PDA

View Full Version : Article in Star Telegram

fwsooner22
1/3/2007, 11:22 AM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/16373267.htm

The "powers that be" don't allow me to post links.....so if someone could help, please.

The article blames a lot of people and programs for the BCS. The name calling of Switzer just never gets old for writers in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Gil Lebreton (writer) is all over the board in the article and clearly hates Switzer and OU and in end, the BCS is our (fans) fault along with coaches including one Mac Brown. Prepare to have a question mark appear over your head while reading.

For all of you that are going to reply that you don't disagree with him in premise. Neither do I. I am only sharing it because he wants to blame fans for the BCS. Its wacky. Hate the BCS? Yes, but fans, c'mon.

westcoast_sooner
1/3/2007, 12:29 PM
This guy sounds like a bleeding heart, TCU homer who didn't get enough hugs from his dad when he was a kid.

Sheesh, there will ALWAYS be haves and have-nots in this imperfect world. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The Sooners, the Longhorns and plenty of other schools have built programs over decades. Yeah, once in awhile one of these "outsiders" is going to rise up and get us. BYU did it back in the 80s. Clemson had a pretty good team for a few years. But parity, it ain't. IMO, it wouldn't be good for the game anyway.

fwsooner22
1/3/2007, 12:45 PM
Glad you found it ridiculous too WCS........thought it was just me for awhile........The guy is usually on the mark but must have been smacked on the hard stuff last night

Rhino
1/3/2007, 12:54 PM
I love when people act like a mid-major team has never beaten a major team.

Mjcpr
1/3/2007, 01:17 PM
I love when people act like a mid-major team has never beaten a major team.

Get used to it....nobody is going to remember Utah's whipping of Pitt in the Fiesta, they're going to remember OU losing to Boise unfortunately.

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 01:20 PM
Get used to it....nobody is going to remember Utah's whipping of Pitt in the Fiesta, they're going to remember OU losing to Boise unfortunately.
I know I will.

sooner518
1/3/2007, 02:10 PM
Switzer, ever the village idiot, tried to compare the upcoming game to a Rocky movie. Barring a Hollywood intervention, he was suggesting, Boise State had no chance.
Pretty much every single media outlet in the entire world played that storyline to the game.
and in the end, well, 3 trick plays in about 2 minutes is pretty much how that game would have happened in Hollywood. Theres a reason Boise didnt go the conventional route and kick an XP in OT. There's a reason they pulled out a bunch of trick plays to win in the end. Hell, even Coach Petersen said that they used those because our guys are faster and stronger, especially at that point in the game. I give him all the credit in the world for recognizing that and using it to his advantage.

"I know for a fact that Oklahoma didn't recruit any of those players that are on the Boise roster," Switzer said.

What arrogance! Like, Oklahoma is the official arbiter of who's worthy of a college football scholarship?
How is that arrogant? It's just a fact. We go after the best players we can find and have a shot at getting.

Boise St goes after the best players they think they can get. That's like saying that it is arrogant for BSU to not recruit a bunch of players who wind up in D-III schools? You go after the best talent you think you can get.

Obvioulsy this guy is a tool. Sounds like Pete Fituak

TheUnnamedSooner
1/3/2007, 03:16 PM
I like how he said that Stoops should have ranked TCU in the top 25 b/c of 2005. So now we should be ranking people by what they did the year before?

stoopified
1/3/2007, 07:33 PM
I like how he said that Stoops should have ranked TCU in the top 25 b/c of 2005. So now we should be ranking people by what they did the year before?Heh.