can hold my breath under water for like two minutes