PDA

View Full Version : OU lose = life over

OU James
1/3/2007, 12:46 AM
blah blah blah blah....derp.

:pop:

SoonerTerry
1/3/2007, 04:21 AM
whine whine... sniffle sniffle .... burp burp... fart..

I aint bitchin bout OUr team... hell, I remember smellenbuger..

Jack T.
1/3/2007, 08:59 AM
blah blah blah blah....derp.

:pop:

Easy for you to say. . .you don't work in Stillwater, Oklahoma ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
1/3/2007, 09:09 AM
I didn't realize there were jobs in stillwater :confused:

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 09:12 AM
This thread is lame. :rolleyes:

batonrougesooner
1/3/2007, 09:14 AM
This thread is lame. :rolleyes:

This thread is true for many unfortunately.

OU James
1/3/2007, 01:19 PM
Life goes on, the college football world memory is about 5 seconds long...they'll stop talking about this by next week, and all the bandwagoners will be back by fall and the world will be right again. Nobody will get fired and nobody should, we will be really really good next year again, maybe even great.

If the bowl game is not a championship game, it's just a glorified exhibition and a chance for the players and fans to have fun...

soonerrn
1/3/2007, 01:27 PM
Could not agree with you more! IMHO - there will be other teams that will take up the slack when it comes to the talk of the town, but it seems we are team that sets the standard. That is a good thing... pretty sure anyway! :)

OK2LA
1/3/2007, 01:34 PM
Life goes on, the college football world memory is about 5 seconds long...they'll stop talking about this by next week, and all the bandwagoners will be back by fall and the world will be right again. Nobody will get fired and nobody should, we will be really really good next year again, maybe even great.

If the bowl game is not a championship game, it's just a glorified exhibition and a chance for the players and fans to have fun...

I agree to a certain degree.

THIS game will be seen on ESPN Classic for years to come. (if Fox sells them the rights . . . that's the only bright spot in this whole thing! :D )

I do remember the talking heads saying that the tejas/usc game was the greatest game ever played. Not more than a year later, they're dubbing our game with the same label? :confused:

Vic n Tulsa
1/3/2007, 01:43 PM
At least Texas won their game in spectacular fashion and will go down in college football lore. That's why they get alot of love from the national media, they won when it mattered.

We on the other hand have egg on our face, yes they will remember Oklahoma, but for what reason?? They only way to redeem ourselves again is to go out and win the MNC in spectacular fashion. Think we can do that in the next couple of seasons? USC will probably be ranked #1 again next year because they took care of business. Think we have a chance of beating them next year?

SoonerSid
1/3/2007, 01:44 PM
I really feel sorry for my sons who live up by Boise, but like everything else it will get better with time.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2007, 02:17 PM
I have suffered the '60's AND the '90's, and everyone on this board has suffered the '90's, so we know the loss isn't fatal.

Blues1
1/3/2007, 03:15 PM
With everything that Happened This year to Our Sooners - We were pretty damn Lucky to even make a BCS Bowl - Their are A Lot of teams out there that would Love to be in a BCS Bowl - Plus a lot of teams are or *will be hurting* over loss's in Bowls this year -- 16 to be exact - I'm sure Michigan - Nebraska - Oregon - Wake Forrest - A&M - Bama etc fans are not in good moods right now....

If Florida beats Ohio State you can bet your Life things will be Real Sh1tty in Columbus - Plus - It wll take the some press Hype off this fiesta bowl game.

It could have been worse We could have Lost this game by 18 points - There is a Cure -- Come back next year and Win - Win - Win....This Is The "Oklahoma Sooners" we will come Back.....If not next year the year after....We Done it in The Past - We will do it in The Future.....
Suck it up - And Keep on Rockin'
We Will Be Back on Top Again.......

soonerrn
1/3/2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah!! What he said!! :D

OUmillenium
1/3/2007, 04:03 PM
It was an incredibly exciting game. We made some incredible plays. BSU made the last one, though.

Big 12 champs baby.

Should be some fun spring football searching for a new qb.

Are you 100% sure AD goes pro?

Any recruiting new?

See there are a few things left to live for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and we have a basketball team too

soonerspudman
1/3/2007, 06:22 PM
Don't know how many people have seen this already, hopefully it will cheer some people up on this thread...

Coach Mack Brown, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
God showed him around. They came to a nice little house with a small
Longhorn flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Mack," said God. "This is very
special; not everyone gets such a cozy house up here."

Mack felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up
the porch, he noticed another house towering above the others just down
the street. It was a multi-story mansion with a Crimson and Cream
sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous OU Sooner flag, and in every
window he could see Sooner fans laughing and watching replays of past OU games.

Mack looked at God and said, "God, I don't want to sound ungrateful,
but I have a question. I was a good coach, I went to 7 consecutive
bowl games, won a national championship, and turned around the Texas program."

God asked, "So what do you want to know, Mack?"

"Well, why does Bob Stoops get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Mack, that's not Bob's house, it's mine."