PDA

View Full Version : Showbiz Pizza Lady

Eddie Money
1/15/2004, 01:16 PM
Does anyone remember this lady at Showbiz Pizza on SW 74th and Walker?

If you were there, I do not need to elaborate.

Eddie Money
1/15/2004, 07:43 PM
Surely, there is someone.

GottaHavePride
1/15/2004, 08:31 PM
I haven't seen a Showbiz Pizza since I was 4.

Eddie Money
1/15/2004, 08:33 PM
I am not going to go into detail, but anyone who went there probably during the entire decade of the 80's knows of this phenomena, and if they were a child, they were probably scarred by it.

Al Gore
1/15/2004, 08:35 PM
WTF......

Eddie Money
1/15/2004, 08:38 PM
I am waiting to see if anyone remembers, then it will be on Dateline. I will give up eventually.

ultimatesooner1
1/15/2004, 10:05 PM
pic?

Eddie Money
1/15/2004, 10:08 PM
pic?

You wouldn't want one if there was.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2004, 10:17 PM
Is that her in your avatar?

Al Gore
1/15/2004, 10:41 PM
Money....what's the deal....give us the story!!! Was she ugy...one arm????

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 08:15 AM
Okay, I give up. There was this large woman in a muumu that would be there every day sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth kinda like Rain Man. The rocking did not stop, she did not look around or eat pizza, she just sat there in her booth, looking down at the table and rocking. She was completely oblivious to all of the wild *** rugrats and their birthday parties.

This in itself was odd, but not something you would remember for 20 years. But that is not all of the story. When the musical robot animals took the stage, or rather, were switched on, this lady went from odd to a character in a David Lynch movie.

Once that Gorilla started kicking out the jams, she gripped the far edge of the booth as though gravity had quit working and started rocking so voilently that I am sure to this day that building has foundational problems. Hair whipping back and forth, grunting, threatening to tear the table out of the ground.

As a child, you are fascinated by this, and yet you try to ignore it because, hey, you don't get to go to Showbiz everyday and you sure as hell don't want to be thinking about rocking lady when you are supposed to be jumping in the ball pit and playing skee ball. So you looked out of the corner of your eye at the tempest in a mumu with the hair flying and try to push it out of your mind and focus on singing Gorillas and a Dog that plays the saxaphone.

Once the music stopped, she went back to the normal, mid tempo rocking, waiting for the band to play those songs again. Then it was time to go play whack-a-mole and try to supress part of the Showbiz Pizza experience.

That is what I was talking about.

NYSooner1355
1/16/2004, 08:55 AM
Hey, I had probably three birthday parties there in the early 80's, not sure if I had them at the one you are talking about (I'm not even sure if there is more than one)...but I sure as hell don't remember this person you are talking about...

I loved Showbiz!! what great memories...

I miss Oklahoma :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 09:05 AM
She was part of the show. Duh, she was a robot too.

NYSooner1355
1/16/2004, 01:53 PM
http://rock_afire.tripod.com/

showbiz website

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 02:18 PM
Wow. The Rock-A-Fire Explosion. That is a fossil!

http://rock_afire.tripod.com/pics/pizzacampics/pizzacam04.jpg

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 02:23 PM
This guy is rebuilding the band setup in his apartment:

http://pub33.ezboard.com/fshowbizpizzacecboardfrm27.showMessage?topicID=312 .topic

It looks like something a serial killer would do.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 02:28 PM
We used to eat pizza at Godfather's then go play the games at Grossbiz.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 02:30 PM

http://pub33.ezboard.com/fshowbizpizzacecboardfrm27.showMessage?topicID=312 .topic

What freaks!

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 02:32 PM
What freaks!

How would you like to go on a date with this guy and then come back to his apartment and see that bigass robot bear on a stage?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 02:39 PM
I can imagine:
He'd have the lights turned down low, we'd be making out on the couch and then the curtains would fly open and that bear would start in with his shtick.

