PDA

View Full Version : Obama and drug use

royalfan5
1/3/2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240992,00.html

Does the fact that Obama has tried blow and pot affect you're opinion of him?
It doesn't bother me in the least, but I'm curious about others opinions.

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 04:29 PM
As long as he's not doing it now.
I like Obama.

Mjcpr
1/3/2007, 04:31 PM
Did he inhale? I need to know.

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 04:32 PM
maybe this should be a poll. i mean besides Dean who has not tried something?

SeattleOUstudent
1/3/2007, 04:33 PM
Dont tell me Hillary hasnt tried blow.

Thank you folks, ill be here all night! Dont forget to tip your waitress!

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 04:34 PM
Doesn't bother me, but I won't take umbrage when he's referred as a druggie or drug abuser.

GrapevineSooner
1/3/2007, 04:34 PM
I only care about the ideas in his head.

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 04:35 PM
I only care about the ideas in his head.
Which is exactly why I won't be voting for him any time soon.

GrapevineSooner
1/3/2007, 04:36 PM
Dont tell me Hillary hasnt tried blow.

Thank you folks, ill be here all night! Dont forget to tip your waitress!
Just because Monica has doesn't mean that's Hillary's bag. ;)

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 04:36 PM

i havent

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 04:38 PM
i havent
Nor have I.

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 04:39 PM
well. i did enough for the both of you

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 04:40 PM
let me clarify, i tried pot twice

never touched coke unless i was busting a dealer

royalfan5
Nor have I.
Me three.

Mjcpr
I'm pretty sure Dean has tried lots of things.

colleyvillesooner
1/3/2007, 04:41 PM
Me three.

Me four.

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 04:41 PM
well. i did enough for the both of you
Don't tell us about it. Run for office, then write a book.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 04:42 PM
i think you'll find there are alot more that havent ever tried it, than those that have.....especially cocaine

for those of you who have tried it, just wait till you have that "drug talk"with your kids.....if i could go back in time and change anything, that would be it

Scott D
1/3/2007, 04:43 PM
Did he inhale? I need to know.

heh he did the stuff in his teens, and yes he inhaled...as he put it in an article "That was kind of the point" to counter reference ole Bill's statement of "Ah triahed mahrijewahnuh, but ah didn't inhale"

soonersweetie
1/3/2007, 04:44 PM
I haven't tried anything either. I don't know enough about Obama yet to know whether I like him or not.

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 04:46 PM
I was addicted to Nyquil for awhile a couple of years ago.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 04:48 PM
As long as he's never had extramarital sex, it's OK.

:rolleyes:

I don't care; and I would view negatively anyone who made a big deal out of it. And BTW, I have no other real opinion of the guy

SoonerInKCMO
1/3/2007, 04:48 PM

A bottle of that'll mess one up more than a couple of joints will.

And dayyuumm if it isn't goooood.

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 04:49 PM
Well, i was referring more to the pot myself. But i think he is trying to say, you can grow up and get past it

royalfan5
1/3/2007, 04:49 PM
Sic'em was sitting sideways.

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 04:51 PM
I can't see myself voting for Obama except as a retaliatory vote against the "new right" dominated GOP; however, I do like the guy. You can say what you want about him but he seems to be genuinely honest and sincere.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 04:51 PM
oh and I think the recent crap that politicos are starting in regards to Obama stand for everything wrong with American Politics.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 04:53 PM
so wait, Bush is a coke addict and a drunk, but Obama has grown past it?

;)

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 04:55 PM
oh and I think the recent crap that politicos are starting in regards to Obama stand for everything wrong with American Politics.

That's not what is wrong with American politics. Obama is being handled with kid gloves compared to the way candidates were put through the wringer in the early campaigns of the Republic.

There is, however, a hell of a lot wrong with American politics.

silverwheels
let me clarify, i tried pot twice

"Weed is not a drug! You don't cook it or add chemicals to it or nothing! You just set it on fire, and if you happen to breathe in the smoke, there might be some side effects!"

