PDA

View Full Version : So who is our QB next year? What do you see as our starting unit?

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 06:02 PM
QB? I have no idea Hazle, Bradford, probably not a true freshman like Nicholl

RB: Alen Patrick, Chris Brown, Mosias Madu
FB: Zaslaw, Clapp
TE: Greasham, Finley
Tackles: Braxton, Williams, Loadholdt
Guards: Robinson, Walker
Center: Cooper
WRs: Kelly, Iglesias, Chaney, Tennell
Kicker: Hartley

DEs: Dotson, Williams
Tackles: Granger, McCoy, Bennett, Coleman
LBs: Reed, Reynolds, Lofton
CB's:Walker, Holmes
Safeties: Smith, Williams, Clayton

should be pretty solid

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 06:04 PM
something tells me that Bradford will start.

trey
1/3/2007, 06:05 PM
very solid. i love our schedule also.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 06:06 PM
Sam Bradford. Kid is tall and has a full 4 years to shine.

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 06:10 PM
His leadership is what is making me think that he starts as well.

BIG_IKE
1/3/2007, 06:11 PM
Did you gorget Manuel Johnson? Truth be told...he is gonna be the MAN.

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 06:14 PM
Did you gorget Manuel Johnson? Truth be told...he is gonna be the MAN.

I sure did, he will be our number 2 or 3 WR. I can't believe I forgot him.

Crimsontothecore
Bradford may end up being the guy but I would bet it's Halzle that starts the season simply because he's the only one who has taken a snap in college.

LittleWingSooner
If I were to guess it's Bradford right now. But I don't think that question is answered till the fall.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 06:17 PM
His leadership is what is making me think that he starts as well.lol

<<graduated next to him.

He's a smart kid.. Was in my calculus class for about a week.. graduated with weighted a 4.0.

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 06:20 PM
lol

<<graduated next to him.

He's a smart kid.. Was in my calculus class for about a week.. graduated with weighted a 4.0.
Well I hope he starts, I've been a pro-Bradford fan fan ever since he committed here.

Oh and I go to college with him :D

boomersooner28
1/3/2007, 06:22 PM
Demarco Murray? Maybe? In the backfield.

soonermeteor
1/3/2007, 06:23 PM
What about his Keith Nichol I heard about... has something changed or maybe I don't know the whole story?

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 06:23 PM
Well I hope he starts, I've been a pro-Bradford fan fan ever since he committed here.

Oh and I go to college with him :D
Lol have any classes with him?

So do I. ;) But I think I've seen him once on campus.

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 06:36 PM

So do I. ;) But I think I've seen him once on campus.
I don't think I have seen him at all either. Some of my friends have had classes with him though.

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 06:38 PM
Demarco Murray? Maybe? In the backfield.
Demarco Murray will be the next QB. Phil Loadholt will be the backup.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think I have seen him at all either. Some of my friends have had classes with him though.
I think I only had one fb player in all my classes.

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 06:42 PM
I think I only had one fb player in all my classes.
who?

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 06:45 PM
who?
Lol Lance Custar, he's a sweetheart.

stoopified
1/3/2007, 07:23 PM

So do I. ;) But I think I've seen him once on campus.Not in class?

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2007, 07:30 PM
What about his Keith Nichol I heard about... has something changed or maybe I don't know the whole story?

Nothing, it's just that it's VERY difficult for a true freshman, no matter how talented, to step in and play at a top-tier program.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 07:31 PM
Not in class?
I meant Yes, I do go to OU too...
not Yes, I do have classes with him too.

spatton713
1/3/2007, 08:04 PM
demarco murray will get some playin time
you forgot nic harris hell be huge next year

soonertaylor
1/3/2007, 09:37 PM
Anyone heard any more about Matt Flynn transferring here? It was talked about for a little while but nothing has been done yet. If that happens, there is our starting QB next year.

