PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson: In case you haven't heard, I'm still crazy.

Rhino
1/3/2007, 11:38 AM
Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007 (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html)

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Mjcpr
1/3/2007, 11:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/harleysgal62/Smilies/New/bitenails.gif

picasso
1/3/2007, 11:52 AM
maybe it's the Chicago UFO?

Widescreen
1/3/2007, 12:04 PM
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."
If you're wrong, it's not from God.

I used to send CBN a check every month. I stopped that about 5 years ago when it became obvious he was going off the deep end.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 12:07 PM
man but just think, if it does happen.......he'll be all like "how do ya like me now?"

picasso
1/3/2007, 12:12 PM
probably safe to say ole Patsy isn't the only person predicting a local terrorist attack this year.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 12:13 PM
yeah homeland security....them too, lol

Rhino
1/3/2007, 12:18 PM
man but just think, if it does happen.......he'll be all like "how do ya like me now?" Or, if one American dies from terrorist activity, he'll say his prediction was partly fulfilled.

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 12:19 PM
well hey, we got some really heavy rains here in the metroplex last friday.......PSEUDO TSUNAMI

RacerX
1/3/2007, 12:21 PM
PSEUDO TSUNAMI

Band name nominee.

King Crimson
1/3/2007, 12:31 PM
really bad Poison cover Band name nominee.

:mad:

Scott D
1/3/2007, 12:32 PM
maybe they'll bomb Virginia Beach and kill two birds with one stone.

soonerbrat
1/3/2007, 01:24 PM
i wonder if he'd share whatever it is he's smoking on his "retreats"

Rook65
1/3/2007, 01:42 PM
He can also leg press over 2000 pounds, making him one of the strongest men in the world. He has witnesses to this amazing feat of strength, as well.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 01:45 PM
with legs that strong I'm surprized he hasn't dislocated his jaw sticking his foot in his mouth.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 01:54 PM
i just had a thought......maybe Mr Robertson should be head of homeland security..with the connections he's got, just think how much you'd be able to shrink that part of the federal budget

BoomerGirl34
1/3/2007, 03:05 PM
Why is this charlatan still on television? Someone's granny is probably sending this arseclown money.....

bri
1/3/2007, 04:25 PM
I predict that next year he'll predict that "God told me some heavy sh*t's goin' down. Mark my words...things are going to happen."

Rook65
1/3/2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/legpress_explanation.aspx

bri
1/3/2007, 06:20 PM
Dude, that's the job I want. I want to be the guy at CBN.com who's in charge of taking the crazy things Pat says and try to make them sound somewhat less crazy. :D

TopDawg
1/3/2007, 06:25 PM
I predict that next year he'll predict that "God told me some heavy sh*t's goin' down. Mark my words...things are going to happen."

Let me guess. If Robertson predicts anything next year, bri's going to claim the prophecy was partially fulfilled.

TopDawg
1/3/2007, 06:28 PM
If you're wrong, it's not from God.

I used to send CBN a check every month. I stopped that about 5 years ago when it became obvious he was going off the deep end.

Going?

only 5 years ago?

;)

bri
1/3/2007, 06:35 PM
Let me guess. If Robertson predicts anything next year, bri's going to claim the prophecy was partially fulfilled.

Are you kidding me? By predicting that if Robertson predicts anything next year, I'll claim my prophecy partially fufilled, you're already partially fufilled my prophecy about Robertson's future prophecies.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm running late for the biweekly panel discussion group that I run with Pat Robertson and GDC, "Crazy Like Me".

stoopified
1/3/2007, 07:43 PM
Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007 (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html)
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.We have a theologian among us?