OklahomaTuba
Well, at least he was honest about it. That says a lot IMO.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 04:57 PM
"Weed is not a drug! You don't cook it or add chemicals to it or nothing! You just set it on fire, and if you happen to breathe in the smoke, there might be some side effects!"

well, whatever.....myself and the DEA would disagree with you

silverwheels
1/3/2007, 04:59 PM
well, whatever.....myself and the DEA would disagree with Katt Williams

Fixed. It was from his HBO special. Funny stuff.

Personally, I don't touch the stuff anymore. It bores me. I've moved on to meth and crack.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2007, 05:13 PM
I've smoked plenty of pot in my day, but haven't for years.

Was given coke once unknowingly. I would consider myself in the "never tried it" on that.

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 05:15 PM
Isn't setting something on fire the ultimate "cooking it"?

silverwheels
1/3/2007, 05:18 PM
Isn't setting something on fire the ultimate "cooking it"?

Good point. Hey, I didn't say it. I just think Katt Williams is funny as hell.

BeetDigger
1/3/2007, 05:19 PM
Obama? Sounds like a terrorist to me. :texan:

1stTimeCaller
1/3/2007, 05:20 PM
My wife thinks so.

opksooner
1/3/2007, 05:24 PM
Drug use notwithstanding, Obama is a shoe-in:

1) Whites will vote for him because he's white.

2) Blacks will vote for him because he's black.

3) Libs will vote for him because he's bi-racial.

4) Muslims will vote for him because his first name is Arabic.

5) Jews will vote for him because his first name sounds like the Hebrew word "baruch", meaning, blessing.

.....and of course

6) Catholics will vote for him because they think O'bama is an Irish name.

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I don't give a **** who you all vote for (actually I do) or who you decide to nominate.

I'm voting for Pat Buchanan.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 05:32 PM
That's not what is wrong with American politics. Obama is being handled with kid gloves compared to the way candidates were put through the wringer in the early campaigns of the Republic.

There is, however, a hell of a lot wrong with American politics.

Have you already forgotten the thread where some 'alleged' conservatives were attacking him based upon his name. Then making incorrect allegations about his religious beliefs. Ironically his father had become an atheist by the time he met his mother, and he himself is an every sunday church going christian. His views on religion and political direction are actually far more in line with the 'red state' people than they are being led by the nose to believe by their 'blue state' living mouthpieces.

I think what stinks more than the swift boat and subsequent hiding out in the national guard never performing duties crap is that both sides are slinging this sort of mud at Obama whom hasn't actually said he's planning on running in 2008.

Ironically, this stuff continues to crop up and spread like wildfire now because he's expected to announce if he plans to run or not within a week.

BeetDigger
1/3/2007, 05:34 PM
I think that stuff is being spread by Hillary, not the Republicans. :D

picasso
1/3/2007, 05:36 PM
the funny thing is Obama is being treated like a rock star and I don't even know what he stands for or is all about. does he have cool hair like John Edwards?

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 06:20 PM
I think that stuff is being spread by Hillary, not the Republicans. :D
I thought this stuff was being spread because he wrote a book about it.

King Crimson
1/3/2007, 06:50 PM
Obama's problems come election time will be some questionable dealings with the nuclear power industry and a major airlines.

King Crimson
1/3/2007, 06:53 PM
the funny thing is Obama is being treated like a rock star and I don't even know what he stands for or is all about. does he have cool hair like John Edwards?

he eats bunnies, raw.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2007, 07:33 PM
If he becomes a likey Pres. candidate, the MSM will spin his drugging past in a positive way. Something like "a man of courage, for admitting it, and facing his past problems". We all know that will be the case.The interesting thing about his candidacy is whether Mr. Clinton wants Obama to win, and what shenanigans will the former POTUS pull if he doesn't want Obama on the ticket, or at the top of the ticket.

BigRedJed
1/3/2007, 07:38 PM
If you think Dean hasn't tried drugs, you weren't paying attention in South Oval class.

King Crimson
1/3/2007, 07:52 PM
If he becomes a likey Pres. candidate, the MSM will spin his drugging past in a positive way. Something like "a man of courage, for admitting it, and facing his past problems". .

you mean just like W?

1/3/2007, 08:28 PM
you mean just like W?Yes, the inverse of how they treated "W".

Scott D
1/3/2007, 08:39 PM
I thought this stuff was being spread because he wrote a book about it.