Howzit
1/3/2007, 09:40 PM

You misspelled ovary.

josh09
1/3/2007, 09:41 PM

should be pretty solid

I dont know, but we look really good. All we need is a good QB and we'll be set for a title run.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/4/2007, 01:51 AM
i think demarco murray will get some serious playing time in multiple spots from what ive heard of his ability, i think you could put him in the slot to screw defenses up and play some running back.

as for QB i think nichol has a solid shot because heupel and stoops went after him hard after the coaching change as MSU, i dont think they wouldve brought in a highly touted freshmen just to back up bradford for four years. i like bradford and and if in stoops' mind he was an obvious starter i think they wouldve recruited a lesser QB to develop instead of nichol who could probly get a starting job elsewhere

lcaldwell1
1/4/2007, 06:16 AM
i dont think flynn is goin to be here..russell should be gone and that leaves flynn as the starter at LSU...also I have heard that demarco murray is going to be used in similar ways that arkansas used mcfadden this year...anyone have any insight on this?

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/4/2007, 08:05 AM
We should be nearly as good next year as this the way AP was runnin the ball towards the end of the year. Pretty much all of our receivers and o-line back. Sure love to the the option with Manuel Johnson.:pop:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/4/2007, 09:52 AM
Anyone heard any more about Matt Flynn transferring here? It was talked about for a little while but nothing has been done yet. If that happens, there is our starting QB next year.

I agree, but that would mean that Jamarcus Russell decides to come back and I'd bet he is leaning toward going pro. If he stays I'd say Flynn. If not I'd say Bradford.

The Consumate Showman
1/4/2007, 12:08 PM
Flynn isn't coming; Bradford isn't likely either; Halzle maybe; Nichol, most likely, IMO. We didn't bring him in to put him on the shelf.

RB's- AP starting. Brown, Madu, and Murray to spell him in that order. I wouldn't be surprised to see AP and Murray stacked beside each other, too.

OL - I think we go Cooper, Walker, Duke, Braxton, and Loadholt/Williams...it's hard to get a read on which will take that last tackle spot because I have been told by someone that would know that a lot of the staff thinks Trent Williams could very well be the best PLAYER regardless of position on the team; but, Loadholt is a manchild freakazoid.

WR's - Malcolm for sure. Next is between Iglesias and Manuel. Then we look at Tennell to back up Malcolm. Lastly, Chaney might see more time IF he works hard this year, and look for Murray to split to the slot from the RB position.

TE's - I think it should be Gresham all the way, but apparently our coaches think Joe Jon is doing something special.

Defense

DE's - Big John should have a BIG year. Dotson should work well also. We have to pray for health there though because that will most likely be our shallowest spot for depth.

DT's - Should be loaded. Look for Bennett and Coleman to start early on, but by the ed, Granger and McCoy should be starting.

LB's - Should be solid yet again. I think Reynolds, Lofton, and Reed will start with Pleasant, Robinson, and Beal spelling them some.

CB's - I HOPE we move Reggie back to CB. He is far better suited to play CB than Safety, as shown in the Fiesta Bowl. Opposite him, I look for Marcus to start and Lendy and Brian Jackson to sub.

Safeties - Look for Harris for sure, Darien Williams, and Malcolm Williams (as long as he gets on campus and makes the grade) to come in. Dom Franks should be seeing some time as will Jonathan Nelson. Keenan Clayton might end up having a break out year if he can prove to the coaches he has learned how to tackle and make reads.

K/P - Hartley and Cohen.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/4/2007, 04:50 PM
Flynn isn't coming; Bradford isn't likely either; Halzle maybe; Nichol, most likely, IMO. We didn't bring him in to put him on the shelf.

RB's- AP starting. Brown, Madu, and Murray to spell him in that order. I wouldn't be surprised to see AP and Murray stacked beside each other, too.

OL - I think we go Cooper, Walker, Duke, Braxton, and Loadholt/Williams...it's hard to get a read on which will take that last tackle spot because I have been told by someone that would know that a lot of the staff thinks Trent Williams could very well be the best PLAYER regardless of position on the team; but, Loadholt is a manchild freakazoid.

WR's - Malcolm for sure. Next is between Iglesias and Manuel. Then we look at Tennell to back up Malcolm. Lastly, Chaney might see more time IF he works hard this year, and look for Murray to split to the slot from the RB position.