Cam
1/16/2004, 02:42 PM
I can imagine:

He'd have the lights turned down low, we'd be making out on the couch and then the curtains would fly open and that bear would start in with his shtick.[Bad English accent]
Does that make you randy?
[/ Bad English accent]

Cam
1/16/2004, 02:49 PM
What's worse? The fact that at least one guy's building this thing, or that others are admitting to building one as well? That thread's 3 freaking pages long.

Spray
1/16/2004, 02:53 PM
I am disturbed by the fact that there are Showbiz Pizza and Chuck E. Cheese message boards.

And I have a feeling the last thing on Mr. Construction's mind is getting any dates.

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 02:54 PM
It starts out with robot animal bands, then it is making a suit out of womens skin.

I am really dissapointed no one remembers this lady though.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 02:56 PM
we need to troll that site

Spray
1/16/2004, 02:57 PM
I'm not usually the judgmental type but that message board is the center of all dorkdom.

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 02:58 PM
we need to troll that site

So I can steal your idea, right?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 02:59 PM
sure just tell us your user name and give some links

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 03:02 PM
This is going to be good...

BigRedJed
1/16/2004, 03:24 PM
It starts out with robot animal bands, then it is making a suit out of womens skin...
ROTFLMFAO!!

It puts the lotion on its skin...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 05:44 PM
They're serious about letting people post on their site:

Welcome to the Showbiz - CEC Message Board! In order to become a member of our community, you must first be approved by the webmasters. Please send an email to Jasper at [email protected] with "Board Membership" in the subject line and please give a little information about yourself. We would like to know our members before approving them to use our board. If we approve your membership, then you have access to the message board and chat room! Make sure to include what you want your member name to be in the application email. Also ask for information about our new Fan Club!!! Thanks for your cooperation! -Jasper (Assistant Webmaster)

BigRedJed
1/16/2004, 05:47 PM
Ya think maybe Soonerfans posters aren't the first ones who decided to go trolling over there?

Paperclip
1/16/2004, 05:53 PM
Is that her in your avatar?

You don't know Brak?

RacerX
1/16/2004, 06:00 PM
I'd like to thank Eddie Money for this thread.

It's frickin' awsome.

I don't know the Showbiz pizza lady, but I saw a woman and Bowl 66 that I'll never forget.

It was rock and bowl night!

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 06:29 PM
They're serious about letting people post on their site:

Welcome to the Showbiz - CEC Message Board! In order to become a member of our community, you must first be approved by the webmasters. Please send an email to Jasper at [email protected] with "Board Membership" in the subject line and please give a little information about yourself. We would like to know our members before approving them to use our board. If we approve your membership, then you have access to the message board and chat room! Make sure to include what you want your member name to be in the application email. Also ask for information about our new Fan Club!!! Thanks for your cooperation! -Jasper (Assistant Webmaster)

I have already sent them an e-mail expressing my love for Showbiz. I hope they are not SF readers. This is going to be a delicate operation, they are already prepared for it.

I guess I won't start off with cyborg furry fantasies right off the bat, but I will keep you posted.

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 06:32 PM
I don't know the Showbiz pizza lady, but I saw a woman and Bowl 66 that I'll never forget.

It was rock and bowl night!

You can run into some characters at that place, man.

Al Gore
1/16/2004, 06:57 PM
Okay, I give up. There was this large woman in a muumu that would be there every day sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth kinda like Rain Man. The rocking did not stop, she did not look around or eat pizza, she just sat there in her booth, looking down at the table and rocking. She was completely oblivious to all of the wild *** rugrats and their birthday parties.

This in itself was odd, but not something you would remember for 20 years. But that is not all of the story. When the musical robot animals took the stage, or rather, were switched on, this lady went from odd to a character in a David Lynch movie.

Once that Gorilla started kicking out the jams, she gripped the far edge of the booth as though gravity had quit working and started rocking so voilently that I am sure to this day that building has foundational problems. Hair whipping back and forth, grunting, threatening to tear the table out of the ground.

