PDA

View Full Version : It's Official Saban...............

soonernation
1/3/2007, 10:59 AM
to Bama.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2718488)

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 11:01 AM
So Bob Stoops will be named the new Miami coach this afternoon.

picasso
is a narcissistic jackwad.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2718488)

:eek:

OUinFLA
well that settles it.
coachspeak is truly an artform.

TopDawg
1/3/2007, 11:10 AM
In the Big XII, assistant coaches take head coaching jobs at other schools in the conference.
In the SEC, head coaches go to the NFL and come back a few years later to be head coach at a different school in the conference.

OUinFLA
1/3/2007, 11:12 AM
In the Big XII, assistant coaches take head coaching jobs at other schools in the conference.
In the SEC, head coaches go to the NFL and come back a few years later to be head coach at a different school in the conference.

are you saying Lester is going to Miami?

SoonerTerry
1/3/2007, 11:12 AM
So how is Saban worth 7 to 12 million dollars more than me?!

;) :D ;) :D

MamaMia
1/3/2007, 11:14 AM
:confused: I was under the impression that professional coaches couldn't even talk about changing coaching positions until the season was over? I guess I was wrong.

His deal is for 4 million a year. Holy smokes! :eek:

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:14 AM
The only thing I am happy about is we have a coach that is proven, and the contract that will hopefully keep him around for atleast 6-7 years. That means we HAVE to give him time to build the program, and the buyout is too high for someone to steal him... I hope.

Big Red Ron
1/3/2007, 11:18 AM
I think Les Miles just peed his pants somewhere.

soonernation
1/3/2007, 11:19 AM
This guy never seems to stay in one place for long. He kind of reminds me of Fran.

sooner518
1/3/2007, 11:19 AM
"Alabama awarded 2007-2014 National Championships with an option for 2015!"

jrsooner
1/3/2007, 11:23 AM
:confused: I was under the impression that professional coaches couldn't even talk about changing coaching positions until the season was over? I guess I was wrong.I think that is only for lateral movements. Not NCAA --> NFL or NFL --> NCAA. Doesn't that only apply to NFL team --> NFL team.

From what CNN was saying earlier, his wife was heavily involved in the decision. Seems they like smaller towns instead of the big cities.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 11:26 AM
One man's bald-faced lie is another man's negotiating tactic.

southern sooner
1/3/2007, 11:28 AM
shows why college is a better gig (especially for a family man such as stoops).... now saban needs t ogo beat those lsu thugs every year

TopDawg
1/3/2007, 11:31 AM
are you saying Lester is going to Miami?

For 2 or 3 years, then he'll take the Mississippi State job.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 11:32 AM
OK, why couldn't Nick have said:
There's always some interest, and I can never say never, but as of now, and as far as I can see at this moment, I am and will be the coach of the Dolphins." That's honest and true, but doesn't give anything away. Unless Saban was afraid the Huizenga would fire him immediately if Huizenga thought he was even considering leaving - and I doubt that.

Of course the media would have said, "See, he's going! he's going" But they say that anyway. And now Saban's outright denials show him as just a liar who's plain words can't be trusted.

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 11:39 AM
The deal is nowhere near the 40 million being reported.

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:41 AM
What was the deal then? Even I havent heard yet...

sooner_born_1960
1/3/2007, 11:42 AM
I'm just quoting Huizenga(sp?). Maybe he knows.

ouflak
1/3/2007, 11:42 AM
Glad there wasn't a vBookie event on this (I was going to suggest one). I would have lost my vAss... yet again.

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:45 AM
OK, ESPN Was wrong about Bama not getting a good coach, so now they are focusing on how he left. Typcial. They were proven wrong so they gotta lash out.

Poor Colin, he is going to have a fit on his show.

More_Cowbell
1/3/2007, 11:46 AM
Nick Saban=Larry Brown

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:46 AM
WRONG!!! Larry Brown did good in the Pro's :D hehehehe

picasso
1/3/2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not a Bammer fan but Saban will bring in some big time players. I was quite surpised by the lack of speed Bama had vs. Pokie State.

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:50 AM
I'm not a Bammer fan but Saban will bring in some big time players. I was quite surpised by the lack of speed Bama had vs. Pokie State.

If you had seen our players in the weight room and outside for our off season work outs you'd know why. Oh wait, there werent any there...

yur-out
1/3/2007, 11:53 AM
I was quite surpised by the lack of speed Bama had vs. Pokie State.
Does any one else seem to find it ironic that Saban is taking over a Bama team that got beat by an Okla State team that had their head coach leave to take his job. :eek:

You just can't make this stuff up.:rolleyes:

Scott D
1/3/2007, 11:56 AM
The only thing I am happy about is we have a coach that is proven, and the contract that will hopefully keep him around for atleast 6-7 years. That means we HAVE to give him time to build the program, and the buyout is too high for someone to steal him... I hope.

hah.....you don't know Saban. You'll be lucky to have him stay for as long as Shula did. The man has ants in his pants when it comes to coaching. I can't wait for LSU fan to boo the hell out of him. And LSU fan, welcome to Michigan State's world.