TE's - I think it should be Gresham all the way, but apparently our coaches think Joe Jon is doing something special.

Defense

DE's - Big John should have a BIG year. Dotson should work well also. We have to pray for health there though because that will most likely be our shallowest spot for depth.

DT's - Should be loaded. Look for Bennett and Coleman to start early on, but by the ed, Granger and McCoy should be starting.

LB's - Should be solid yet again. I think Reynolds, Lofton, and Reed will start with Pleasant, Robinson, and Beal spelling them some.

CB's - I HOPE we move Reggie back to CB. He is far better suited to play CB than Safety, as shown in the Fiesta Bowl. Opposite him, I look for Marcus to start and Lendy and Brian Jackson to sub.

Safeties - Look for Harris for sure, Darien Williams, and Malcolm Williams (as long as he gets on campus and makes the grade) to come in. Dom Franks should be seeing some time as will Jonathan Nelson. Keenan Clayton might end up having a break out year if he can prove to the coaches he has learned how to tackle and make reads.

K/P - Hartley and Cohen.

Not to nitpick too much and I know rivals isn't the end-all but you know that Bradford last year wan't rated not too much below Nichol this year. Not enough to discount the progress that Bradford has been widely praised for making by the coaching staff. We brought in Gerald McCoy last year as well who was rated higher than any lineman and I think will be a monster yet he wound up redshirting. I'm not saying that Nichol won't turn out to be the better player but Bradford has a year in the program and I don't think that the fact that we are bringing in Nichol means that he won't have to win the job.

I don't think it will be Halzle. I think he probably has the least upside of the 3 and could wind up being the #2 if the job is Bradford's or the #3 if Nichol wins it.

As long as there is a good competition in the spring and then the guy is picked and we run with him, I'm good with whoever it is.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:22 PM
Nothing, it's just that it's VERY difficult for a true freshman, no matter how talented, to step in and play at a top-tier program.

I agree except for one thing that will help him. HE will have all winter, spring, and summer with Heupel and wilson and that cant hurt his progress too badly. I wouldnt discount him being in there because I hear he is physically ready, its just a matter if he can get up to speed mentally

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:24 PM
...also I have heard that demarco murray is going to be used in similar ways that arkansas used mcfadden this year...anyone have any insight on this?

Nothing really insightful but I have heard the same things. Murray as a possible kick/punt returner as well as being moved around in the slot, shot-gun, and possible qb scenarios. That would be exciting for sure, they said once he got healthy and got a look in the bowl practices he was as good as advertised

Echoes
1/4/2007, 05:53 PM
My roomate in college graduated from High School with Bradford at PC.. he is a good kid, I am pulling for him to get the starting job. I think under Huepel's wing he can be something special.

Collier11
1/4/2007, 05:54 PM
I want it to be bradford or nichol, dont know why?

soonervegas
1/4/2007, 06:00 PM
Bradford.

The Consumate Showman
1/4/2007, 08:06 PM
Not to nitpick too much and I know rivals isn't the end-all but you know that Bradford last year wan't rated not too much below Nichol this year. Not enough to discount the progress that Bradford has been widely praised for making by the coaching staff. We brought in Gerald McCoy last year as well who was rated higher than any lineman and I think will be a monster yet he wound up redshirting. I'm not saying that Nichol won't turn out to be the better player but Bradford has a year in the program and I don't think that the fact that we are bringing in Nichol means that he won't have to win the job.

I don't think it will be Halzle. I think he probably has the least upside of the 3 and could wind up being the #2 if the job is Bradford's or the #3 if Nichol wins it.

As long as there is a good competition in the spring and then the guy is picked and we run with him, I'm good with whoever it is.

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for Bradford to get the nod. But Sam really doesn't seem to be the type of running/passing QB that KW seems to want...ya know what I mean?

Sam is more of a "pro-style" QB, and Nichol is more of the "dual-threat" kid. If you go back and watch some old Northwestern video of when KW was the OC, their QB's were more of the type to be a dual threat and run with the ball if needed or stay in the pocket and throw it.