As a child, you are fascinated by this, and yet you try to ignore it because, hey, you don't get to go to Showbiz everyday and you sure as hell don't want to be thinking about rocking lady when you are supposed to be jumping in the ball pit and playing skee ball. So you looked out of the corner of your eye at the tempest in a mumu with the hair flying and try to push it out of your mind and focus on singing Gorillas and a Dog that plays the saxaphone.

Once the music stopped, she went back to the normal, mid tempo rocking, waiting for the band to play those songs again. Then it was time to go play whack-a-mole and try to supress part of the Showbiz Pizza experience.

That is what I was talking about.
F****** wild.....

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 10:59 PM
Lookee what I got!

Your application to http://pub33.ezboard.com/bshowbizpizzacecboard has
been ACCEPTED

Oh Jasper,
To quote the immortal Tupac Shakur,
"You done f***ed up now..."

SweetheartSooner
1/16/2004, 11:32 PM
wow - I would say this has to be the most disturbing board ever. First the scary story EM, next, the disturbing showbiz website. I don't know what to say. I think I need to go pray now or something.

Eddie Money
1/16/2004, 11:36 PM
I am reading this website - Dear Lord, this is GOLD

I have been laughing for 30 minutes strait once I started reading peoples stories. Oh f*** man, my head hurts and I am not even drinking.

SweetheartSooner
1/16/2004, 11:49 PM
wow - i can't believe it. just canNOT believe this! hello clarice...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 11:51 PM
Eddie,
You should ask if all Showbizzes have the lady in the mumu.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2004, 11:55 PM
are you Motorcycle Greggo?

Eddie Money
1/17/2004, 12:05 AM
Hahaha maybe

SweetheartSooner
1/17/2004, 12:06 AM
THIS is going to be good!

Blue
1/17/2004, 12:21 AM
Would you guys leave us alone!

Blue's worlds are colliding! And you're just letting it happen!

Spray
1/17/2004, 11:45 AM
You're my boy Blue!

It just hasn't been said in several weeks. Sorry.

Al Gore
1/17/2004, 12:01 PM
I think it was a plan to keep all the "stoned" people out of there....

SweetheartSooner
1/17/2004, 09:07 PM
any new developments in the showbiz board, em? banned yet?

OklahomaTuba
1/17/2004, 11:22 PM
WTF? Is that board for real?

Blue
1/18/2004, 01:17 AM
Whoa! I got lost over there for about 15 minutes. I especially like the political rants on the off-topic board by a bunch of people with showbiz and chucky cheese avatars. Not here to judge, but whoa.

btw, you're going straight to hell Motorcycle Greggo:)
But as long as you're already going, keep at it. It's pretty funny.

Have you seen the Spiderman Motorcycle?

Spray
1/18/2004, 12:15 PM
My favorite quote:

"ok...............I got those dolls today...and I got the scoop on them....they are mint and never played with. Dook had his original drumsticks and his sticker was at the bottom of the bag. Me being anal I carefully removed the label and put his sticker back on and put the staple back in the same holes. Well heres the deal. They came from an antique store. One of the lady's there told them to replace the Fatz bag because it was all ragged. So she had them all laid out on the table and all with all of there labels carefully unattached. Well the lady freaked and said to just replace te fatz bag and not the rest. So the Fatz bag was replaced with a different type bag. The rest were just stapled back shut. When I opened the Dook to put the sticker on they still have that smell I remember (that new smell). Anyway there awesome...Thought I would share that. Snap,"

Oh, Snap, you wily old dog.

SweetheartSooner
1/18/2004, 12:36 PM
check out the icons you can download. Rock-a-fire EXPLOOOOOOSION!

Eddie Money
1/18/2004, 09:58 PM
SS and SB, I love the icons - although that female cheerleader rat is very creepy. Apparently not to the folks over there, as many of them seem to be quite attracted to her, or it, or whatever. It is disturbing, which is what makes it so funny.

Hopefully I won't get baned right off the bat, but it will take a while before I get too ridiculous if all goes well. I will chronicle my achievments and put them up long after all this is forgotten.