As for Dolphin fan...sorry your coach split on you, but your a$$hole team owner deserves everyone ****ting on his doorstep from here to eternity.

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 11:58 AM
So... are you saying Gundy to Rammer Jammer after Saban takes the Falcons job and/or gets caught in a srip club?

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:58 AM
hah.....you don't know Saban. You'll be lucky to have him stay for as long as Shula did. The man has ants in his pants when it comes to coaching. I can't wait for LSU fan to boo the hell out of him. And LSU fan, welcome to Michigan State's world.

As for Dolphin fan...sorry your coach split on you, but your a$$hole team owner deserves everyone ****ting on his doorstep from here to eternity.

He might WANT to leave, but would another team be willing to buy out his contract? THAT is the thing that might keep him here. Knowing my luck he'll end up sucking and we'll be stuck with him hehe.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 12:01 PM
He might WANT to leave, but would another team be willing to buy out his contract? THAT is the thing that might keep him here. Knowing my luck he'll end up sucking and we'll be stuck with him hehe.

Oh, and there's a 50/50 shot that you'll be stocked with talent. He didn't exactly leave a full compliment of talent in East Lansing when he split for LSU.

Bruiser53
1/3/2007, 12:03 PM
Tigger Bait!!!

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 12:03 PM
He did for LSU tho... oh thats where the 50/50 comes from hehe. Hell if Mike Shula can recruit successfully at the Capstone I sure as hell hope Saban can.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 12:06 PM
Honestly, good luck to you Bama guys Selma. However, to use a southernly view....Saban is nothing more than a modern day carpetbagger and snakeoil salesman.

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 12:10 PM
I hope he turns out to be like Spurrier, who had a dream to coach in the NFL, but found out it isnt what it's cracked up to be.

I can understand him leaving Michigan St. to go to LSU. I can understand him leaving LSU for the NFL. Now he has come back to the college ranks, and this will tell if he is where he wants to be (or is just job hopping).

If he leaves for the NFL again in a few years then it will be pretty obvious.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe, I think it all depends on how much of his desire to outdo his father remains.

GottaHavePride
1/3/2007, 12:14 PM
:confused: I was under the impression that professional coaches couldn't even talk about changing coaching positions until the season was over? I guess I was wrong.

I think Miami's season IS over. Didn't they suck this year?

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 12:17 PM
Yes it is over, they did not make the playoffs.

OUinFLA
1/3/2007, 01:42 PM
I
If he leaves for the NFL again in a few years then it will be pretty obvious.

it will be obvious that some NFL team offered him $10 or more million a year to coach.

Scott D
1/3/2007, 01:44 PM
must be alabama fan's day..first Saban becomes their coach...then DeMeco Ryans named AP Defensive Rookie of the Year for the Texans.

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/3/2007, 03:31 PM
I'm not sold on any coach until they start racking up wins, play for conference titles and put the team in contention for BCS titles.

BUT...

At least Bama will have athletes who don't consider strength and conditioning training to be "voluntary." When there's more flab on your starting LB than there is on your starting DT, you know you've got problems.

While watching the Indy Bowl, I kept wondering if Stunned Aggie was in the stands somewhere... pointing... laughing...

RedGiant
1/3/2007, 04:09 PM
You know it's bad when Stunned Aggie is laughing at you. I wonder if Bob will get himself a raise now?

GORILLA BALL
1/3/2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe, I think it all depends on how much of his desire to outdo his father remains.

WTF, nick's father wasn't a coach (well pop warner).

Scott D
1/3/2007, 05:39 PM
Meh, I was thinking of his cousin Lou.

getrdone
1/3/2007, 07:00 PM
why would bama want the two lying piece of crap? so if tommy leaves auburn then saban can say well i'm not going to be the auburn coach, then go there.

he may be good, but his word has about as many holes as my sooner defense had this year.

hope huntsville am tech welding school beats the hell out of saban

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/3/2007, 07:34 PM
why would bama want the two lying piece of crap? so if tommy leaves auburn then saban can say well i'm not going to be the auburn coach, then go there.

he may be good, but his word has about as many holes as my sooner defense had this year.

hope huntsville am tech welding school beats the hell out of saban

From "sources familiar with the negotiations," Nick Saban could not officially speak to other football programs before the regular season had finished. This contract language included college football programs for the purpose of keeping Notre Dame from sniffing around.

Which means, I am officially blowing off the fact that the dude lied through his teeth to ESPN, FoxSports, CBS Sportsline and the Dolphins beat.

zeke
1/3/2007, 08:13 PM
ESPN's Pat Forde has a good article about Saben & the likes of Franny, Tubberville.
Liers all of them. What great examples and teachers those guys are and will be.

When recruiting I'd bet their line is "Well young man I'd love to be your coach and you will be a big part of our team, you can count on that...Unless the U of ?? or the NFL comes along with more $$$ then you are on your own & I'm OUTTA HERE."

POS=Saben,Franny,Tuberville, Lester Miles to name a few.