PDA

View Full Version : Keep in Mind

tru2ou
1/3/2007, 12:05 PM
If Notre Dame wins tonight, it will be a bigger upset than Boise State beating OU. LSU is favored by 9 or 9 1/2 and OU was favored by 7 or 7 1/2.

- TRU

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 12:09 PM
Tonight's matchup is very intriguing, I think. I know it approaches the same level as watching the TU/SC Rose Bowl last year as far as a matchup between two "hated" teams for Sooner fans, but I think it'll be interesting to see what the Irish can do to move against what is said to be a very good LSU defense.

I say what is said to be b/c I'm not really in awe of SEC defenses like the rest of the world seems to be, I just think they face terrible offenses every week. JaMarcus should be able to move the ball against ND, but I think LSU will have to establish a running attack, which they haven't really been able to do much of this year, to be successful offensively.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 12:12 PM
If Notre Dame wins tonight, it will be a bigger upset than Boise State beating OU. LSU is favored by 9 or 9 1/2 and OU was favored by 7 or 7 1/2.

- TRU
Plus, the media ALWAYS love to love the Domers, so that an upset might replace the FB as the "greatest whatever evar". :rolleyes:
But it ain't gonna happen.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/3/2007, 12:18 PM

- TRU

Yeah, and remember we were "HUGE" favorites, I can't imagine what LSU is :rolleyes:

Boomer.....
1/3/2007, 12:18 PM
I don't see anyway that the Domers poor offense can get past the LSU defense. I see an easy win for Lester.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, and remember we were "HUGE" favorites, I can't imagine what LSU is :rolleyes:
Even the rabid frothing media can't credibly label ND "David" or LSU "Goliath"

southern sooner
1/3/2007, 12:40 PM
is there any chance they can both lose? if not let the lsu thugs go down...

westcoast_sooner
1/3/2007, 02:48 PM
Hmm - lester or domers???? Tough choice. Kinda like choosing between a root canal and a broken arm.

StuIsTheMan
1/3/2007, 02:51 PM
number 99 wooo hooo...

Socrefbek
1/3/2007, 02:56 PM
Eh. I say let the Domers win one. They have not won a bowl game since the first century.

Plus I think my dislike for "Corndog" Les far exceeds my dislike for ND. In fact a good 20 point or better beatdown would be nice to watch. After living in New Orleans for 4 years I can only honestly say I despise OState, Texas, Miami and USC remotely near the level I dislike the LSU faithful.

tpatton
1/3/2007, 03:00 PM
I'm not a ND fan, but I can't stand Les Miles arrogance. I hope ND hands them their hat early and often. Les Miles scowl is as enjoyable for me to watch as Mack Browns bewildered look.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 03:06 PM
Eh. I say let the Domers win one. They have not won a bowl game since the first century.

Plus I think my dislike for "Corndog" Les far exceeds my dislike for ND. In fact a good 20 point or better beatdown would be nice to watch. After living in New Orleans for 4 years I can only honestly say I despise OState, Texas, Miami and USC remotely near the level I dislike the LSU faithful.

Heh. As I just wrote to a fellow Tulane grad who announced he would "reluctantly" cheer for the Irish: " Even if I don't cheer for the Irish, I surely won't cheer for LSU, but will probably read a book." LSU fans are generally more tolerable in defeat.

But ND won't be able to handle the speed and power of LSU's defense. I may end up with my book in hand by half-time.

MamaMia
1/3/2007, 03:17 PM

- TRUGood point. They have touchdown Jesus though. :pop: