PDA

View Full Version : Can we sneak up on Texas Tech this Saturday?

soonervegas
1/3/2007, 05:56 PM
If we could steal an early road win...it would get us off to a good start in Big 12 play. I do think we have three things going for us:

Let down from the record breaking game.

We are playing relaitvely good D right now.

Texas Tech isn't a world beater.

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 06:27 PM
2 things working against you:

Zeno and Jackson.

OUSKINS
1/4/2007, 06:56 AM
To answer the question:

Doubtful, but not impossible. I've been fairly happy with what I've seen thus far, especially considering Crocker has been such a nice surprise. But right now, I see us as a team that compete at a high level at home, but not one that can win games on the road.

I do think Texas Tech is the EXACT type of team that we can "surprise" and beat at LNC, but I will be very surprised if we go out and beat them in Lubbock.

I do think we're catching them at a pretty good time, coming off setting the record for Knight, and we'll most likely be taken lightly by most of our road opponent's, so the possibility of a "surprise attack" is certainly there. And I DO expect us to compete and keep this one pretty close.

But I see Tech slowly pulling away in the second half, as we struggle to put the ball in the hole.

Crimsontothecore
1/4/2007, 07:36 AM
I think we can definitely sneak up on Tech. First we need to dress like a west texas hillbilly. Then we need to enter the arena from the top and from the home teams side. If we wear those mustache and glasses thingy's, I think we could sneak right up behind their bench.:D

LittleWingSooner
1/4/2007, 10:44 AM
I think we have the defense. We haven't really been any good on offense against even decent teams. I hope we can hold them in the 50's. We'll have a chance at winning it if we do that.

starrca23
1/4/2007, 12:07 PM
Our shooting has been bad of late. If we could get a couple of people going from 3-ball land we would have a good chance. This team needs to lead a game for a while too.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/4/2007, 05:53 PM
TT is solid but not great. We have a chance. I don't know that the first conference game is a good way to sneak up on someone. Maybe if they played Texas right before and KU right after us.

I figure our defense will give us a shot but we better hit some outside shots.

OUstud
1/5/2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah we have a chance. A pretty good one, actually. Tech's coming off of the close win over NM, and whether he wants to admit it or not, that was probably emotional for Knight and his players, him getting 880. That, plus the fact it will probably be back to its normal 7,000 attendence, gives us a good chance down there.

Ash
1/5/2007, 08:29 PM
We match up pretty well with TT. They've got several big guys but play a 3 gaurd line up and mostly just one of the big guys, Rizvic. Obviously slowing down Jackson is the key, although Zeno has been having monster games lately.

For the Sooners, I'd echo what everyone else is saying: OU needs to find their offense. If they continue to shoot poorly, they're not going to win many games.

On D, they need to be very sound - Knight's teams always execute double screens and cuts very well. They'll drive to the basket early and often. If the Sooners can disrupt their offense, defend the paint and stay out of foul trouble they'll do well.

Speaking of which, in the New Mexcio game, TT got to the line 24 times compared to the Lobos 5 attempts. That's insane. Homecookin' maybe, but Ou can't let that happen no matter the circumstance. They need to be aggressive, get to the basket, get freethrows and play smart on D.

Oh and pleeeeeeze stop the sloppy handling. Careless turnovers have killed this team.

birddog
1/5/2007, 11:37 PM
is this game on the bewb tewb, or what?

King Crimson
1/6/2007, 12:24 AM
is this game on the bewb tewb, or what?

i saw an ad for it on altitude in Denver. i assume you guys get that down there....no?

Big Red Ron
1/6/2007, 02:44 AM
Honestly, from what I've seen this year. Ithink we'll be lucky to stay within 10-15 points.

It'll get better but we just aren't real good right now.

birddog
1/6/2007, 11:00 AM
yeah, we get altitiude and vs. down here in haggardville.

birddog
1/6/2007, 11:08 AM
11:30 on altitude.

Ash
1/6/2007, 11:16 AM
Honestly, from what I've seen this year. Ithink we'll be lucky to stay within 10-15 points.

It'll get better but we just aren't real good right now.

I'd disagree, I think this is a game OU can win. They have to play well on both ends of the court, but TT is not that formidable of a match-up...on paper at least. We'll have to see how the game plays out. If we play like crap, shoot 30% from the field and give up turnovers it could easily be a blow out in TT's favor.

SleestakSooner
1/6/2007, 10:04 PM
not only no but HELL no :(