I'm just going on what our OC seems to favor. Now, the big hurdle for KW to get over, IMO, is going to be Stoops. Is Bob going to let our QB go out there and run the ball if KW wants or is Bob going to be more conervative and not want his QB taking a bunch of hits like McGee at AtM?

Oh the spring...I can't wait. It should be fun!

Oh, and about McCoy, I was sooo surprised we didn't get him in there this year, but he seems to be taking it pretty well. I think he knows he will benefit from the red shirt more than anyone. He should be much bigger and faster in '07 and should be able to man-handle a lot of D-1 OLinemen.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/4/2007, 08:17 PM
I went through 3 years of seeing Bradford at starting quarterback. Saw approximately 40 games. One thing I noticed about Sam, even as a senior, he had a very strong arm and threw a bunch of touchdowns, but also a lot of interceptions. Our receivers were short and only one is playing at the next level (Kenny Brown- Texas A&M). Not to mention last year we had absolutely NO running game. O-line was terrible too. He was impressive his junior year but definitely didn't live up to the hype last year. Makes me wonder how he would do behind a good line and with a running game. Oh, the kid is a FREAK at basketball.. should be playing hoops!

usmc-sooner
1/4/2007, 08:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for Bradford to get the nod. But Sam really doesn't seem to be the type of running/passing QB that KW seems to want...ya know what I mean?

I have given up on any type of QB running game.

PT wasn't the most blessed runner but having him fake a sweep to AD and sprint around the corner would have worked a few times.

stoopified
1/4/2007, 08:59 PM

. I'm figuring Bradford to start.We have never had a true frosh win the starting qb job at the beginning of a season.In fact the only true freshman to beat out an upperclassman for qb (in the last50 years anyhow)was Gundy over Steve Collins .That did not happen until midseason.

ruf/nekdad
1/4/2007, 09:01 PM
I have given up on any type of QB running game.

PT wasn't the most blessed runner but having him fake a sweep to AD and sprint around the corner would have worked a few times.

I was really suprised that card was not played more often towards the end of the year.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/5/2007, 07:42 AM
Hays Mchearn!

XFollower
1/5/2007, 08:24 AM
Will Austin Box make the field next year or sit?

Collier11
1/5/2007, 12:29 PM
IMO he will play

Larry&Leisa
1/5/2007, 12:36 PM
Will Austin Box make the field next year or sit?

I don't see it happening... I don't think his 215 lbs is tough enough yet for starting linebacker

LittleWingSooner
1/5/2007, 02:30 PM
Austin could play as a dime back and on special teams.

Socrefbek
1/5/2007, 02:33 PM
Austin could play as a dime back and on special teams.

Roy Backer!:texan:

soonerinabilene
1/5/2007, 02:45 PM
with the o-line we will have, whoever steps in at qb is going to have a MUCH easier time than the idiot did in '05. i dont think that we are going to have a problem playing an unexperienced qb. colt mccoy showed that with a great line, a freshman could play qb at a big-time school. add to that the plethora of rb's we have and three amazing wr's, and whoever is taking snaps will have a heck of a year. bradford has a year in the system, but with josh coaching nichols could catch up real quick. i just hope we pick one in the spring and STICK WITH HIM! on d, granger and mccoy will be giants. no running up the middle against us. nic harris will probably become a true roy backer. another thing ive thought is the way that allen patrick hits and played db in hs and juco, and the way dj ran in hs, maybe have them switch sides of the ball? just a thought...

Ash
1/5/2007, 02:47 PM
Bradford, Nichol, Halzle

Collier11
1/5/2007, 02:49 PM
another thing ive thought is the way that allen patrick hits and played db in hs and juco, and the way dj ran in hs, maybe have them switch sides of the ball? just a thought...

