PDA

View Full Version : I want to start a "curse" saying

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 08:07 AM
How many post season games do we have to lose before we can use a curse saying? You know like the Cubs and RedSox. The last 4 years have all been disasters!! I know we won last year's Holiday Bowl but if it wasn't for Clint Ingram making a amazing play we probably would have lost that game too. Whatever the coaches and player do from the time season ends to the bowl game is simply NOT WORKING!!!! So i'm starting..........

CURSE OF THE LAYOFF!!!!!!!!!!

BudSooner
1/3/2007, 08:53 AM
:les: TATERS!!!

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2007, 08:54 AM
we're becoming the buffalo bills of the bcs! :(

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 09:02 AM
we're becoming the buffalo bills of the bcs! :(

I think we're becoming worse than that!! Because the games we're losing are not even for CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!

CURSE OF THE LAYOFF!!!!!!

oKOIhoma fan
1/3/2007, 09:26 AM
How about the "Curse of the Stoops Brothers Breakup?" We have not won a BCS game since the day Mike announced he was leaving for 'Zona. He messed up the MOJO!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/3/2007, 09:40 AM
03 The curse was getting whacked by KSU, not saying we couldn't have pulled it out against LSU but we were in their house and we had a late drive to tie the game. Losing to the (legit) NC in their house by a TD I don't think was bad, just disappointing.
04 Zero argument there
05 Sure we were on the verge of blowing the Ducks out and they came back and nearly beat us but we beat a team that many thought should be in the BCS a few months after losing at home to TCU. Nothing wrong with last years game.
06 Maybe, Kelly's injury didn't help for sure.

Now Notre Dame might have a curse. They haven't won a bowl game in 13 years now.

SoonerMom2
1/3/2007, 10:42 AM
How about the curse of that horse statute with the red eyes that came to campus after we won the National Championship game? Never could figure out what that horse had to do with this campus.

Think we should do away with the horse and see what happens!

Just put me in the category of detesting that horse with the red eyes that glow at night! Creepy!

kramer9802
1/3/2007, 10:57 AM
What about the curse of the horse-pigs we have on the sideline? Whatever happened to the other one. I thought we had two of them.

or

The curse of that winged, big-boobed, gargoyle like statue on campus. That thing makes the red-eyed horse look nice.

GottaHavePride
1/3/2007, 12:12 PM
I think if you start off saying "I want to start a saying" it's already no good. Those sorts of things have to just evolve - someone just happens to say something that other people pick up and start using. You can't plan an unplanned phenomenon. ;)

Boomer.....
1/3/2007, 12:20 PM
As bad as it has been, at least one thing is for sure:

At least we're not Aggie!

OSUAggie
1/3/2007, 12:21 PM
I was about to say... You know nothing about curses.

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 12:28 PM
I think if you start off saying "I want to start a saying" it's already no good. Those sorts of things have to just evolve - someone just happens to say something that other people pick up and start using. You can't plan an unplanned phenomenon. ;)

Ok, well start something or say something that people will pick up on. :D That was the point of the post. :D I just think we need a curse saying really and i just want to point the finger at some crazy phenomenon really. :D

Vic n Tulsa
1/3/2007, 02:06 PM
How about the "Curse of the Stoops Brothers Breakup?" We have not won a BCS game since the day Mike announced he was leaving for 'Zona. He messed up the MOJO!

Maybe we're giving all the credit to the wrong Stoops?? Fire Bobby and hire Mikey....think that'll make a difference?

SoonerMom2
1/3/2007, 02:21 PM
What about the curse of the horse-pigs we have on the sideline? Whatever happened to the other one. I thought we had two of them.

or

The curse of that winged, big-boobed, gargoyle like statue on campus. That thing makes the red-eyed horse look nice.

Right on both accounts. Why those mascots? Wimpy looking if you ask me. As for the new statute, it is hideous to be kind.

Boomer.....
1/3/2007, 02:22 PM
Maybe we're giving all the credit to the wrong Stoops?? Fire Bobby and hire Mikey....think that'll make a difference?
Are you serious? :confused:

jacru
1/3/2007, 03:06 PM
OUr team is under the curse of the spoiled, whiney fan. That's okay, though. It usually happens to teams with a winning tradition and recent success.

Ash
1/3/2007, 03:08 PM
What about:
the curse of idiotic threads like these ****ing up an otherwise respectable board after a loss

TripleOption14
1/3/2007, 03:50 PM
What about:
the curse of idiotic threads like these ****ing up an otherwise respectable board after a loss

My god relax!! :eek: It was meant to be a joke. You know haha funny. :rolleyes:

Dio
1/3/2007, 03:52 PM
"**** off dip****" has lots of cursing in it

Ash
1/3/2007, 06:11 PM
My god relax!! :eek: It was meant to be a joke. You know haha funny. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but considering the *********gery that hit the board recently you can't blame me for jumping on this.:cool:

Besides, I'm not sure it was ha funny much less haha funny.

(Now I'm joking!!!;) ;) ;) )

meoveryouxinfinity
1/3/2007, 06:37 PM
how bout a play on acronyms?

Bowl
Cursed
Stoops

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 06:40 PM
What about:
This board was respectable before the loss?:confused:

Ash
1/3/2007, 07:24 PM
This board was respectable before the loss?:confused:

Probably, until I showed up...:D