A book that was written and published back in 1995. It's only become a hot button recently.

If he becomes a likey Pres. candidate, the MSM will spin his drugging past in a positive way. Something like "a man of courage, for admitting it, and facing his past problems". We all know that will be the case.The interesting thing about his candidacy is whether Mr. Clinton wants Obama to win, and what shenanigans will the former POTUS pull if he doesn't want Obama on the ticket, or at the top of the ticket.

God forbid a man explains rash decisions he made in his teen years in a book. I don't seem to remember the media spending a great deal of time and energy on GWB's allegations of cocaine abuse in the early 70s after it's initial breaking. And they surely don't harp all over the alcoholism allegations much anymore.

I do agree that the Clintons are likely going to shovel all kinds of dirt and crap in his direction should he decide to run.

Jerk
1/3/2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?old=true&can_id=BS030017&npatform_id=69#7

Obama wants to ban the sale and transfere of all semi-auto weapons. Sounds like he thinks people like me are criminals, even though I've never killed anyone. If he can't trust me to responsibly use and own a semi-automatic rifle or pistol, then why in sam hell should I trust him as a politician with power?

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 08:56 PM
A book that was written and published back in 1995. It's only become a hot button recently.

God forbid a man explains rash decisions he made in his teen years in a book. I don't seem to remember the media spending a great deal of time and energy on GWB's allegations of cocaine abuse in the early 70s after it's initial breaking. And they surely don't harp all over the alcoholism allegations much anymore.

I do agree that the Clintons are likely going to shovel all kinds of dirt and crap in his direction should he decide to run.

pretty much the partisan response, ignore everything my side has done and focus in on the exact same thing the opposite side did.

I never did coke as teen

I wasn't a poor black teen and I wasn't a rich white kid.

It's called being a hypocrit, yeah so what if I did it, I'm different that's my excuse but you did it and that makes you evil.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?old=true&can_id=BS030017&npatform_id=69#7

Obama wants to ban the sale and transfere of all semi-auto weapons. Sounds like he thinks people like me are criminals, even though I've never killed anyone. If he can't trust me to responsibly use and own a semi-automatic rifle or pistol, then why in sam hell should I trust him as a politician with power?

probably because most people who own semi-automatic weapons don't own them legally, or have plans to use them in legal ways.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:12 PM
pretty much the partisan response, ignore everything my side has done and focus in on the exact same thing the opposite side did.

I never did coke as teen

I wasn't a poor black teen and I wasn't a rich white kid.

It's called being a hypocrit, yeah so what if I did it, I'm different that's my excuse but you did it and that makes you evil.

*shrug* if you think my response was a partisan response then so be it. What I was saying is it looks more like a "yeah I'll say I did it", rather than a "oh look, he's trying to hide that he did it" thing. I'm pretty sure I even made a point of saying that the Bush stuff was allegedly done. I can't prove it, and I sure as hell don't trust the media with any information that is politically motivated.

I never had any inclination to do drugs growing up. I however knew people that were lost enough that they did. It doesn't make them a bad person. He doesn't in his book criticize anyone over drugs, and said it was a dumb decision that he made as a kid.

So what if either of them did anything in high school or college. If you eliminated everyone who did something stupid growing up, nobody would ever be eligible for any sort of political office in this country.

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 09:13 PM
probably because most people who own semi-automatic weapons don't own them legally, or have plans to use them in legal ways.

and you know this how?

I have no dog in the semi-auto fight, I'm just wondering how you know this.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:14 PM
and you know this how?

I have no dog in the semi-auto fight, I'm just wondering how you know this.

most gang related deaths/killings usually involve semi-automatic or automatic weapons.

otherwise there wouldn't be a dog in a weapons ban fight.

Jerk
1/3/2007, 09:15 PM

You're full of it and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:16 PM
You're full of sh** and you have no idea what you're talking about.

I would place you in the minority that legally owns your semi-automatic weapons my friend.

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 09:17 PM
*shrug* if you think my response was a partisan response then so be it. What I was saying is it looks more like a "yeah I'll say I did it", rather than a "oh look, he's trying to hide that he did it" thing. I'm pretty sure I even made a point of saying that the Bush stuff was allegedly done. I can't prove it, and I sure as hell don't trust the media with any information that is politically motivated.

