PDA

View Full Version : Any of you own this picture?

RacerX
1/3/2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.virabit.com/%7Emuseumof/Files/joe%20washington%20jr.jpg

If so, where did you get it?

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 12:26 PM
you can get that on a 5x8 via ebay.....

fadada1
1/3/2007, 01:14 PM
you can get the black and white version on campus (assuming you are there) from the western history library (old law barn with the owls) up on the north oval. in fact, you can order all those old pictures you see around campus. i've got a bunch from the old football teams (1905, 1911, mex the dog, etc...).

little known, pretty cool resource.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 01:19 PM
yeah order the black and white, then color it in yourself

remember, back then it was red, not crimson ;)

fadada1
1/3/2007, 01:23 PM

smart ace:D

OUDoc
1/3/2007, 01:47 PM
Racer, I've been looking for that one for years. I never knew where to get it. I first saw it at The T-Bar. Thought about stealing it from there once.

RacerX
1/3/2007, 01:47 PM

Oh, i've got the box of 128. Not a problem.

Petro-Sooner
1/3/2007, 01:52 PM
you can get the black and white version on campus (assuming you are there) from the western history library (old law barn with the owls) up on the north oval. in fact, you can order all those old pictures you see around campus. i've got a bunch from the old football teams (1905, 1911, mex the dog, etc...).

I've thought about getting a few pics I've seen on campus. What do they run?

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 12:53 AM

Are you sure? I've poured through the Western History Collection (http://libraries.ou.edu/etc/westhist/intro/)several times and haven't found that one yet.

For those who want to look through the WHC, click on "Gallery" and then the subjects that are best (for this topic) are "Football, University of Oklahoma", "Homecoming, University of Oklahoma", "OU Collection/Athletics", "OU Collection/Homecoming". Of course you'll see that there are beaucoup more photos, but those are the best places to find good football ones.

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 12:56 AM
On a related note, I once saw a painting of that photo at some store in Brookhaven Village.

fadada1
1/4/2007, 09:59 AM
you guys actually have to go IN the library!!!! ask them to see the football pictures collection.

TD, the picture above is not the one they have. the one you can get is B&W and much closer and imo, a better pic.

PETRO, i think the 4x6 prints went for $8. and i think the 8x10 were $12-$15. it's a good source of funds for the library. i think they go up to poster size if touch them inappropriately.

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 10:19 AM
The prices can be found in that link I posted above. The smallest they have is 5x7 and their B&Ws start at $16. So it's a little pricey.

I often wondered if they had more pictures in the actual library than they had catalogued online. I'll have to go check it out.

RacerX
1/4/2007, 10:21 AM
The prices can be found in that link I posted above. The smallest they have is 5x7 and their B&Ws start at $16. So it's a little pricey.

I often wondered if they had more pictures in the actual library than they had catalogued online. I'll have to go check it out.

:rolleyes:

TopDawg
1/4/2007, 10:21 AM
I'll be sure to report my findings.

fadada1
1/4/2007, 10:24 AM
I'll be sure to report my findings.
you've got 10 minutes. you might be a total of 50 steps from your office in the union to the law barn.

and give stroud a kick in the stones when you see him.