PDA

View Full Version : Our drive home...

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 11:52 AM
Too damn long. Think god I40 was opened. Don’t think I will ever take another road trip like this unless I can leave early and take my time coming back.

But it was weird, every stop we made coming back somebody would say "best game I ever saw or one of the best". I guess my crimson colored glasses saw a different game.

From a pure college fan with no affiliation to either team might think this was great game, maybe I dwell on our mistakes too much. To me it would have been a great game if we would have played mistake free, even if we lost. One thing to get beat another to bury yourself with your own mistakes. Don’t get me wrong BSU showed up to play and took advantage and congrats to them.

Also congrats to OUr team. They did not give up.

But damn that was a long freaking drive home.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 12:20 PM
A victory would have made it seem like floating on air. Just sayin....

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 12:22 PM
A flight would have made it seem like floating on air as well.

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 12:28 PM
trust me next time I fly or I stay home. But yea win would have made it alot easier.

IronSooner
1/3/2007, 02:51 PM
trust me next time I fly or I stay home. But yea win would have made it alot easier.

Same here. Yet another cause for frustration when you put 2300 miles on a car that's already halfway to a new transmission just to watch your team lose to an underdog on national tv.

OUmillenium
1/3/2007, 04:14 PM
Wow, that's a long drive. It's about 16 1/2 hours from Tulsa to Pheonix and that is with no snow on the roads. Glad you made it back safely.

OUWxGuesser
1/3/2007, 04:35 PM
Sounds like your drive went better than this:

BOISE, Idaho -- J.R. Simplot, one of Idaho's wealthiest men, was recovering Tuesday in the intensive care unit of a Phoenix hospital after undergoing surgery for a head injury the elderly billionaire suffered when he fell from a motorized wheelchair scooter as he was leaving the Fiesta Bowl.

Simplot, who turns 98 on Thursday, is the founder of J.R. Simplot Co., the namesake agribusiness conglomerate that manufactures agricultural, horticultural and turf fertilizers; animal feed and seeds; food products and industrial chemicals. J.R. Simplot has a processing plant and fertilizer businesses in the Grand Forks area.

Simplot was leaving University of Phoenix Stadium after Boise State's Monday night victory in the Fiesta Bowl when his motorized scooter flipped in the parking lot and Simplot struck his head.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=22608

MamaMia
1/3/2007, 04:56 PM
The long trip back after a loss can be weary at times. Welcome home. :)