I never had any inclination to do drugs growing up. I however knew people that were lost enough that they did. It doesn't make them a bad person. He doesn't in his book criticize anyone over drugs, and said it was a dumb decision that he made as a kid.

So what if either of them did anything in high school or college. If you eliminated everyone who did something stupid growing up, nobody would ever be eligible for any sort of political office in this country.

you brought up Bush, not me. If it's horrible then both are horrible if not then why bring it up.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:19 PM
you brought up Bush, not me. If it's horrible then both are horrible if not then why bring it up.

pretty much to use compare and contrast about how the media is as jerk likes to say 'full of ****'.

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 09:19 PM
I would place you in the minority that legally owns your semi-automatic weapons my friend.

and you would be wrong

Jerk
1/3/2007, 09:22 PM
There are 300,000,000 guns in America and 80,000,000 gun owners. Now, I can't break down the type and calibre of each of these weapons, and I would venture to guess that if you made two piles from them all, one pile would be the .22's and the other would be everything else, and the .22 pile would be larger. Regardless, that is an enormous number. If you dig deep (maybe FBI stats) you'll find that .001% of all guns are used in a crime.

The problem is not our freedom, but some people's lack of reponsibility.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:24 PM
and you would be wrong

*shrug* could be. not like I'd report him anyway.

Guns are always a sketchy kind of subject. Problem today is that too many are out there and too many of them are too easy to obtain illegally anyway. Most gun control laws/bans are a lost cause no matter what the intentions.

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 09:27 PM
pretty much to use compare and contrast about how the media is as jerk likes to say 'full of ****'.

yep this makes you right, pretty much proves my point, instead of having a point let's point at someone else.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:28 PM
There are 300,000,000 guns in America and 80,000,000 gun owners. Now, I can't break down the type and calibre of each of these weapons, and I would venture to guess that if you made two piles from them all, one pile would be the .22's and the other would be everything else, and the .22 pile would be larger. Regardless, that is an enormous number. If you dig deep (maybe FBI stats) you'll find that .001% of all guns are used in a crime.

The problem is not our freedom, but some people's lack of reponsibility.

would those numbers be legally owned?

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2007, 09:29 PM
I totally agree with jerk on this issue.

In keeping with the 2nd Amendment, the individual citizen should be able to seek some sort of parity with the government as far as armament is concerned.

I'm a huge fan of restricting gun ownership for those who have committed violent crimes, and not the least bit a fan of restricting sales to law abiding citizens.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 09:38 PM
yep this makes you right, pretty much proves my point, instead of having a point let's point at someone else.

ok, so saying that it doesn't matter if either of them did anything is having no point. pointing out that the media makes mountains out of molehills is having no point. pointing out that everyone has done something stupid in their youth is having no point. pointing out how stupid and pathetic politics has gotten is having no point.

clearly none of my posts prior to the gun control discussion had no point.

usmc-sooner
1/3/2007, 09:49 PM
ok, so saying that it doesn't matter if either of them did anything is having no point. pointing out that the media makes mountains out of molehills is having no point. pointing out that everyone has done something stupid in their youth is having no point. pointing out how stupid and pathetic politics has gotten is having no point.

clearly none of my posts prior to the gun control discussion had no point.

I never stopped you from making a point.

Vaevictis
1/3/2007, 11:00 PM

I've never tried any illegal stubstance, nor tried any substance illegally. I've had less than an ounce of alchohol in my life, most of it dumped on my head at a baseball game as a kid. Caffiene is it.

Granted, I'm in the minority here, but what the heck. :)

sooner_born_1960
1/4/2007, 12:49 AM
When a nobody writes a book, nobody give a damn. Now that he's somebody, it's relevant. I don't make the rules.

1stTimeCaller
1/4/2007, 12:56 AM

This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on this board. It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe you are confused with the term semi-automatic and automatic or select fire weapons?

SoonerTerry
1/4/2007, 05:44 AM
As far as Obama and drug use, I would have to say that now when he bashes drug use, at least he would have some insite on the issue.