DJ will be back as a cb, just watch...And patrick if a full-time starter is a 1500yd back. No point in switching IMO

FaninAma
1/5/2007, 03:27 PM
Next year's 2 Deep:

RB: Alen Patrick, Chris Brown, Mosias Madu. DeMarco Murray will be utilized like Reggie Bush was at USC....some at RB and some at WR.
FB:Eldridge, Zaslaw
Tackles: Braxton, Williams, Loadholdt, Brandon
Guards: Robinson, Walker, Simmons, Moore
Center: Cooper, Beeler
WRs: Kelly, Iglesias, Johnson, Tennell

DEs: Dotson, Williams, English, Cummings, Tim Johnson
Tackles: Granger, McCoy, Bennett, Coleman, Blackard
LBs: Reed, Reynolds, Lofton, Pleasant, Robinson
CB's:Walker, Holmes, Wolf, Franks
Safeties: Smith, Williams, Clayton, Harris, Bowers

The defense should be absolutely sick next year. The only concern is depth at DE.

This will be the most depth OU has had in the OL, RB and DT position since Stoops has been here.

I fully expect Bradford to win a heated battle with Halzle but I wouldn't be too suprised or disppointed if Halzle started.

ocsooner
1/5/2007, 04:58 PM
Whoever starts, I just hope they name the starter before the first game. Give the guy a few weeks (or months) to grow into the position without looking over his shoulder all the time.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/5/2007, 08:44 PM
Sam looks ready to beat Texas!!
http://i18.tinypic.com/4gj5set.jpg

Collier11
1/5/2007, 08:48 PM
are you another facebook stalker???

meoveryouxinfinity
1/5/2007, 08:49 PM
are you another facebook stalker???
LOL, i went to HS w/ him, prom in the same limo, have his number.

No.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/5/2007, 08:50 PM
but yes, got taht picture from facebook... pretty sweet :)

franklinjake
1/5/2007, 08:52 PM
something tells me that Bradford will start.
agreed

Collier11
1/5/2007, 09:03 PM
LOL, i went to HS prom with him, in the same limo, have his number.

Thats kinda wierd :D ;) :confused:

DustySooner
1/5/2007, 09:10 PM
Didn't Nichol say he wanted to go somewhere where he got playing time? If that's the case does he transfer if he doesn't get the starting job?

Or if Nichol gets the nod over Bradford does Bradford transfer? Or maybe he gets moved to a different position..like tight end or something?

meoveryouxinfinity
1/5/2007, 09:13 PM
Thats kinda wierd :D ;) :confused:
Now that I think about it, it does seem kind of loser facebook stalkerish. but, Yeah, I don't talk to him anymore or see him.

Collier11
1/5/2007, 09:14 PM
ha ha, I guess you didnt notice that I changed your quote, I should have written "fixed" I guess...just messin with ya anyways

meoveryouxinfinity
1/5/2007, 09:17 PM
ha ha, I guess you didnt notice that I changed your quote, I should have written "fixed" I guess...just messin with ya anyways
LOL I like the mensss :)

well mostly because I'm a female...

So going to prom w/ him wouldn't be too weird.

Collier11
1/5/2007, 09:19 PM
ok, never mind. JOKE FAILED, damnit!!

meoveryouxinfinity
1/5/2007, 09:22 PM
ok, never mind. JOKE FAILED, damnit!!
lol, backfired.

Bruiser53
1/5/2007, 10:21 PM
i dont think flynn is goin to be here..russell should be gone and that leaves flynn as the starter at LSU...also I have heard that demarco murray is going to be used in similar ways that arkansas used mcfadden this year...anyone have any insight on this?
Even if Russel does leave (which he shouldn't, he's not ready for the pros in my opinion), Flynn is not going to be the starter. Leslie Miles probably had to make 5 star recruit Ryan Perrilloux some big promises to lure him away from the whorns after he already commited. Miles dosen't owe Flynn a thing, so I think LSU will go with Perrilloux next season. Flynn is solid, vetern player, he's probably a smart guy, already graduated. Him comming to OU would be great fit. Gives the two young qbs another year to improve to stage an epic quarterback battle the next year when they are both a little more ready to play. Flynn, I believe, can lead us places next year.

kevpks
1/5/2007, 10:44 PM
Someone please fill me in on the Flynn transfer rumors. I keep hearing about it, but is it just a hypothetical message board thing?

Collier11
1/5/2007, 11:16 PM
there were rumors that if Russell came back, he would come in for his 1 year and be Stoops' starter while one of our freshman got ready

OU Adonis
1/6/2007, 02:28 AM
I'm figuring Bradford to start.We have never had a true frosh win the starting qb job at the beginning of a season.In fact the only true freshman to beat out an upperclassman for qb (in the last50 years anyhow)was Gundy over Steve Collins .That did not happen until midseason.

We had a true frosh take a future number 1 draft picks job though. (Jamelle Holieway)

soonerloyal
1/6/2007, 11:48 AM
Speaking of Keith Nichol...have any of you students been able to meet him and welcome him to Oklahoma?

I hear the kid is a really good, grounded guy - so I'll take it on faith that he knows he has to earn a starting job, not just expect it to be handed to him. ESPECIALLY at Oklahoma.

(I sure hope he learns how to handle our summers, though. I lived in UP Michigan for four years, and their idea of a heat wave is our idea of a spring breeze.)

Ash
1/6/2007, 11:53 AM
(I sure hope he learns how to handle our summers, though. I lived in UP Michigan for four years, and their idea of a heat wave is our idea of a spring breeze.)

That's not good. To condition himself, he should sit in a blast furnace, pads on. That'll get him ready for July and August in OK. Nothing like 100+ degrees and 30 mph winds at the same time...doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Ash
1/6/2007, 11:56 AM
Chris Brown will jump ahead of Patrick in the depth chart next year.

PLaw
1/6/2007, 03:18 PM

I don't know if this will be a good thing or not. I would still prefer to get a capable JUCO QB in here. There is very little upside to starting anybody at QB with Fr. in front of their name.

Bruiser53
1/6/2007, 03:23 PM
Chris Brown will jump ahead of Patrick in the depth chart next year.
I agree. Our RB situation reminds me of a few years ago when we had AD, Kejuan Jones, DJ Wolfe before he moved to D, Tashard Choice, and Courtney Tenniel- almost too many good backs to chose from. For next year, I believe that Brown has the most potential of all of them, but really you can't go wrong with Patrick or Madu or DeMarco Murray.

Ash
1/6/2007, 03:30 PM
I agree. Our RB situation reminds me of a few years ago when we had AD, Kejuan Jones, DJ Wolfe before he moved to D, Tashard Choice, and Courtney Tenniel- almost too many good backs to chose from. For next year, I believe that Brown has the most potential of all of them, but really you can't go wrong with Patrick or Madu or DeMarco Murray.

Yeah, I'd agree. AP has done great as the number two this year, but I like what I've seen out of Brown a little more in terms of finishing runs. AP is a bit of a stumbler.

Pure conjecture on my part, though.

soonerfanatic1
1/6/2007, 03:51 PM

should be pretty solidi agree with u all but i think you better throw demarco murray into that mix of running backs

Collier11
1/6/2007, 04:06 PM
AP is a bit of a stumbler.

Pure conjecture on my part, though.

So was Q, and look at his senior year...:D

TXBOOMER
1/6/2007, 04:19 PM
I don't know anything about Sam Bradford, but I don't ever expect to see a 6'5 197 pounder starting for OU at QB. He will need to put on 18 -23 lbs.

snp
1/6/2007, 05:56 PM
That's not good. To condition himself, he should sit in a blast furnace, pads on. That'll get him ready for July and August in OK. Nothing like 100+ degrees and 30 mph winds at the same time...doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Oklahoma isn't that hot.

Ash
1/6/2007, 06:10 PM
Oklahoma isn't that hot.

first, it was a joke...second...oh nevermind...

besides, if you think those two meteorological events do not ever take place in Oklahoma you should come visit us in August.

Ruuuuuufus
1/6/2007, 06:29 PM
i like bradford and and if in stoops' mind he was an obvious starter i think they wouldve recruited a lesser QB to develop instead of nichol who could probly get a starting job elsewhere

please tell me you aren't serious

snp
1/6/2007, 06:47 PM
first, it was a joke...second...oh nevermind...

besides, if you think those two meteorological events do not ever take place in Oklahoma you should come visit us in August.

