PDA

View Full Version : Great game, Sooners

Herr Scholz
1/2/2007, 05:39 PM
Helluva game. Best game of the bowl season by far. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. Made some mistakes in the 1st half and hung in there and showed grit. It was just BSU's night.

Texas Golfer
1/2/2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks, Scholz. That 4th and 18 conversion will haunt me for quite awhile.

nytehorn
1/2/2007, 06:56 PM
It is so far the best bowl game this year, but Texas Tech played in a great game too. My sleepy butt missed it though...I went to bed when you guys ran the INT back for a TD. I ASSUMED it was over. I just wish you guys had been able to stop the "statue of liberty" play, about a foot short. Would have been great TV, and the Big XII would still look good.

DustySooner
1/2/2007, 06:58 PM
Classy post. Thank you.

sanantoniosooner
1/2/2007, 07:09 PM
That 4th and 18 conversion will haunt me for quite awhile.
just put that in your sig line for us

thanks.

badger
1/2/2007, 07:47 PM
Helluva game. Best game of the bowl season by far. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. Made some mistakes in the 1st half and hung in there and showed grit. It was just BSU's night.
good thing I didn't put my avatar on the line, eh?

thanks for stopping by. so... what say you to avatar and sig wager for ou-texas meetings in basketball? :D

(both men's and women's, so that its fair to us both)

sozo
1/2/2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks man.

Seamus
1/2/2007, 08:14 PM
Might have to dole out some spek to some horns ... never saw that one coming ;)

Desert Sapper
1/2/2007, 08:26 PM
Danke, Herr. Never expected as much from a whorn like yourself. Stay classy.

SoonerSid
1/2/2007, 08:30 PM
It is so far the best bowl game this year, but Texas Tech played in a great game too. My sleepy butt missed it though...I went to bed when you guys ran the INT back for a TD. I ASSUMED it was over. I just wish you guys had been able to stop the "statue of liberty" play, about a foot short. Would have been great TV, and the Big XII would still look good.
good to see you back nyte.. thanks for showing some class here.. No ifs ands or buts about what happened last night. It was just BSU's night.

Herr Scholz
1/3/2007, 12:27 PM
good thing I didn't put my avatar on the line, eh?

thanks for stopping by. so... what say you to avatar and sig wager for ou-texas meetings in basketball? :D

(both men's and women's, so that its fair to us both)
Total games between our men and women's teams for the whole season? Sounds good. I'm in again. :D

Although I think you have more of an advantage on the women's side, I'll still play.

OUHOMER
1/3/2007, 12:34 PM
Might have to dole out some spek to some horns ... never saw that one coming ;)

yea nice post by some horns, BUT NEVER DOLE OUT SPEK TO A HORN:rolleyes:

fadada1
1/3/2007, 12:34 PM
Although I think you have more of an advantage on the women's side...
and yours are a whole lot sluttier... i'm not sure if that's a bad thing:D ;)

TexasLidig8r
1/3/2007, 01:20 PM
yea nice post by some horns, BUT NEVER DOLE OUT SPEK TO A HORN:rolleyes:

Unless it's negspek so we can go even deeper into the orange spek!

sanantoniosooner
1/3/2007, 01:22 PM
Unless it's negspek so we can go even deeper into the orange spek!
you want deep penetration from orange spekkers?

Keep Austin Weird.

westcoast_sooner
1/3/2007, 01:50 PM

Thanks Herr. Made some big mistakes and were ALMOST able to overcome them. You're right - it was just BSU's night.

tpatton
1/3/2007, 01:54 PM
Very classy post. What sportsmanship is suppose to be all about. Many thanks from a bruised, but not beaten Sooner.

Seamus
1/3/2007, 01:56 PM
Sorry, kinda lost me head there. I think I was blinded by an unexpected gracious gesture ;)

cvsooner
1/3/2007, 01:57 PM
Words of wisdom from Pete Fiutak at collegefootballnews.com:

"Now that the world has gone Boise State crazy, let’s all just take a big, deep breath before drinking the full glass of Kool-Aid. It took four turnovers, every conceivable mistake, both mental and physical, three of the most impossibly clutch big plays you’ll ever see, and everything else in the bag to beat Oklahoma in overtime. Overtime. I’m not saying the Broncos can’t play, but Oklahoma isn’t Ohio State or Florida this year.

In a one game shot, Boise State can beat Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida, or anyone else in America. This team was the real deal, and there’s nothing fluky about the Fiesta Bowl win. With that said, no way, no how do the Broncos go unbeaten with Oklahoma’s schedule. It wouldn’t have gone unbeaten in any of the big six conferences, so to just assume the Broncos deserve a shot at the national championship isn’t quite right. They wouldn’t be in this position if they didn’t play in the WAC."

soonernation
1/3/2007, 01:58 PM

**** off dip****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Herr. But I still feel like CRAP! :D

TUSooner
1/3/2007, 02:47 PM

"Now that the world has gone Boise State crazy, let’s all just take a big, deep breath before drinking the full glass of Kool-Aid. It took four turnovers, every conceivable mistake, both mental and physical, three of the most impossibly clutch big plays you’ll ever see, and everything else in the bag to beat Oklahoma in overtime. Overtime. I’m not saying the Broncos can’t play, but Oklahoma isn’t Ohio State or Florida this year.