Now on to gun ownership. Scott D, I respect your right to have an opinion on this matter, but I'm afraid you judgement is missguided at best. Frankly, the only thing that keeps borderline criminals from going all out and kicking your door in and taking all your stuff then beating you to death is the posibility of you being armed and willing to kill armed intruders.

And if most of the semi-automatic weapons are owned by criminals, what good would making them illegal do?

That was quite a blanket statement you made there about most guns being owned criminals with evil intent.

But luckily you have the opportunity to listen to some rational points of view here, and I hope you can be open minded enough learn something.

Rogue
1/4/2007, 07:00 AM
Drug use notwithstanding, Obama is a shoe-in:

.....and of course

6) Catholics will vote for him because they think O'bama is an Irish name. :D :D :D

I'm glad to see the new era of it being OK to tell the truth about smoking pot.

And, as a gun totin', 2nd amendment liberal, most everyone in my family and most of my friends have a semi-automatic handgun. They are very common and I don't know anybody who has an illegal semi-automatic weapon. I'm sure that some of my friends that have AR-15s and AK-47s have converted them to full-auto. Sic'Em is right about the reasons for an armed electorate. It is supposed to keep us on par with the gubmint's strength in case we need to overthrow the gubmint for oppressin' us. Seriously. Not that my hunting rifle and .357 will keep a renegade military with tanks, bombers, and artillery out of my neighborhood.

Jerk
1/4/2007, 07:07 AM
:D :D :D

Not that my hunting rifle and .357 will keep a renegade military with tanks, bombers, and artillery out of my neighborhood.

You're right. But real estate is always controlled by kicking in people's doors, and that is where the playing field is more equal.

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2007, 08:49 AM

If by "tried something" you mean crack and/or weed please put me in the has not category. Thanks.

tbl
1/4/2007, 09:02 AM
The main deterrent in him getting a lot of votes will be his stance on abortion, in particular PBA, which doesn't sit well with many people.

sooner n houston
1/4/2007, 09:33 AM
As far as Obama and drug use, I would have to say that now when he bashes drug use, at least he would have some insite on the issue.

Now on to gun ownership. Scott D, I respect your right to have an opinion on this matter, but I'm afraid you judgement is missguided at best. Frankly, the only thing that keeps borderline criminals from going all out and kicking your door in and taking all your stuff then beating you to death is the posibility of you being armed and willing to kill armed intruders.

And if most of the semi-automatic weapons are owned by criminals, what good would making them illegal do?

That was quite a blanket statement you made there about most guns being owned criminals with evil intent.

But luckily you have the opportunity to listen to some rational points of view here, and I hope you can be open minded enough learn something.

SoonerTerry,
sorry dude you're going to have to find some place else to post! Rational thought put forth without malice is NOT allowed here! :D

C&CDean
1/4/2007, 10:07 AM
Let me put a couple things to bed here.

1. I've smoked pot. Kilos of the stuff. I smoked it from the time I was 12 until the time I was 30. I've sold pot. Kilos of the stuff. On a very related sidenote, I do not possess a single high school credit. Think pot had anything to do with that?

2. I've done coke, speed, acid, opiates, downers, PCP, and pretty much every thing there is out there that people put into their bodies to escape reality. Kilos of the stuff. I've gone through enough 8-balls to sink the average bass boat. I've "flipped out" on acid enough times that I probably shouldn't have a brain cell left. If you haven't heard "Gimme Shelter" while running through the desert with helecopters chasing you and cacti coming alive with purple veins all over them - well then you just haven't lived. Not.

3. Scott, you are usually a very intelligent poster. Your comment about automatic weapons was by far the most ignorant thing you have posted on this bbs. "most of the people who have automatic weapons have them illegally??" You must have been smoking the **** when you typed that. It's not illegal to own them. Unless you're a convicted felon. Just because the junior gangsta wannabes steal them and use them in crimes, doesn't mean "most" of the people own them illegally. I'm gonna help you out here. How about "most of the people in downtown Detroit who use semi-automatic weapons while commiting a crime own them illegally." That would be a factual statement.

