PDA

View Full Version : UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Crimsontothecore
1/3/2007, 09:43 AM
Seriously people, Get a grip!
We just finished an 11-win season and won another Big12 championship...in spite of all the adversity this team endured.
I've been reading the threads here and am amazed at how, once again, EVERYTHING'S being criticized. All of a sudden our coordinator hiring philosophies are wrong, Our coaches don't know how to use players effectively, The coaches don't know how to motivate players, ect., ect., ect.
Bob Stoops did an incredible job coaching this year. Show me another team that had to move a receiver to QB, lost it's starting RB and still won their conference.
What this program has done under the leadership of coach Stoops is nothing short of amazing. Apparently some of you have memories too short to remember the Shnelly and Blake years.
As for Boise State, OU is not the only top-10 team they would have beaten with that performance. They are an excellent team and they deserved to win. This game was their window of opportunity and they would not be denied. Besides, They may never be in a BCS bowl again since they lose a ton of key players this year. OU, on the other hand, Has a great chance to land in another BCS bowl next year.
This season has been tremendous and that bowl loss does nothing to diminish what these players and coaches have accomplished. In fact, This season has proven to all the doubters that OU is not a one-man team. OU is a POWERHOUSE PROGRAM. As Stoops has stated many times during the season, "It is the sum of all our parts". That's what makes us OKLAHOMA>
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soonerrn
1/3/2007, 09:47 AM
Very well stated!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!
:D :D :D :D :P

BIG_IKE
Louisville lost it's RB....and had a bakcup QB most of the season.....and won their conference. ...oh, and their BCS game too.

Hey, we are OU...we cant help it if we have expectations and standards. Theyy will always be high. The minute they drop , so does our program.

batonrougesooner
I can't say I disagree.

Crimsontothecore
1/3/2007, 09:56 AM
Louisville lost it's RB....and had a bakcup QB most of the season.....and won their conference. ...oh, and their BCS game too.

Hey, we are OU...we cant help it if we have expectations and standards. Theyy will always be high. The minute they drop , so does our program.
I have high expectation too, And that's OK, But when it results in people criticizing a coaching staff that is among the best in the country, give me a break.

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 10:00 AM
Seriously people, Get a grip!
We just finished an 11-win season and won another Big12 championship...in spite of all the adversity this team endured.
I've been reading the threads here and am amazed at how, once again, EVERYTHING'S being criticized. All of a sudden our coordinator hiring philosophies are wrong, Our coaches don't know how to use players effectively, The coaches don't know how to motivate players, ect., ect., ect.
Bob Stoops did an incredible job coaching this year. Show me another team that had to move a receiver to QB, lost it's starting RB and still won their conference.
What this program has done under the leadership of coach Stoops is nothing short of amazing. Apparently some of you have memories too short to remember the Shnelly and Blake years.
As for Boise State, OU is not the only top-10 team they would have beaten with that performance. They are an excellent team and they deserved to win. This game was their window of opportunity and they would not be denied. Besides, They may never be in a BCS bowl again since they lose a ton of key players this year. OU, on the other hand, Has a great chance to land in another BCS bowl next year.
This season has been tremendous and that bowl loss does nothing to diminish what these players and coaches have accomplished. In fact, This season has proven to all the doubters that OU is not a one-man team. OU is a POWERHOUSE PROGRAM. As Stoops has stated many times during the season, "It is the sum of all our parts". That's what makes us OKLAHOMA>
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's as overwrought as some of the griping. One of the reasons it means something special to be a SOONER is that WE ALWAYS WANT TOTAL VICTORY. Sometimes we have to deal with less, sure, but being "OK" with less is what the also-rans do. So some bitching is a good sign.
(Suggesting the removal of Bob Stoops, however, is PURE IDIOCY.)

Crimsontothecore
1/3/2007, 10:07 AM
That's as overwrought as some of the griping. One of the reasons it means something special to be a SOONER is that WE ALWAYS WANT TOTAL VICTORY. Sometimes we have to deal with less, sure, but being "OK" with less is what the also-rans do. So some bitching is a good sign.
(Suggesting the removal of Bob Stoops, however, is PURE IDIOCY.)
Where did I say I was OK with losing? The "bitching" is fine as long as it makes sense but when it criticizes everything from the waterboy to the grounds keeper it just becomes ignorant.

Desert Sapper
1/3/2007, 10:09 AM

But they didn't lose the best receiver on the field in the first quarter. If the situations were reversed, I'm pretty sure we beat Wake in the OB, and Louisville loses to Boise (only not as close). It was Boise's night. Sometimes fortune smiles on people other than the Sooners. We just have to accept that and be happy that next year is another opportunity.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/3/2007, 10:12 AM
I think most people are very happy with this season. With every program there are going to be those that over critisize and want someone's head for every little mistake

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 10:20 AM
Where did I say I was OK with losing? The "bitching" is fine as long as it makes sense but when it criticizes everything from the waterboy to the grounds keeper it just becomes ignorant.
Where did I say you said you were OK with losing? ;) But I haven't seen anybody seriosuly call for Stoops's head, or anybody else's for that matter.
I only say that some of the bitching about the bitching is as bad as the bitching. I think we agree more than not.