First, I know. It was pretty obvious.

Second, I live in Norman. I hear people complain about the weather enough for my liking. It really isn't bad for me, but then again, I grew up in Houston which is much worse with the heat.

Ash
1/6/2007, 07:54 PM
First, I know. It was pretty obvious.

Second, I live in Norman. I hear people complain about the weather enough for my liking. It really isn't bad for me, but then again, I grew up in Houston which is much worse with the heat.

tru dat :eek:

Shneeg11
3/4/2007, 11:43 PM
LOL, i went to HS w/ him, prom in the same limo, have his number.

No.

I went to PCN as well, you were in his limo from prom? who did you go with?

goingoneight
3/5/2007, 01:11 AM
John Blake's Starting Offense Lineup:

"The Heisman Candidate" QB: Trent Williams (Hey, LSU sent an OL into the NFL as a QB, why not us???)
The "make 'em miss guy" RB: Joe Jon Finley
"Mr. Big Play" WR: Demarcus Granger
"Grab 'n go" slot WR: Michael Cohen

"The BIG Guys"
Allen..........Jacob..........DeMarco..........Chr is..........Mossis
Patrick.......Gutierrez......Murray............Bro wn.........Madu

"The Wall" FB: Manuel Johnson
"Big Guns" TE: Kieth Nichol

Throw in two or three more "athletes" and there you have it... errr, eleven, I think... BIG 12 CHAMPS!!!

:D

Shneeg11
3/5/2007, 04:01 AM
IMO Bradford will be our starting QB, I may be biased b/c i went to highschool and played football w/him, but his athletic ability, arm strength, and field smarts, as well as leadership are a lethal combination. His Sr. year was not great because as previously stated, he did not have an O-Line, or a running game so teams would drop eight, and a few times even nine into coverage. Look for him to take the reigns in the fall

Collier11
3/5/2007, 11:11 AM
John Blake's Starting Offense Lineup:

"The Heisman Candidate" QB: Trent Williams (Hey, LSU sent an OL into the NFL as a QB, why not us???)
The "make 'em miss guy" RB: Joe Jon Finley
"Mr. Big Play" WR: Demarcus Granger
"Grab 'n go" slot WR: Michael Cohen

"The BIG Guys"
Allen..........Jacob..........DeMarco..........Chr is..........Mossis
Patrick.......Gutierrez......Murray............Bro wn.........Madu

"The Wall" FB: Manuel Johnson
"Big Guns" TE: Kieth Nichol

Throw in two or three more "athletes" and there you have it... errr, eleven, I think... BIG 12 CHAMPS!!!

This joke wasnt funny the first 456 times someone posted it!!! :D

dolemitesooner
3/5/2007, 11:15 AM

should be pretty solid
Smith is starting at corner this year. He has been moved back.

LittleWingSooner
3/5/2007, 04:15 PM
Smith may be moved there just for the spring. It depends on if anyone plays well at safety.

SoonerJLB
3/5/2007, 04:27 PM
Next year's 2 Deep:

RB: Alen Patrick, Chris Brown, Mosias Madu. DeMarco Murray will be utilized like Reggie Bush was at USC....some at RB and some at WR.d.

I like that set-up. I was hoping KW would do that more last year (with AP or Gute) playing that roll. Maybe he =would have if AD didn't get hurt.

Sam Spade
3/5/2007, 08:03 PM
IMO Bradford will be our starting QB, I may be biased b/c i went to highschool and played football w/him, but his athletic ability, arm strength, and field smarts, as well as leadership are a lethal combination. His Sr. year was not great because as previously stated, he did not have an O-Line, or a running game so teams would drop eight, and a few times even nine into coverage. Look for him to take the reigns in the fall
Hey, Sam, you've posted this in three different threads now.

Good to have you on the boards with us. Don't let Coach Stoops find out.

Oh, and best of luck in the QB competition this Spring!