4. I couldn't give a **** one way or the other about Obama. However, he'd have a lot more cred in my book if he would steer clear of Oprah/Hillary/Liberal whackjobs, and change his name. It's unfortunate that the guy who blew our **** up is named Osama, cause I simply cannot hear "Obama" without thinking "Osama."

picasso
1/4/2007, 10:36 AM
Dean, did you ever inject heroin between your toes?

what a ride man.

C&CDean
1/4/2007, 01:21 PM
Dean, did you ever inject heroin between your toes?

what a ride man.

Toes? No. Nutsack? Yes.

yermom
1/4/2007, 02:23 PM
god i hope you are kidding

dolemitesooner
1/4/2007, 02:34 PM
Toes? No. Nutsack? Yes.
WOW

C&CDean
1/4/2007, 02:52 PM
Hey now, you ain't lived till you've stuck a dull, crooked needle into a blue vein.

OklahomaRed
1/4/2007, 04:05 PM
Dean, been there, did that. Always drew the line at needles. I guess the question is whether or not that I admit that, does it make me a better candidate for president? I'm glad that my past is not held against me by those I care about, but it might say something about my ability to make sound rational thoughts that may effect billions of people? On the other side of the coin, it might make me less quick to judge and pass judgement.

I need more facts on where Osama stands on critical issues that I feel strongly about. I also agree that the further he can distance himself from Oprah, Hillary, and Gore the better.

sooner_born_1960
1/4/2007, 04:08 PM
I need more facts on where Osama stands on critical issues that I feel strongly about. I also agree that the further he can distance himself from Oprah, Hillary, and Gore the better.
Intended or not, that's funny.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/4/2007, 04:11 PM
I love the whole "I don't know anything about his policies or voting records but by gawd he will be horrible for this country!"

OklahomaRed
1/4/2007, 04:12 PM
Intended or not, that's funny.

Heh!!

Gandalf, never said he would be bad, just need more information in a public forum before I punch his ticket in the voting booth! :cool:

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/4/2007, 04:21 PM
I am just talking about some of the general talk from people on this board about Obama. I mean seriously we are coming up on Martin Luther King Jr. Day and one thing is abundantly clear and that is that we aren't judged on the content of our character. We have either been taught to vote for the status quo or vote for a letter at the end of a candidates name. And to let you in on a little secret, It doesn't matter if Koffi Annan, Hitler, Jed Bush, Hilary Clinton, or Larry the Cable Guy gets elected because in America our politicians aren't expected to do much. All they do is sit on Capital Hill and argue and then whine and bitch that the other side won't let them do what they want.

jk the sooner fan
1/4/2007, 04:24 PM
i havent read that from anybody gandalf.....i've read those of us who dont know enough about him say that we want to hear more.....but i've yet to hear how he's awful for the country

maybe i missed a couple of posts, dunno

OklahomaRed
1/4/2007, 04:30 PM
I'm open minded enough to listen to what he has to say. I think what will hurt him is his lack of major experience. I'm with you on politicians on both sides of the fence just milking the system and getting rich off of their positions and not doing anything to try to make things better. I do stand in amazement when I hear people say they voted for someone because they have a nice smile, or that they seemed "honest", or that they just wanted a change. I think people should vote by looking at the facts, trying to determine what is important to them, their jobs, their family, and their security and comfort; and then try to make the best decision based on what they have discovered.

jk the sooner fan
1/4/2007, 04:32 PM
my understanding is that he's pretty liberal by most standards.......thats enough to keep me from voting for him

i wont vote for pretty....i dont much care how great a speaker he is, or how refined he is...thats all fluff

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/4/2007, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to our next president being named Barack Hussein Obama! :rolleyes:

his name has to doom much of a chance he has of getting elected

i'm not sure if being half-African hurts or helps him

So, barring some connection to Al Queda, people are gonna eat this guy up. Some people already are. He ain't gonna ever get my vote - unless he changes his name to something a little less terrorist. Like John Smith.