LittleWingSooner
1/3/2007, 10:23 AM
I like losing bowl games and winning 3 of our last 11 games against 10 win teams. That's great.

I'm not saying this was a bad year but we shouldn't be satisfied with how this team preforms in big games in recent years.

Crimsontothecore
1/3/2007, 10:27 AM
I like losing bowl games and winning 3 of our last 11 games against 10 win teams. That's great.

I'm not saying this was a bad year but we shouldn't be satisfied with how this team preforms in big games in recent years.
Wow, 4 Big12 title's and a national championship in 8 years. I guess I define "big games" differently than you.:rolleyes:

LittleWingSooner
1/3/2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah and the Big 12 North hasn't been good since about 2002 maybe. In bowl games and against the better teams we've played over the last 3 or 4 years we just haven't had teams that are as well coached in those situations.

MamaMia
1/3/2007, 10:36 AM
Many of the threads commending the team just float to the bottom.

Vic n Tulsa
1/3/2007, 10:42 AM
You know why it stings so MUCH Sooner fans??? In the National Spotlight when the whole college football world is watching, we lay big time eggs in the last 3 BCS Bowl appearances. We take all of that history and tradition and hype and fall flat on our faces. The rest of the world doesn't remember what we do during the year or how many conference champs we've won, etc.

All they remember is how you performed lately, and that is what stings so much!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/3/2007, 10:42 AM

True they did but I honestly think Boise St is a better team than Wake Forest. WF played in a tougher league but I think (especially with hindsight) that they would have been an easier match-up for us.

Nothing wrong with being disappointed. It is that I think some people lose perspective.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2007, 10:44 AM
I say we flog the horsepigs after every loss.

Crimsontothecore
1/3/2007, 10:52 AM
I say we flog the horsepigs after every loss.
Finally, someone with a solution instead of just a gripe:D

SoonerTerry
1/3/2007, 10:57 AM
I say we flog the horsepigs after every BEER.

Fixed :D :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2007, 11:38 AM
Well, just put together $50 mil(T Boone can help), and HIRE SABAN! He'll be ready to leave Bammer by the time we raise the $50 mil.

Socrefbek
1/3/2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah and the Big 12 North hasn't been good since about 2002 maybe. In bowl games and against the better teams we've played over the last 3 or 4 years we just haven't had teams that are as well coached in those situations.

I see Nick has a new handle ... :rolleyes:

SelmaBamaFan
1/3/2007, 11:43 AM
Fixed :D :D

Thats a lot of flogging considering the BEER this board can put down.

Texas Golfer
1/3/2007, 11:50 AM
Nobody is complaining about the season. We're all proud how the team played through the adversities.

But no Sooner fan should be forced or shamed into thinking that the Fiesta Bowl play was up to Sooner standards. We didn't really start playing until about 6 minutes left in the third quarter.

Our OL was getting manhandled by their OL the whole game. Our secondary, which has been playing great of late, was picked apart. Their receivers were wide open all night. No team, especially the Sooners, should ever allow a 4th & 18 conversion for the game.

That being said, I'm proud of this team.

LittleWingSooner
1/3/2007, 12:02 PM
Nobody is complaining about the season. We're all proud how the team played through the adversities.

But no Sooner fan should be forced or shamed into thinking that the Fiesta Bowl play was up to Sooner standards. We didn't really start playing until about 6 minutes left in the third quarter.

Our OL was getting manhandled by their OL the whole game. Our secondary, which has been playing great of late, was picked apart. Their receivers were wide open all night. No team, especially the Sooners, should ever allow a 4th & 18 conversion for the game.

That being said, I'm proud of this team.

I agree with a lot of this except for the part about their OL manhandling our OL. But I know what you meant there.

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 12:22 PM
Little Wing and Golfer have echoed my thoughts to a tee! We have these great season and somewhere between the end of the regular season and post season play OU loses its rhythm. I'm tired of watching OU struggle (for the last 4 seasons) in post season play. Especially in the BCS games. And if one was to go to soonersports and watch the Bob Stoops interviews i think he's sick of it too.

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 12:24 PM
Didn't you guys beat a top-10 or top-5 Oregon team in the post-season last year?

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 12:32 PM
Didn't you guys beat a top-10 or top-5 Oregon team in the post-season last year?

Barely

LittleWingSooner
1/3/2007, 12:45 PM
If you think this board has been negative towards OU. This boards been the best toward OU. The others have some still trying to convince themselves that OU actually won that game. There has been some great discussion about what we need to do on this board.

ashley
1/3/2007, 04:51 PM
What we need to do is let the coaches take care of it because the know a hell of a lot more about it.