PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Petersen and BSU from me...

goingoneight
1/2/2007, 11:12 PM
goingoneight update:
Party was great at the OKC City Walk Sunday night if anyone was there. Happy New Year to all, hopefully it can only get better from here on out.

On that note... I have to ask why people see that game as a bad thing last night? Do you realize we only lost by a point in a game that very well could have been a BSU slaughtering of OU? Seriously, I had four friends over at my house who left after 14-0 and told us sorry but we would get OUr asses kicked in. Chris Petersen is a damn fine coach IMHO and picking on Boise for winning is ridiculous. They were in the EXACT same boat as the "underdog OU" was in the 2000 Orange Bowl.

Cinderella showed up, and on a play where they had nothing to lose, they made history for their school. Anyone who watched the game knows OU scored an ugly 41 points and just didn't do enough to win. Let ESPN and everyone else continue to stroke off to the USC's, the Notre Dame's and Texass's of the world. Fact of the matter is OU will take a ribbing for a few years before everyone forgets about it when we're kicking *** again. I don't see Stoops giving up on OU anytime soon, and though we're just about the only fanbase who believes in him anymore, oh well. I do, and I think as long as Stoops is at the helm, you can expect winning seasons and National Exposure.

I, like any Sooner Fan was hoping for OU to win and send OUr outgoing guys out on a good note. AD gets the record, PT gets game MVP, you know... the same dream we all wanted. I'm :cool:, though... and happy for the kids who worked their asses off for both schools to go right down to the wire on that stage and I realize that we were probably an inch or a coin toss away from a win. That is a helluva lot better than what happened in OUr last January Bowl.

Congratulations are in order first and foremost to the teams on great story book seasons. Then to Chris Petersen, who will continue to do well wherever he goes, if you don't think so... look at how that team made all the right calls and plays at all the right times. Bob Stoops, on proving every idiot Jim Traber and Nick Zeppelin wrong by actually winning more than six games. Ian Johnson for a great game, but also for the engagement. Not just any guy can say he won a game on such a prestigious stage and got engaged the same night. I don't care what you think about the Sooner loss, that's a great thing. We're talking about life and love, not college ball there.

Did I mention Barry Switzer desperately needs a contract to be a college or NFL commentator? Him and JJ were hilarious last night, and the world could use some good insight on football pre- and post-game. God knows he'll be lightyears better than the Gameday crew. And since when did FOX become so popular that they had so damn many commercials to play in the heat of the moment??? :mad:

Happy New Year www.soonerfans.com, may 2007 be "the year." :)