Well there is 3 and you in fact agreed with the third one ;)

Jerk
1/4/2007, 04:44 PM
I already know enough about his positions. It has nothing to do with charac..errr...race, as you assume. A black muslim man who is a right wing libertarian gets my vote over the christian white male who is a socialists. I know everything I need to know about Obama - he's a big gov't liberal - and I won't vote for him unless the alternative is Satan. Actually, if Satan would decrease the size and scope of the federal gov't, then I'd vote for him. Might as well give Lucifer a try - the Repubs had 12 years and didn't do it. The dems damned sure aren't going to do it.

usmc-sooner
1/4/2007, 06:30 PM
I am just talking about some of the general talk from people on this board about Obama. I mean seriously we are coming up on Martin Luther King Jr. Day and one thing is abundantly clear and that is that we aren't judged on the content of our character. We have either been taught to vote for the status quo or vote for a letter at the end of a candidates name. And to let you in on a little secret, It doesn't matter if Koffi Annan, Hitler, Jed Bush, Hilary Clinton, or Larry the Cable Guy gets elected because in America our politicians aren't expected to do much. All they do is sit on Capital Hill and argue and then whine and bitch that the other side won't let them do what they want.

I love how people play up the race card like this or Kanye West, but fail to give credit to President Bush for putting 2 Black people on his staff. He's also got 2 Hispanics on his staff.

let's see it let's forget Clinton and OBama's drug use but it's abuse when W. does it.
let's ignore the fact that W. has promoted several minorities to high positions but let's make it an issue for OBama.

Let's see did he go to Vietnam, that's the only other thing the Dem's are willing to give Clinton a pass on yet were ready to hang Bush.

yermom
1/4/2007, 06:39 PM
Well there is 3 and you in fact agreed with the third one ;)

the middle one is mine, and i stand by it totally :D

i'm not saying how i'd vote, i'm saying how i can see the public voting

i don't know much about him, but i don't see how anyone can hear his name and not think Osama

picasso
1/4/2007, 06:58 PM
I'm voting for Ernie Velveeta. sure he did acid with Dean and made some interracial porn flicks but by God he's in position on the issues.

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2007, 07:16 PM
Pat Buchanan.

1/4/2007, 07:35 PM
Pat Buchanan.You must like saying his name. You won't be hearing it anywhere else.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/4/2007, 07:54 PM
Can't we all agree that Bozo the ****ing Clown could and would do as much as any asshat we have elected in about 20 years?

Jerk
1/4/2007, 08:25 PM
Can't we all agree that Bozo the ****ing Clown could and would do as much as any asshat we have elected in about 20 years?

I agree. Although I still think GW's legacy can be a good one if we win in Iraq (meaning, leave it with a functioning democracy that can sustain and protect itself, and maintain order) but I think the American people will lose their will before this happens. Guess I'm a pessemist, but all I see for the next 50 years is endless warfare - the West versus the Muslims...and our culture is becoming too feminized, too PC, too touchy-feely, and too weak to win.

Who's the last President to really accomplish something big? IMO it is Ronald Reagan out-spending the USSR into financial oblivioun.

What we will need in the future is not something we will have unless something drastic happens - like an American city getting nuked off the face of the planet by terrorist. That would change attitudes.

Jerk
1/4/2007, 08:35 PM
oh- and to back me up - I don't think the fed.gov is about to test "activate" the selective service program just for sh**s and giggles.

People will have to figure out - it's either us or them.

We may actually see the fall of Europe in our lifetimes. They're fooked.

1stTimeCaller
1/5/2007, 02:24 AM
I live in Oklahoma. I can't vote for him or whomever runs against him in the Senate in 6 years. At this tim I do not care about him or his beliefs.

I do care that Scott D has no idea about gun ownership yet he uses his broad brush to make most of us to be criminals.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2007, 02:30 AM
Guess I'm a pessemist, but all I see for the next 50 years is endless warfare - the West versus the Muslims...and our culture is becoming too feminized, too PC, too touchy-feely, and too weak to win.

Which is kind of ironic considering that a lot of the muslim hatred for these United States stems from the fact that our culture is undermining their society. They see American culture and civilization as a corrupting force among their youth and society. Which it is.

If our society feminizes then in theory theirs might also. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2007, 07:49 AM
I believe his broad brush said people that have automatic guns illegally are the criminals...which technically can't be argued with. And don't say you don't agree with the law, because Dahmer thought he should be able to eat people and you can see how he might not have thought that should have been illegal either. I don't have a problem with someone say having some automatic weapons if they go through the proper channels, however, I don't want a camp of Muslims in North Carolina to be able buy 900 Machine guns because we don't want our guns legislated AT ALL.

