PDA

View Full Version : Do you pay for it?

OklahomaTuba
1/3/2007, 09:50 AM
And if so, do you have a preference such as rivals or hales site?

TIA.

RacerX
1/3/2007, 11:57 AM
no.

I don't get excited until signing day.

Seamus
1/3/2007, 01:53 PM
Seamus doesn't pay for sex or recruiting information.

In both cases, he eventually gets some.

lcaldwell1
1/3/2007, 02:38 PM
I really like rivals, but have never seen hales site...what is the site?

Herr Scholz
1/3/2007, 03:08 PM
Seamus doesn't pay for sex or recruiting information.

In both cases, he eventually gets some.
however stale and used they both are at that point... ;)

Seamus
1/4/2007, 11:05 PM
however stale and used they both are at that point... ;)

d00d, my wife would be ****ed about that one! :D

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2007, 03:06 PM
I can see Hale's for free most of the time. No idea how, I just click and sometimes the threads open, sometimes they try to make your pay.

OSUAggie
1/5/2007, 03:27 PM
The OU Rivals guy does a hell of a job, from what I hear... I have an OSU rivals account.

royalfan5
1/5/2007, 03:51 PM
No, but my roommate works for scout so I just walk down stairs and ask him.

Harry Beanbag
1/5/2007, 05:39 PM
If you expect your journalism to consist of correctly spelled words and complete sentences, then Hale is not for you. He's a huge sunshine pumper too, or at least used to be.

PLaw
1/5/2007, 06:00 PM
And if so, do you have a preference such as rivals or hales site?

TIA.

Does it really make a difference?? Both of these guys are getting rich off of bozos that think winning the mythical recruiting championship will make a difference. How many 5 stars do you think Boise had?

According to these clowns, OU has had a top 7 recruiting class every year since 2000. Granted you need quality players, but who is to say how a kid will develop and how big of a heart they have. In the end, how much of a difference is there between the No. 1 ranked corner and the 5th, 10th, or 15th??

Okay, I'll stop my rant and go check out who is leading on Rivals board.

GO SOONERS
PLAW

RacerX
1/5/2007, 11:13 PM
And you never know when Hale will pull up stakes and bail on a site.

soonerboomer93
1/5/2007, 11:24 PM
one way or another, you always gotta pay...

oh wait, you mean recruiting news service, sorry I thought this was about something else...

Mjcpr
1/6/2007, 11:45 AM
Does it really make a difference?? Both of these guys are getting rich off of bozos that think winning the mythical recruiting championship will make a difference. How many 5 stars do you think Boise had?

My guess would be fewer than Florida or Ohio State.

PLaw
1/6/2007, 12:38 PM
My guess would be fewer than Florida or Ohio State.

And Texas, and USC, and Tennessee, and Georgia, and FSU, and Cal, and ND, and Michigan, and Penn State, and OU and they still gave us more than we wanted.

Boomer

Mjcpr
1/6/2007, 12:49 PM
So you have a decent sized list of top tier programs that are in the NC hunt most years and have been for quite some time, all of whom depend on the upper echelon recruits to restock the talent base vs one program that has had a lot of success over the last few years and doesn't land the upper echelon recruits.

I'll take the percentages and, for the most part, attempt to land the recruit with the superior size, speed and athletic ability that gives him an advantage athletically over most players he'll face.

Harry Beanbag
1/6/2007, 12:54 PM
So you have a decent sized list of top tier programs that are in the NC hunt most years and have been for quite some time, all of whom depend on the upper echelon recruits to restock the talent base vs one program that has had a lot of success over the last few years and doesn't land the upper echelon recruits.

I'll take the percentages and, for the most part, attempt to land the recruit with the superior size, speed and athletic ability that gives him an advantage athletically over most players he'll face.

You must be one of those bozos he was talking about then. ;)

Count me in too.

Mjcpr
1/6/2007, 12:58 PM
You must be one of those bozos he was talking about then. ;)

Count me in too.

Yes, I am. :D

I'm sure you understand like I do that not ALL 4/5 star recruits turn into superstars. We get that, really we do. But you've got a better chance of those guys turning into All Americans than the 5'9" 165lb 4.7 guy from Alma.

snp
1/7/2007, 04:38 PM
My dad has a ND scout account so I can access all the player information through that, but I can't get onto Hale's private boards.

Along with my sponsorship here, I don't think I can afford to spend 30 bucks a month on football information.