In a one game shot, Boise State can beat Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida, or anyone else in America. This team was the real deal, and there’s nothing fluky about the Fiesta Bowl win. With that said, no way, no how do the Broncos go unbeaten with Oklahoma’s schedule. It wouldn’t have gone unbeaten in any of the big six conferences, so to just assume the Broncos deserve a shot at the national championship isn’t quite right. They wouldn’t be in this position if they didn’t play in the WAC."

Link? I could not find this. It looks interesting and even sensible.

soonersweetie
1/3/2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks for posting this. After reading this, I feel my blood pressure starting to drop a little. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ok, lol. I tell them I've been better, but I'm still proud to be a Sooner. I keep telling myself that I need to learn to channel stuff like this better. I take it all way too seriously. But I guess that's part of what it means to be a Sooner.

Here's to next year :)

OUmillenium
1/3/2007, 04:05 PM

As usual thanks for the classy post. Congrats on your close win with Iowa, that game had some fun in it too.

Haven't made my way over to austin360 yet.

MyT Oklahoma
1/3/2007, 04:05 PM
Dear Sooners:

Thanks for an exciting football season. Since 1971 I cannot recall a season quite like 2006. Always remember, there are more intangibles in football than just a win/loss record. I wouldn't trade any of you for anyone else and I wouldn't want to be a fan of any other college football program.

josh09
1/3/2007, 09:38 PM

Thanks man, but we spotted them 14 points. That IS something to be ashamed of. We didnt even wake up til the 2nd half.

josh09
1/3/2007, 09:39 PM
Dear Sooners:

Thanks for an exciting football season. Since 1971 I cannot recall a season quite like 2006. Always remember, there are more intangibles in football than just a win/loss record. I wouldn't trade any of you for anyone else and I wouldn't want to be a fan of any other college football program.

Word

AzianSooner
1/3/2007, 09:50 PM
Herr Schol,

I think I love you.... now until September.

Ash
1/3/2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks Herr, classy post...for a ****ing whorn ****

;)

Jello Biafra
1/4/2007, 08:16 AM
Link? I could not find this. It looks interesting and even sensible.

don't have a link right now but it is on college football news' web page talking about the game.

Desert Sapper
1/4/2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks man, but we spotted them 14 points. That IS something to be ashamed of. We didnt even wake up til the 2nd half.

We also never gave up, got those 14 back and then some, and would have won if not for three big-time trick plays executed to absolute perfection. Have you, in your life, seen the hook and lateral, a WR pass, or the statue of liberty executed that crisply by ANYBODY? Nevermind that all three were executed PERFECTLY in the same game? That was so one in a million it's insane. The only thing to be ashamed of is anybody that suggests we shouldn't be proud of the 2006-07 Sooners.

They won a conference championship when nobody thought they could and they nearly beat probably the biggest upstart in the history of college football after being down by 18. The measure of a team is not in how much better they are than the other team, but in how well they deal with adversity. In my estimation, that makes this team one of the greatest in recent memory.

Texas Golfer
1/4/2007, 11:29 AM
We also never gave up, got those 14 back and then some, and would have won if not for three big-time trick plays executed to absolute perfection. Have you, in your life, seen the hook and lateral, a WR pass, or the statue of liberty executed that crisply by ANYBODY? Nevermind that all three were executed PERFECTLY in the same game? That was so one in a million it's insane. The only thing to be ashamed of is anybody that suggests we shouldn't be proud of the 2006-07 Sooners.

We talk of "Sooner Magic" but all of the magic was on their side of the LOS.

Crimson and Orange
1/5/2007, 10:49 PM
Congratulations from another UT grad, not only on a fine performance in the Fiesta, but more importantly, on a truly impressive season. You overcame the loss of the idiot-who-shall-not-be named, you lost the best football player in America to a freak injury, got the short end of the worst officiating gaffe in modern college football history, got ZERO breaks in the RRS (despite winning almost every statistical category), and yet.....

....you rebounded with 7 straight wins and a conference championship, on the road, in adverse conditions.

Bob did the best coaching job I've seen in a long, long time.

And while I know it hurts, the Fiesta loss is nothingto be ashamed of. OU came back from 18 down, put together an Elway-esque 2-minute drive to tie, and never, ever gave up. After all the shock of watching such a thrilling ending wore off, all I could think of is that nobody deserved to lose.

Y'all are champions this year, no doubt about it. My hat is off to the Sooners.....until sometime in September, and then I hate you again. ;-)

picasso
1/5/2007, 11:04 PM
hopefully the guys on the team will have learned many lessons from this season.
2 losses by 1 point should leave a bad taste in the mouth and make them work harder and harder to never let it happen again.

that and not giving up a 4th and 18 TD to a QB named Zabransky.:D :(

Seamus
1/5/2007, 11:17 PM
Dammit to hell! this thread is killing me -- all these good feelings toward horns I'm feeling right now. I need to get back to good ol' enmity and genuine vitriole! :texan:

PoppaJack
1/6/2007, 09:31 AM
Don't worry Seamus, we'll be back to normal in no time. Cut throat contempt and blind hatred. But until then, my complements also on a bowl game and season well played by the Sooners.

Rogue
1/6/2007, 10:23 AM
Herr, Crimson & Orange...thanks.

KingDavid
1/6/2007, 03:46 PM
QB named Zabransky.:D :(

I'd have given my right nut to see another pick-six on Zabransky in the OT, to send that cocky punk beyotch back to therapy.:D