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 09:29 AM
I believe his broad brush said people that have automatic guns illegally are the criminals...which technically can't be argued with. And don't say you don't agree with the law, because Dahmer thought he should be able to eat people and you can see how he might not have thought that should have been illegal either. I don't have a problem with someone say having some automatic weapons if they go through the proper channels, however, I don't want a camp of Muslims in North Carolina to be able buy 900 Machine guns because we don't want our guns legislated AT ALL.

No, he said that most people who own semi-automatic weapons own them illegally. Which is not true. At all.

And why do you hate Allah?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2007, 10:49 AM
I would be willing to bet he isnt' too far from the truth, I have about 20 friends who "own" semi-automatic weapons illegally. Also I would be just as concerned if a group of Southern Baptists collected 900 machine guns in a compound. But you guys probably wouldn't be as worried unless I say Muslims.

usmc-sooner
1/5/2007, 10:58 AM
so your 20 friends mean that the majority of people who own them, own them illegally.

Hell if your so damn worried about Baptists and Muslisms turn in your 20 friends.

sooner_born_1960
1/5/2007, 11:22 AM
What kind of friends do you have? Anyone without a criminal record can legally own a semi-automatic weapon.

C&CDean
1/5/2007, 11:26 AM
So, gandalf hangs out with crims. I'd suggest you pick a better class of friend.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2007, 12:18 PM
No, mostly it is a bunch of country kids who like to go shoot bottles and stuff like a bunch of hillbillies. They could probably go get all of the records legal and stuff but most of them are either "Jerkish" and say stuff like, it's my Gawd Given right to own this gun or have what we like to call minor legal indiscretions on the books ;)

usmc-sooner
1/5/2007, 12:30 PM
I got to call BS how'd your country kid friends happen to illegally own these guns? Are they buying them stolen? off the country kid black market? From their country kid gun runners association?

If you're so worried about the Baptists and Muslims owning them illegally turn your country kid friends in. Is it something that you're willing to complain about and then turn a blind eye to if it's close to you.

Scott D
1/5/2007, 12:41 PM
You know, I can admit that I could be and probably am, wrong about who owns what legally or illegally. And quite frankly I don't care. What does bother me is that it's too easy for too many people to own too many guns.

And Dean, drug money usually means that those types of criminals don't need to steal weapons when they are so easily available via less than reputable individuals who will sell whatever weapons to whomever because it's pretty easy to get them into the country.

and usmc, you have a point about people making a big deal about bush allegedly doing drugs. I however said that him suppossedly doing them doesn't matter to me either. It didn't matter when it first popped up in 2000, and it doesn't matter now. Clearly it didn't matter enough to enough of the nation to get him elected. We're at a crossroads with the age grouping of potential political candidates whom were teens or in college during the late 60s.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2007, 01:04 PM
A) a 16 year old that goes into the woods and shoot bottles are they the same threat as a group of 900 Muslims with 900 Machine guns?

I probably mis-stated on the 20 friends thing because some of them probably do own them legally now, in high school, probably not so much. However I have quite a few that know how to modify guns and make them fully automatic or semi. I would assume that one is very illegal as well.

1stTimeCaller
1/5/2007, 01:14 PM
Gandalf, your posts indicate that you have some wrong assumptions about gun laws.

sooner_born_1960
1/5/2007, 01:52 PM
I have two semi-automatic weapons that I bought while in high school. I'm not big into guns or anything.
Are we talking about the same thing when we talk about semi-automatic weapons? Every trigger pull results in a shot, until you run out.

Jerk
1/5/2007, 07:23 PM
Gandalf, better tell your friends that if the BATFE finds out about people illegally owning fully-automatic machine guns, they will show up with many men in black suits and body armor, throw tear gas grenades in their house , shoot their dog, and drag the so called "jerkish" people to the federal pound me in the arse prison for 10 years (each count)

I think you're confused. There is a difference between full auto machine gun, and semi-auto.

btw- many people legally own machine guns. They are class III weapons that are taxed and papered. The last murder committed with one was in the 1940's.