PDA

View Full Version : Have you all ever noticed...

MamaMia
1/4/2007, 12:37 AM
Have you all ever noticed that when OU is one of the teams playing in National Championship game, that the TV personalities, as well as the entire country, is just a whole lot more pumped up than when we aren't?

Collier11
1/4/2007, 12:46 AM
There are only a few teams that bring the mystique to the natl title game. Those being OU, nd, usc, ohio state, mich...I dont know if there is any other team that gets everyone in a frenzy good or bad like those teams

goingoneight
1/4/2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah, cuz they're holding onto hope someone will embarass us. See Florida State vs. OU pregame show 2000. "If Florida State plays a decent game, little ol' Oklahoma ain't got no chance in this here rodeo..."

They should really just axe all of the commentators and commercials. There are only two teams in the entire country who actaully like this excessive hype, and that's Neuter Dame and SUC. How much fun would it be to just watch a game on TV and hear nothing but the plays called and names announced?

Collier11
1/4/2007, 01:00 AM
How much fun would it be to just watch a game on TV and hear nothing but the plays called and names announced?

So...you dont want the names on the jerseys or you do?? :D :D :D :D :D

Vic n Tulsa
1/4/2007, 11:09 AM
Have you all ever noticed that when OU is one of the teams playing in National Championship game, that the TV personalities, as well as the entire country, is just a whole lot more pumped up than when we aren't?

Oh yeah, last year's NC game was such a downer. I couldn't believe the anouncers, ESPN, etc. just totally ignored the hype? I just wish they would keep replaying that damn thing on ESPN Classic.

Texas Golfer
1/4/2007, 11:13 AM
What p!sses me off are those who say that OU should have blown out BSU when the Sooners were only a 1-TD favorite. If these idiots really believed we were going to blow them away, why didn't they put big bucks on the game and retire?

TUSooner
1/4/2007, 11:33 AM
I know WE feel that way because we're Soonerfans. But I honestly don't think the nation gets any more or less excited over OU than any other team that gets to the big one. In fact, after the "game that shall not be named" in Miami, I'd bet that many people would be LESS excited to see OU in the next BCS championship game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2007, 11:41 AM
I know WE feel that way because we're Soonerfans. But I honestly don't think the nation gets any more or less excited over OU than any other team that gets to the big one. In fact, after the "game that shall not be named" in Miami, I'd bet that many people would be LESS excited to see OU in the next BCS championship game.and the nation's refs are doing their part to keep that from happening.

TUSooner
1/4/2007, 11:46 AM
and the nation's refs are doing their part to keep that from happening.
Let's put it this way, we may have to be the only undefeated team in the nation in order to get voted into another BCS title game.
We're no Notre Dame, but we do give the impression of having been overrated in recent years

Ash
1/4/2007, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah, last year's NC game was such a downer. I couldn't believe the anouncers, ESPN, etc. just totally ignored the hype? I just wish they would keep replaying that damn thing on ESPN Classic.

Say Vic, are you a whorn or a faggie or just some jackass troll?

:pop:

starrca23
1/4/2007, 12:00 PM
down boy!

Ash
1/4/2007, 12:01 PM
this isn't the first manifestation of Vic's troll like behavior

just sayin'

OSUAggie
1/4/2007, 12:16 PM
I'm going with horn

TUSooner
1/4/2007, 12:18 PM
What p!sses me off are those who say that OU should have blown out BSU when the Sooners were only a 1-TD favorite. If these idiots really believed we were going to blow them away, why didn't they put big bucks on the game and retire?
because....

talk
is
cheap.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/4/2007, 07:06 PM
Say Vic, are you a whorn or a faggie or just some jackass troll?

:pop:

I say Meni69 reincarnate.