Sooner_Bob
1/18/2004, 10:15 PM
You guys are really starting to scare me . . .

Cam
1/18/2004, 10:16 PM
Are you still going to be Eddie Money over there, or are you going to use a different handle?

Cam
1/18/2004, 10:24 PM
OMG, there's even a fan club...

http://pub33.ezboard.com/fshowbizpizzacecboardfrm27.showMessage?topicID=447 .topic

The fan club's site is down now, but here's the url: http://www.showbizpizza.net/club/index.html

Boarder
1/18/2004, 11:14 PM
Dude, that's too much. I hope your brother's dirt bike was OK after it went through the barbed wire. :D

I wonder what the one dude's landlord has to say about the apartment modification?

Blue
1/18/2004, 11:24 PM
Are you still going to be Eddie Money over there, or are you going to use a different handle?

If you check out the thread "New Guy", you'll see Motorcycle Greggo uses the term, "Rock your face off." Now I don't think the Showbiz guys are smooth enough to use a phrase like that. Unless of course Rhino is a closet Showbiz kid and we've all been unknowingly throwing around Showbiz slang.

SweetheartSooner
1/19/2004, 01:17 AM
Good Lord, that mouse is creepy! hahaha

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/2/2005, 11:52 AM
ttt

mdklatt
5/2/2005, 11:56 AM
ttt

I think somebody's really hungry for some pizza. Or Whack-A-Mole.

soonerscuba
5/2/2005, 12:12 PM
my favorite is on the off-topic board, second page, titled "question about an unused manakin"... simply wow.

Petro-Sooner
5/2/2005, 12:19 PM
I have not laughed this hard for a long time.

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2005, 12:19 PM
mmmm, pizza

OUDoc
5/2/2005, 12:40 PM
What happened to Eddie Money?

Either one?

DoubleDown
5/2/2005, 12:50 PM
I've been debating on whether I should respond to this (for fear of humiliation), but I'm throwing caution to the wind for the sake of humor. I actually worked at Showbiz at the time this lady was coming in (c'mon... I was still in high school). If I remember correctly, the lady's name was Cathy, and the description EM gave over a year ago is very accurate. The only thing he left out was during the robot performances, Cathy would just all of a sudden scream out the character's names. For instance, the band would be going, Cathy would be rocking back and forth, when she would unexpectedly let loose with a "BILLY BOB!!!" that could be heard throughout the building. Also, around that time, most of the chairs in the place were very loose. This was because Cathy would always sit in the same spot, and was extremely large, so we would always have to rotate the chairs or she would have worn one out every other day.

The craziest thing about this, is Cathy just all of a sudden stopped coming in. We never knew if something happened to her or what because one day she just wasn't there and never came back.

Alright, my story is over. Hit me with your best shot. :D

nmsoonergirl
5/2/2005, 12:54 PM
Doc,
Eddie Money is coming to Frontier City this summer:

"Eddie Money June 11
Rock out to classic hits such as "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight" in this high-energy concert. The concert gates will open at 6 p.m. and this rock n' roll show will begin at 8 p.m."

Unfortunately, I don't think Showbiz Pizza Eddie Money will be there...

RacerX
4/6/2006, 02:13 PM
heh

yermom
4/6/2006, 05:10 PM
SS and SB, I love the icons - although that female cheerleader rat is very creepy. Apparently not to the folks over there, as many of them seem to be quite attracted to her, or it, or whatever. It is disturbing, which is what makes it so funny.

Hopefully I won't get baned right off the bat, but it will take a while before I get too ridiculous if all goes well. I will chronicle my achievments and put them up long after all this is forgotten.

i guess it's going to be a while

i can't believe it's been over 2 years!

BudSooner
4/6/2006, 08:29 PM
Thats the scariest board this side of the osu and hornfans boards.

YIKES!

RacerX
4/6/2006, 08:50 PM
My memory was jogged by the Chuck E. Cheese thread and then someone bumped an Eddie Money thread.

yermom
11/5/2007, 05:43 PM
Grapevine reminded me of this :D