PDA

View Full Version : How is Malcom Kelly?

goingoneight
1/2/2007, 11:26 PM
Is he okay? He was devastated on the sidelines when he was pulled. I really hope he is, concussions are teh succc.

soonermeteor
1/3/2007, 03:21 AM
I hope he is ok too. He is an amazing player and I've already said in other threads that he is a big part of why thompson was able to do well this year and why things went sour last night. I cant wait to see what happens with him next year. :D

BASSooner
1/3/2007, 03:27 AM
I hope he is ok too. He is an amazing player and I've already said in other threads that he is a big part of why thompson was able to do well this year and why things went sour last night. I cant wait to see what happens with him next year. :D
don't forget some of OUr other stars at receiver as well like Adron Tennel. It will be interesting to see how all of the other receivers improve during the off-season. OUr depth is so ridiculous that OUr backups could start for some of the other big 12 teams.

cvsooner
1/3/2007, 04:23 PM
It wasn't a concussion, it was a knee injury. Stoops in a video interview at soonersports.com said they thought it was his medial collateral cartilage but they'd have to MRI it.

I injured the same cartilage, just a little tear. Surgery was easy, recovery was about six weeks. I know the loss of Kelly hurt us big time. PT lost not only his top target, it allowed Bozo State to stop double coverage. That would've helped the passing and running games if it had continued.

soonerloyal
1/3/2007, 05:28 PM
Bless his heart, I hope he's not in too much pain. I hope he heals well and quickly.

He's definitely a favorite in our house.

stoopified
1/3/2007, 07:28 PM
Get well soon MK.

85sooners
1/23/2007, 12:12 PM
we need ya

Ash
1/23/2007, 12:36 PM
the radio d00ds said he just had his knee scoped, no mention of recovery time or status otherwise (you know, typical local sports "journalism") - they drop a tidbit of a fact then talk about the food they ate last night.

Rhino
1/23/2007, 01:18 PM
the radio d00ds said he just had his knee scoped, no mention of recovery time or status otherwise (you know, typical local sports "journalism") - they drop a tidbit of a fact then talk about the food they ate last night. He's expected to be back for spring ball.

soonerinabilene
1/23/2007, 01:21 PM
the radio d00ds said he just had his knee scoped, no mention of recovery time or status otherwise (you know, typical local sports "journalism") - they drop a tidbit of a fact then talk about the food they ate last night.

if it was just a scope, hardly any recovery time nowadays.

goingoneight
1/23/2007, 11:39 PM
Kelly will be 100% by spring and should be well into the 200's before fall practice. It is not yet known how he'll be by early October.

Chi Gamma Blackness
1/24/2007, 02:01 AM
Yeah...if it is a MCL injury recovery time is about 4-6 weeks. (Although a high school QB from Muskogee played on his two weeks after TEARING it...total trooper.) No problem, he will be back at the top of his game for spring practice. Thank god it wasn't his ACL...or even worse, his PCL. Now that would be really bad.